MetLife...err Giants Stadium II after first 7-years

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by FanSinceBIGShea, Jun 2, 2017.

1. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Brook! I'm not even going to bother with him.

I'm getting to old to worry about the opinions of every humorless, rude, know-it-all that you can run into on the Internet.

#101 RPOZ51, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  2. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Haha! I'm not even sure they exist now!!

Even though it seems to have escaped some people, I was just posting it for fun!

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

My fault, didn’t mean to be rude to you, that was more aimed at the dude who keeps claiming we should be thankful for our dumpster of a Stadium because Woody was moving the franchise to LA.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Instead of your hyena impersonation and overgrown imagination, why not just give us a link to any even semi-reputable document that indicates there was the slightest wisp of reality to that about which you continue to belch? Or simply take your juvenile games elsewhere.

5. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

It's no problem. We're good, and thanks for the post!

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

So where in your post did you mention NY made a concrete off to the Jets to build a domed stadium in Queens, I missed it? NY politicians have treated both NY football teams like shit from the start and that's why both are in NJ. Woody is not at fault on this one and neither are the Jets from when Mr. Werblin owned them right up to the Johnson's. Show we where the Jets turned down a concrete offer for a new place anywhere across the Hudson? Save your time, it doesn't exist. You hate Woody, I get it, but don't make shit up.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

What infuriates me the most about that large-scale morgue - I've said it so many times it's like a bullet ricocheting inside my skull at this point - is that the old shell could have been expanded and modernized for roughly 1/3 to 1/2 the money with a superior product, but no! Let's demolish The Old Dump (which of course cost a shitload of money in and of itself) and build something based on design alone that is WORSE 10 feet away. Brilliant! I don't understand why people think that "new" somehow always equals better. Tell that to the Candyland and Clue board games. Yuck. It doesn't.

The POS Palace has about as much charm as a hospital room with someone hooked up to a ventilator waiting to die. Every time I'm out that way and drive past it, "Jesus H, what a dump (brows involuntarily knit in annoyance)." Man, oh, man, if I only had my shill package pushing The New Dump and the subsequent PSL offering, everyone on here would shit their pants over the lies. I really regret it that I chucked it all a few years ago. WE HAVE OUR OWN HOME!!! In la-la land I suppose. Woody Johnson. Idiot. If I ever see that guy, I'd be this close to pushing his face in. My Willets Pt. Story is still looming.

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Woody Johnson is definitely at fault re: Queens. I'll get to it, I promise.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Winning makes everything better. Losing makes shit shittier

10. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Not to mention that if you’re not sitting at field level there is nary an amenity to be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it is what it was named originally on this board. the mausoleum. plain and simple.

i actually got a chance to go there last weekend and watch lacrosse and football as well as being on the field. it was my first time actually on the field. and let me tell you the upper deck looks as far away to the players as they do to the fans. the 50k psl seats are pretty good. i particularly liked 50 yard line about 2/3rds of the way up. down close was too low and its a really deep lower section.

the bottom line is and always will be with this shithole is that it is absolutely unimpressive, it was poorly designed and horribly thought out. it was built to get more money making boxes full of people who dont even really care about football and the real fan was left at home. i keep saying it, 2nd row mezz for 75 bucks a game turned into 7500k psl and 450 a game. and i will never forgive these asshole owners for it. they changed the entire fanbase with the move. and i dont think it will ever be the same.

JetsNation06 and CBG like this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

LONG GONE and will never ever be the same because the people I know and myself are NEVER going back. I might cherry pick games but buy season tickets ? Never again FU Woody and you can Shove it as well Christopher

#112 CBG, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    alleycat9 likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Go to the new stadium thread , my buddy just got a letter from the sales office begging him to come back = he walked away from his PSL and seats and has never looked back