New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

DWC, we both know the Jets won't completely abandon their classics. They will be another throwback option just like the Titan unis. They're trying to establish a new identity which honestly, I think is overdue. Their choice had better be a good one as far as design and color or there will be hell to pay with the fanbase.

2. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I can't even find an image with Oregon wearing a green helmet with a black uniform.

So you KNOW that shit is bad.

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I loved those Titans throwbacks.

Yep. I'm that one person.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I was but a wee lad when the Titans played in the Polo Grounds. Those Titan throwbacks are a reminder to me of my Dad and how I became one of the wretched Jets fans.

5. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I would love these!!! That is real throwback with a little 70's 80's mixed in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I thought they were awful but I will say they were good luck. I don’t remember the Jets losing a game in those ugly blue unis

7. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

It's just a mock-up, i too, hate the multiple green tones our uni's show up as. First and foremost it needs to be the same shade of green throughout, i agree on that.

8. STARoSCREAM

uhhhh, what?

9. Id say 50 years w no championship would classify as being “broke”. You like seeing the butt fumble in those unis?Lou Holtz?The entire Bowles era?

I dont relate to your opinion what so ever..you arent alone..but i cant understand why any fan of THIS team would be so resistant to a progressive change. There are other teams in new york in THIS LEAGUE that fit a conservative,preservational, color blind aura. Thats not the Jets.

Sounds like YOU could use a throwback Frank Guifford jersey & a glass of Moxie.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

It’s an educated guess/hope based on what our options are. Nobody but a couple of jet executives some players and Boomer no for sure. Everyone else is guessing. That’s tbe point of this site.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Holy shit those are perfect!!!!!
    I love the logo and the white faceMask is better than the green. Slightly lighter green and no green pants! Minor changes but perfect. No need at all to try to "modernize" it which never ends well with Nike.

I'm totally onboard with a black 3rd jersey alternate though if they want to introduce something different. On that all white uniform, on the jersey just replace the white with black, leaving the green numbers and white pants.

So hoping this is how it goes and they manage to improve what's already a good thing.

#1911 BacktoQueens, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    regan62072 likes this.
  12. BacktoQueens

Cman I'm not so sure they won't abandon the classics, even tho I'm hoping they don't.

If the alternate is black, and they redesign the mains to something Nikeish, there would be no more classic look which would be a shame.
    I'm hoping they go with look in my above post tho.

13. STARoSCREAM

[​IMG]
    Hate the helmet in this mock up

14. BacktoQueens

I hate everything in that mock up.
    Helmet terrible, color green terrible, way too much green, numbers terrible, forced black accents don't work.....
    It's like they took everything bad from the Eagles new horrible uniforms, and then somehow made that even worse.

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. STARoSCREAM

i personally am not a fan of black on green because i don't think there's enough contrast and will all bleed together at a distance

donkey likes this.
  16. Honestly..this whole change really excited me. I thought the time was right for a rebranding & that this team’s progressive roots would set forth the opportunity for something new & exciting we could all rally around.

The jets 80s uniform& brand.Slick,bold, brash..and most importantly green is what made me a fan. It certainly wasnt success on the field. I loved how alt & progressive the jets were in their infancy.

But all ive seen since the announcement is alot of self serving color blind conservatism stuck in the past..from folks who complain about that checkered past seemingly daily!You guys wont be happy w anything w color,anything w a new logo,anything remotely modernized..theres literally no compromise either. Its mostly white,a specific shade of green,an oval logo or nothing. Its very disappointing.

Now i just dread the change. Its not gonna be fun.It wont be exciting.It’ll be like the refreshments served before the local town council session down at city hall.Bitching & moaning about anything new.

In some odd way this reminds me of the early 00s when the WSS was being planned & all folks could worry about was their own logistics & drinking their shitty keystone lights in a parking lot rather than see the big picture. Well metlife shared w the giants was the gift bestowed.Now you guys will get what you get.

17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Favre threw 6 TD passes in one game in the Titan unis.

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

This was posted before.

Still ass.

Ralebird likes this.
  19. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

If they were smart they would have unveiled the new logo on a hat this week. Not the entire uniform but just the logo on a plain hat in the new shade of green. Would created some buzz for the rest of the uniform with the entire football world watching. I saw another poster a few pages back state he thinks they will unveil them Wrestlemania week with all the attention that will be on Metlife. I am now 100% in on this theory seeing as WM is April 7th which is right around when the unveiling was expected.

20. BacktoQueens

The Eagles midnight green with black has no contrast and is a bad look.

If the Jets go back to a lighter green it could look good with a black jersey as an alternate imo.. Plenty of contrast especially if there is enough white mixed in the uniform.

STARoSCREAM likes this.