Chris Russo Hates, I mean HATES the Jets.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigGreenUgly, Dec 9, 2006.

1. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Just happened to listen to his Saturday show and Russo went on about how the Jets easy schedule is the reason they are 7-5. "Don't give me Indianapolis and how you almost beat them." "Listen, the Giants are better then the Jets. They have had more injuries, A little better division(NFC East)."

Even though the Giants play remaining teams with the same record as the Jets and losses to Tennessee, he just will NEVER, EVER give the Jets any credit.

He said, "the the Giants won at Dallas."

Ok Chris, the Jets won at New England.

He then made Giants wins at Philadelphia and Atlanta as being impressive road wins.

He finished with comparing the Jets to Rutgers basically saying "They think they are better then they are. Settle down Jets fans."

Even if we make the playoffs and win a game, there will always be no respect from these Fucking tools on WFAN.

2. boomer

boomer Active Member

Chris Russo is a little pipsqueak piece of $hit. He should put his foot in that big, annoying mouth of his then drive off a cliff.

3. JETTS216

JETTS216 New Member

Russo is a barely articulate, self aggrandizing, ignoramous. He cant pronounce the word TERRIBLE.... "mike thats tewwible".....I dont care that he doesnt like the jets. I dont like him.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

They only way to shake these kinds of things is to get into the playoffs and make a run then.,

5. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

people still listen to that show?

listen to ESPN radio- at least they respect the callers and the Jets (cause it is the jets flagship station).

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I think WFAN is the NYGs flagship station not the NYJs

7. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

ESPN- Jets
    WFAN- Giants

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nor do I think ESPN is the NYJs flagship station unless U R referring to Greeny frim the Mike & Mike show on 1050 every weekday AM

9. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

I was listening too. He is an insufferable twit. This is why it'll kill me if the Jets have a bad December, because then that jerk will be the only one who was right. And I can't handle that.

10. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

Dude, the Jets games are broadcasted on 1050-ESPN, making it the "Jets flagship station."

11. RSherryJr

RSherryJr New Member

Russo is not a big football fan and like it was said earlier, unless you are big into football you wouldn't notice how much better the Jets are getting each and every week. Combine this with the fact that his partner is a Giants fan who loves to overrate them and the fact he is on the flagship station for the NYG and there you have the reason for him saying such dumb things. I also think the Jets broke their contract with FAN sometime back and the station was pretty mad about it.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The AFC east is better than the NFC East:

-NE is better than Dal
    -NYJ better than NYG
    -Buf and philly are equal
    -Mia better than Wash

The AFC East combined record so far is: 26-22
    The NFC east combined record so far is: 24-24

AFC East vs. NFC: 11-4
    NFC East vs. AFC: 7-9

The NFC stinks, as usual. I love how no one usued the jets excuses last year as to why we stunk but now the Giants have half our injuries and that's why they are p;aying like crap.

no one mentioned the biggest reaon the giants made the playoffs was b/c they had the benefit of playing 9 home games and 7 road games but now for once the Jets have an easy sched and that's a big deal. I didn't hear anyone complain when the giants had the one of the easiest scheds I have ever seen in 2000 but now it's a problem.

13. allan1

allan1 Active Member

The Jets have always gotten unmercifully ripped on that station by Mike and Chris, even when it was the Jets flagship station. Nowadays they don't even give the Jets the time of day...granted that other team is a circus. One team is on the up and up, the other going down the toilet. There are two big stories that should get equal time. Instead it's 90% Smurfs talk.

Thank god we have our own TV network now.

14. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Mike and the Mad Dog are doing their job. They're good at what they do.

15. nyjunc

Not always, when parcells was here Francesa loved us b/c of his buddy.

16. bartontotheprobowl06

who give a s*it about chris russo he doesnt know any thing about football

17. sect105

sect105 New Member

Wow, that's weird because during the week and this year he has given them a lot of credit when the "decide" to talk about the Jets. Let's face it though with all the B.S with the Giants they are a better talk radio subject. The Jets just go about their business and do not get all the media hype which is great.

18. nyjunc

They do just say things to get people going at times, especially Russo but I just irks me how the media gives the giants all these excuses but when it happens worse to the Jets they don't get the excuses and when the jets have an esy sched it's big news but the giants get an easy sched it's never mentioned. For the past 10+ years the AFC East has been alot better than the NFC East in all but 1 year('05). The NFC east was brutal from about '96 or '97-'04. We had more multiple years of 3 playoff teams plus a year w/ 4 playoffs teams and we also had a year where the last place team was at .500. We were due an easy sched for all the years of difficult ones we had.

19. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

There's a reason for this, just like the Mets always get overlooked for the Yankees. The Jets have had an unmistakable aura of failure for decades, few playoff appearances, fewer divisional crowns, the Jets must prove their consistency to the media before they get any accolades. And that will only happen after we win another Super Bowl, anything less will just be brushed off by the national and local media. Sad to say, but no less true.

20. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Way too much baseball talk on that show. I know NY is more of a baseball town than a football town, but c'mon. This is the high point of the football season, and Russo talks more about his SF Giants than the NY Jets. Pitiful.

For the record: Colin Cowherd is the best radio guy available nationally.