Josh Allen from Kentucky believes he should go #1 pick in the 2019 Draft.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Jan 1, 2019.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Fair enough comment, cheers :)

FJF likes this.
  2. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Nobody thought Baker was going to be the #1 pick last year. I am not ruling out Bosa to the Jets.

3. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

That alone should be enough reason to take him, if he falls to us. Joey Bosa is scary enough.

4. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

My hope is that Jax feels like there is one QB worth taking and are afraid that the Giants will take him. It's possible you can engage those two teams to pay a reasonable price to secure their future signal-caller.

Again - I'm not greedy. I don't need an amazing package to move down to 6 or 7. I just need to recoup some of what we gave up to move up for Sam.

a quick google search brings up this fan"ish" looking site: https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jag...de-up-in-the-nfl-draft-for-a-qb-but-with-who/

The compensation feels reasonable maybe a slight bit light but I would be very intrigued if they offered their #7 this year, #38(second rounder) this year, #69(third rounder) this year and next year's 4th.

There's definitely at least a framework for an offer there.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The biggest obstacle is the fact that San Fran and Arizona are both sellers too. There’s really no reason to call the jets for the 3 since it may not secure a qb. It’s really going to be tough to move down in this draft.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I’d say! To get two extra picks in the ‘19 draft ( top 70 excellent value ) to move down just four spots? That definitely makes up for what the Jets lost trading up last year . With the #7 pick Jonah Williams should be in play and if the Jets are lucky maybe even one of the coveted EDGE guys....

Sam Hammer likes this.
  7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

While undoubtedly true is there any need for them to jump up to 1 or 2 where it will probably cost them a deal more? Assuming no one moves, the first team that will potentially take a QB is Oakland, so they will need to get above them and that takes them to the 3 pick. I doubt anyone does that deal pre-draft, but on the day if the first picks are not QBs then we are the prime landing spot for someone wanting to move up.

stinkyB and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  8. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I'm not feeling like we need to trade back. If Bosa or Allen are there then I'm comfortable selecting them at 3.

If they are both gone though - that's when I'll be hoping to get Monty Haul with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

stinkyB and BacktoQueens like this.
  9. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

The Raiders aren't drafting a Qb at 4. That is beyond silly, and the two most likely teams that might trade up is Giants, and the Bronco's.
    The Jaguars need a veteran Qb that can win now, a rookie Qb doesn't do anything for them .( Foles or Bridgewater).

Again most likely team to trade down is the Raiders at number 4. They probably take less to move back especially if the top three go off the board.( N Bosa, Q Williams, and Josh Allen ).

10. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Gruden takes a QB at #4. He has no idea what he is doing. Just like with Tampa Bay.

11. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

If SF or Arizona manage to trade out, there's no reason we should look to trade down IMO. In that case, we'd likely have our pick of 2 out of the 3 top players in the draft (Allen, Bosa or Williams). The drop off in talent after those 3 is rather drastic.

I think 3 is an ideal position. If Bosa and Allen go 1/2, we're in great position for a draft-day trade down. If someone jumps in front of us to grab a QB, we're still in a great position to get one of the top players in the draft.

12. FJF

Agreed, I think I made the same statement at some point in here.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

If I had the first overall pick, I'd make it Allen without a second thought.
    So if he's there at 3, that's definitely who I want for the Jets.

If he's not there at 3, Monty Haul sounds about right.
    Trading out though, it better involve a 2nd this year and 1st next year.

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Or better yet, swaps spots with the Jets giving them an extra first then draft a QB.

15. JetsKickAss

We don't know what Arizona really wants. And I can see SF staying at #2 or trading down for more draft capital (they've blown some picks the last 2 years).

To me, it's win-win either way:

If AZ or SF trade down (or both), we're getting either Bosa or Allen if we want. I presume that all 3 teams don't trade down because if that's the case us trading down would net us less since we are at #3 and they are at #2 and/or #1.

If AZ and SF stay put and take Bosa and Allen, then we can demand 50-75% more in Draft Chart Points from anybody wanting to move up (Giants, Broncos, Jacksonville). If we stay at #3 and Bosa/Allen are both gone, then we just need to make sure whoever we get is solid and can make an impact in Year 1. If MM thinks that player can be gotten lower in the Top 10, then sure, trade down and collect an extra 2nd.

16. JetsKickAss

Jets can't get a #1 from Oakland for moving from #4 to #3 (Trubisky, 2017).

17. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

This is assuming Gruden is an idiot. I doubt he actually drafts a QB with Carr on the roster or swaps with the Jets to do so but stranger things have happened.

#37 Sam Hammer, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  18. FJF

Yes, I and another poster covers this earlier.
    At this point I feel like it’s a lock that we will either have bosa/Allen or a bunch of extra picks.
    Me personally,I’d rather have one of the pass rushers. We need some elite talent badly

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Sam Hammer and FJF like this.
  20. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Although that is true, I don't see a scenario where he falls past the Niners.

Early Prediction:
    Arizona- Bosa
    San Francisco- Allen
    Jets- Trade Down/Q Williams