New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think I said this before, but it really reminds me of the Capitals with Alexander Ovechkin. They were a losing franchise that had a really bad stretch and then drafted a potential franchise player. In Year 2 they changed jerseys and have not looked back. I think the Jets can do the exact same with Darnold. People will not even remember he wore these old jerseys 5 years from now.

HomeoftheJets and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. DSL97

DSL97 Member

Possibly, considering it's what you'll be staring at every Sunday for many years. Also it could effect team sales cause people will like/dislike the jerseys

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I’ve actually come to like the uniforms a lot more since last night. I hate the logo, it’s awful, but I’m starting to dig the uniforms themselves.

4. Great post.

The players seem to want a change & something brand new..really cant blame them.

Also the jets have always been the more progressive NYC team..at least thats been their largest selling point. The Jets brand IS boldness. NY is the fashion capital of the world & very forward thinking. The giants & Yankees have every reason to ignore this..but not the Jets. Certainly there is a certain obligaion to keep things tasteful.

The current/69 unis should not be forgotten by any means but Assuming the new helmets are white,stickers can be changed out it can be worn on auspicious occassions.

This is about moving forward.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The Captials have been wearing the throwbacks more and more over the last few years, because they are much better uniforms which should never have been changed.

They also went through a series of horrendous uniforms as they tried to rebrand in 90's, while changing colors, logo, etc. It was an epic failure which never should have taken place.
    That's what I'm worried the Jets may do.
    Hopefully the changes are very minimum.

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

dude its not the uniform

7. BroadwayAaron

Has it actually been proven false yet?

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

theyre not the uniforms dude...a 14 year old kid with no followers is the leak?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  9. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Hahahahaaa total crap opinion IMHO.

The Jets, to us, is entertainment.

Everything, the players, the coaches, the media coverage, the TV, the live games, the LOOK.

I don’t wake up the day after a game and read the paper to see how they did- I want to watch and ENJOY the game.

I’ve heard folks say variations of “they could wear pink and brown/pink polka dots/French tu tu’s/assless chaps and I “could care less” as long as they win a SB.

Seriously?

You want to see the Jets win a SB in pink polka dots?

Is that how far you’ve sold your soul?

The uniform-classy or not- does not cause winning.

These aren’t mutually exclusive events.

We could, with this QB, ACTUALLY win a SB in the next 5 years.

Would you be happy if they did that in pink and brown? Polka dots? Assess chaps?

Stop it. It’s stupid.

How about winning a fucking Super Bowl with GREAT uniforms befitting a champion.

Pink and brown.

Get the fuck out. Apologize for being Captain Literal.

But let’s LOOK great whilst becoming great.

jonnyd, Kris 15 and Sam Hammer like this.
  10. The Dark Knight

I wouldn't say any of that, maybe because they are my team. I like the throwbacks, but the current one is nice, which is basically an updated look of the old jersey. I liked the eagle jerseys and the black ones too, but I know many who did not. I am thinking that the Jets are going to be doing an updated version of the 80's logo, but we won't know for sure until we see them.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yes, I exaggerate. As long as it is green, I will be content. Let's just say fashion is very low on the totem pole of priorities for this team, at least for me.

12. BroadwayAaron

He’s the kid who posted it on Twitter. It was leaked before that. I’m not saying it’s real I’m just saying we don’t know that it’s fake. I hope it is because that logo is awful but I like the jerseys.

13. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

That wasn’t directed at you but everyone in history saying a SB in pink polka dots would be acceptable.

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's all good, I enjoyed the post.

And yes, for a Super Bowl win, I would take literally any type of uniform, but in reality the uniform does not affect that in the slightest.

You can put a Corolla engine in a Ferrari body, but it's still essentially a Corolla.

15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Can't imagine that these will be the uniforms. The Johnsons are incompetent, we know that, but I refuse to believe that they're that incompetent that they'd put something that amateurish out there, especially with the help of Nike.

Nike's redesigns have almost universally looked terrible, but I don't think any of them have looked amateurish like that. No doubt these are a fanmade design.

stinkyB likes this.
  16. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Love this new uniform. Hunter green is rugged yet classy. Wish they had added some gold trim, since it goes so well with hunter green, but overall I’m very pleased with the look.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It isn't the uniform.

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Indeed

19. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Question for everyone,

do any of you remember there being this much of a lead up and hype to any of the other NFL teams and their uniform redesigns?

I'm not tied in to any other teams like I am the Jets so things like that go unnoticed for me. I just wonder if Nike and the Jets could be setting us up for something as awesome as they are portraying it to be *shrug*. The look will be subjective of course but I'm cautiously optimistic it will appeal to the masses.

20. The Dark Knight

Probably the same for most teams, we just don't think about it because we don't care. This is no big deal for the 31 other fan bases. Most probably are not even aware the Jets are changing designs.

K'OB and HomeoftheJets like this.