Antonio Brown to the Raiders(Confirmed)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AJT73, Feb 19, 2019.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

If this is the case I guess the queue starts right around the block then.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s assuming he will report without getting new guarantees. Not sure that’s a safe assumption

Cman68 likes this.
  3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The problem is that he won't just sit quietly and accept his fate - he will cause massive amounts of trouble, from tweeting to publicly blasting the team to refusing to play, trying to get an extension with lots of guaranteed money. Lots of players don't do what's best for the team, but crazy people don't do what's best for themselves, either.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

3 years is a long time to not report though. He might be screwed

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Meanwhile we already traded pick(s) and have the whole team being asked about the situation every practice. Not sure that’s a good way to go into this season. He’s getting a new deal wherever he ends up. I would do the third and guarantee what’s left on his current deal,but I need to talk to him and rosenhaus before I pulled the trigger.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That's assuming AB will give 100% for less than what he's asking for. If he wasn't happy in Pittsburgh, what makes you think that sans guaranteed cash, he goes 100% here?

7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

In a word "no." There are two many other pressing needs like LT, LG, C. OLB DL , CBs etc.

Cman68 and LAJet like this.
  8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

A 3rd for Brown is a big bargain considering his ability and his cap hits, plus he isn't a UFA until 2022 so the Jets would have him at reasonable numbers for 3 years. That's better than any pick we could get in the 3rd round.

On the flip side, he'll be 31 this year and we don't know how he will fit in the locker room or if he will hold out for a new contract at some point. A lot of folks are talking about his fair contract numbers but that could blow up if he wants a new deal prior to the season (or next season).

9. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The 7:50 mark will tell you what he's looking for from his next team.

10. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Thank you for not making me watch that whole thing.

Ooooof.

b.reyes16 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  11. Said about every available impact skill player by Jet fans since 2005. When will it be ok to actually make the guys who score the points a priority?

That said I dont want Brown. Id rather send some spare but useful pieces & a pick to Tampa for Mike Evans.

101GangGreen101 and LAJet like this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

IMO Mac and the Jets should be establishing a robocalling system beginning at 12:01am the first day of free agency to the agents of Bell, and every top OL on the market, and come out of it with a C, OG, and the best RB over the last few years. March 15 is strike and conquer for the Jets as far as I'm concerned. Keep Sam on his feet is the moto for 2019. If we get that, a pass rusher in the draft and may be a poor man version of someone like Adleman or Chrebet we will be rocking MetLife with new light. My silly dream for 2019.

13. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Beckham.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

We have scarce amount of draft picks and a whole lot of money. I’d rather overpay Bell and have to give up nothing. He’s a RB and WR in one player assuming he’s not 250 pounds like reports are saying.

15. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

For a third rounder yes. But i don't think he'll go that cheap and i don't think he wants to come here. I think he wants to go West and somewhere warm. Rams, Chargers, 49ers, Raiders and maybe Texans??? We shall see. But he just needs someone to shut him up at the minute. Plus if we make a move then i think the Pats would come in too as he would fit in well there.

16. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

no! i would not want that headache , period.

17. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Next level cringe

18. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Another diva WR? Did we not learn from Santonio Holmes and Brandon Marshall? Once again, for all the trouble he'll cause, he's not that good.

LAJet likes this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

According to the Steelers GM, three teams have already called and expressed interest. Let the games begin. Hopefully we are pushing elsewhere.

20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Would do it in a heartbeat. It would help Sam so much to have a player like him and wow as a guy who’s pretty pro Anderson/ Enunwa/Herndon, I’m sorry, that is absolutely a risk I take.