Chris Russo Hates, I mean HATES the Jets.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigGreenUgly, Dec 9, 2006.

1. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

yeah he hates us -- when we are predicted to go 4-12 no one says anything about our schedule -- when we are 7-5 with a cance to make the playoffs we have a cream puff schedule....these are the same teams we were going to play when we were predicted to go 4-12 so come on.

Eli a better QB than Chad? Seriously !?! Chad doesn't have a rocket arm but he makes great decision, has smarts, and the team would do antyhing for him

Eli looks lost half the time and i don't think he has really gained the full respect of the entire giants team

Russo just hates the jets and it is to a point where he looks ignorant in his football knowledge

2. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Who's more pitiful recently: Jets or Giants? I saw a stat the other day that said the Giants haven't gone to the playoffs in back-to-back season in around 17 years. Sure, they've been to three SB's and obviously more recently than the Jets. But I'm not sure they've been much better than the Jets season to season since Parcells left.

3. 85inthehall

I agree with that with the giants -- only so many tims you can use the excuses of coaching changes, injuries, growing pains, under achieiving when they come into each year as the team to do something in NY

jets will never get the same respect as the giants eventhough they are a hell of a lot moe fun to watch play week in and week out

4. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

I'm not speaking on my personal opinion as to who has been the more successful franchise, just my take on how mass media views things. Just like how the Patriots, Ravens and Buc's were an after thought for so many decades and have basically been reinvented by the media, so will the Jets once they get over that hump.

#24 GreenGiant 32, Dec 9, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  5. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I actually agree with you.. the reason they are so good at what they do is that they know how to push people's buttons.. they do seem to spend more time on the Giants than the Jets but face it, the Giants have had some more high profile games the past few weeks. Mike seems to show respect for Mangini and the whole Jets organization and I actually like his approach. Chris is kind of annoying with his thoughts about it but that is why he has a show.. he is allowed to express his feelings.

The thing I find really annoying is when they spend time on the Giants (baseball) and not the Yankees or the Mets. NO ONE here cares about the san fran giants

6. 85inthehall

russo had some half assed arguments today though -- te giants have all these injuries nd the jets haven't so we shoul dbe good but he never mentioned that we lost curtis for the season - no tiki barber here - have 2 rookie OL playing in the 2 most critical positions, a new defensive scheme, new coordinators on both sides of the ball, and a new coach - yet they have pulled together as a team -- the giants -- what is their excuse -- every team in the NFC is playing .500 ball with injuries no one stepped up in that conference

7. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

We'd smoke the Giants if we ever had the chance. Smoke 'em.

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

He only mentions the Pats win...Yet this team came back from 24-0 to make it a 24-17 game in the intial Pats meeting...Had Indy on the ropes! Just couldn't stop Peyton to lose by 3, and lost to the Bears by 10, the supposed "Best team in the NFC."

The Jets aren't great nor flashy, they're a solid football team...But for him to say this, screw him.

9. slimmjim45

slimmjim45 New Member

im a jet fan, but that doesnt mean everyone has to be

10. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

They both give the Jets no credit. Thats fine by me though. Russo is the biggest jinx. And sorry but a sportscaster of his knowledge should know how important coaching is in the NFL and Coughlin is constantly outcoached by average coaches so Mangini would run circles around him.

Also the Giants have lost to a bunch of good teams congrats. When they beat Dallas Dallas was terrible. The only team they beat who was good at the time is Philly. Not to mention we played Indy and Chicago tougher than they did.

They had two guys on this week Randy Cross and Rod Woodson who both said the Giants were done and both Mike and Russo pretty much dusted that off to them being AFC guys and hating the giants.

11. 85inthehall

he doesn't have to be a fan but, hosting a sports talk show he should at least have all he facts and give the news withou openly rooting against the jets to loe 2 out of 4 so the giants look better some season end

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Chwis Wusso has always dissed the Jets. The only way to shut this guy up is to win. I love it when this happens and he's got to eat crow.

"Well, I guess I was wong about the Jets..."

13. ganooch

ganooch Member

Russo hates every New York team that exists. I have never heard him say a good thing about any of them. I agree with 85inthehall when he says that when everyone had the Jets finishing 3-13, 4-12, 6-10, the schedule was not an issue. They are 7-5 with the same schedule!

I used to listen to ESPN from 6am on but I can't listen to Max Kellerman. His show is horrendous (another Giant homer as well as Yankees). That is only one reason why I do not like his show. Colin Cowherd's show is the best and now we do not get him at all. That Sucks. Heard it was because he spent too much time on college football and NY is not a college football town. That is BS!!!!!!!!

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I used to listen to the FAN a lot more than I do. They used to talk a lot more football but nowadays it's 80% baseball, even in the winter. I don't get it.

15. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Calling Philly and Buffalo even is absurd, junc, and I hope you mean the McNabb-less Philly.

Call me crazy, but I don't disagree with Russo. I think a healthy Giants team is better than we are. Take away Cotchery, Barton, and Sean Ellis (Toomer, Arrington, and Strahan is a far better trio) and see how much that hurts us.

16. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

this is just another example of the anti jet media... as far as russo goes i think he's bitter about the pre game show... remember he was an anchor back in 98... he wasn't asked back after that...
    but this does remind me of the "outrage" over the vinnie touchdown vs seattle in 98... the jets had and have still been jobbed on more game costing calls than i can count... we get one call that goes in our favor everyone is outraged and they bring back instant replay...
    this just goes with being a jet fan...

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's because Russo knows nothing about football. They're always going to constantly talk about baseball, because Francessa knows about both topics, but Russo is a pure baseball talkshow host. They have to cater to their hosts strong topics.

18. greenteam

greenteam New Member

this guy had no IQ in football..i love how he"s saying the giants are a better team.you think the jets would have blown a 21 point 4th quarter lead..the guy"s a retard

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

wait,saturdays he's alone right? No mike? Thats why he waits til sat to spew his crap,because mike isnt there to keep him in line. I called and told him that once.

20. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Russo picked us to go to the super bowl last year. The kiss of death.