MetLife...err Giants Stadium II after first 7-years

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by FanSinceBIGShea, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Well.

There is that.

My point was, it was never ever ever ever a real thing.

That somehow we should be happy we got a shit Stadium because we were likely moving to LA is....quite frankly...hogwash.

Was never an option.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I agree with what you say. Was never an option, will never be an option and Post just did a click bait in 2001. It really is silly to even discuss this to be honest.

3. Rollo Tomassi

I like silly.

It’s kind of my thing.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why should we? Because we have no other viable options? Neither do tenement dwellers but they're not jumping for joy and neither should Jet fans. We deserved better than MetLife but as usual The Johnsons got the goldmine and Jet fans got the shaft.

5. I refuse to believe theres literally nowhere to put a stadium in the tri state.Johnsons have the financial means & connections to pull the right strings to find a solution.

Worst comes to worse theres plenty of open space right off the highway all along I-84 right along the NY line in CT.

JohnnyJet1222 likes this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

By the way I love that Jets are in New Jersey. Maybe away from the Long Island fan base but once we start winning with Darnold we will have another solid fan base in New Jersey.

7. Rollo Tomassi

Look at that fucking Stadium.

Are you fucking kidding me we should “appreciate” MetLife?

Get.

The.

Fuck.

Out of here.

8. Rollo Tomassi

We did.

Sheldon Silver said hi.

And when I said “hi” I meant “no”.

Cman68 likes this.
  9. Rollo Tomassi

The dude doesn’t watch football.

Why listen to what he says about football stadiums.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yonkers Raceway was begging for development. Access via Mass Transit was already in place. Woody didn't get his way so he played the petulant child and we got stuck in the swamp.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You appear to have a very real difficulty with reading comprehension. 1) No NFL team is moving from the New York metropolitan area to East Bumfuck, USA. 2) The Jets never considered moving from the New York Metropolitan area to Los Angeles or anywhere else. 3) Where do you get this unfounded BS from and what makes you think anyone would believe it?

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Please. The worth of the New York Jets is directly related to being in the biggest market in the world. There was zero chance of woody moving outside this area. Zero. The fucking dirty sleazy politicians was the reason we don’t have a beautiful stadium with a retractable roof on the west side of the biggest city in the world. That’s a fact not and opinion.

JohnnyJet1222 likes this.
  13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i wish 227 was still around to go on one of his rants about the new mausoleum.

it sucks in every way imaginable. it sucks to get to on mass transit, it is all the things that the guy complained about, but more importantly its a downgrade from the old stadium, the old stadium didnt have a bad seat in the house. you felt like a part of the game no matter where you were and you could see everything with relative ease. add to that the fact they went from 75 dollars for a seat 2nd row mezz on the 10 yard line to a 7500 psl and 450 a game for a seat that is higher up than the old stadium and this fucking organization can go fuck itself. these assholes couldnt get it right if someone else did it for them.

if you are going to fuck your fanbase into not being able to go to games so that johhny the stock broker who doesnt even know how to hold a football can spend 60k on a seat then at least make the fucking thing nice like these other cities. but fuck man just build a football stadium we can fucking afford to go to that gives us the ability to watch the game. instead you go and its half fucking kansas city fans. fuck that place and fuck the jets for fucking their fan base with that place. i cant wait till these fucktards are gone. hopefully its not another lamebrain moron who buys the team.

14. alleycat9

oh wait i already said all of that in another post earlier in the thread. see i givve so little of a shit at this point i dont even remember what ive responded to on here. fuck that piece of shit stadium

15. Rollo Tomassi

That stadium would have been gorgeous and befitting a NYC NFL team.

Fucking Sheldon Silver.

sec314 and alleycat9 like this.
  16. alleycat9

that could have been what everyone else has, it could have really become the spot to do things in the city. iirc it wasnt just sheldon silver who fucked that up but that dolan had a hand in it as well.

problem is i dont give a fuck about some fancy west side stadium where it can be used year round. i care about going to football games, well i used to care about going to football games. i surely dont anymore and wouldnt if they built that either.

17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Los Angeles Chargers.

The Los Angeles Rams.

The Las Vegas Raiders.

Yet you believe that there was absolutely positively 0% chance the Jets could've been one of those teams if Metife had never been built.

Woody would've stuck with us through thick & thin eh?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Better a ugly as can be stadium around here where they can still be called the New York Jets than a gorgeous stadium in Los Angeles or Las Vegas.

That's how I look at it.

I feel very fortunate.

18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

You're right.

Los Angeles is only the second largest market in the country and the league was dying to go back for years.

Why would the thought even cross Woody's mind? What was I thinking?

:rolleyes:

19. Rollo Tomassi

You’re not very perceptive are you.

20. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

Woody is a carpet bagger. I don't know who remembers that after the crooked politicians shot down the west side stadium, Woody had a press conference with the Queens borough president at the time. There was a potential agreement in effect to build a domed stadium next to Shea. Woody just did this to get the Met life stadium deal. One of the reasons he gets booed all the time. A queens stadium would have brought the team back to their roots.

alleycat9 likes this.