Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

One year isn't the same as ten years. Unless we're talking about baseball years.

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You have to understand something here. Gase took team that's as bad as the Jets were, if not worse, with no decent QB, and was able to get close to 500 record, and a play-off appearance. Check the Jets record in the last 3 years. And this is in the same division. So, as bad as some people think he is, at the very least he is a big upgrade over what we had as HC thus far. And he is pretty young and can improve. He wasn't even in his 40s yet when he coached terrible Miami team. There is a realistic possibility that he did get better. Another point to consider, he did go to SB as offensive coordinator at a very young age. People say he got Manning. Well, in two season with Payton, he coached Manning to #1 and #3 TD passes in Manning's entire career, even though he was in his more advanced years coming off serious injury. It's no surprise Payton recommended him. Bottom line: let's not shit on Gase just yet. He may turn out to be all right, especially with a decent QB.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Didnt Bowles have the same record his first year too???

With a shittier QB to boot?

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Gase gets no credit for working with Manning but McCarthy
    But way more talent. Marshall, Decker, O-Line, Defense was loaded up with talent as well.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Huh?

Tannehill
    Jarvis Landry
    Kenny Stills
    Devante Parkwe
    Jeremy Tunsil
    Brandon Albert
    Jay Ajayi
    Cam Wake
    Suh
    Alonso
    Andre Branch
    Maxwell

Huh? We had more talent? Really???

Red Menace likes this.
  6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I’m saying year 1. He had way more talent, Bowles.

Both won when they had talent?

Both lost when they’re QBs were the trash. The difference Gase’s teams always seem to be in the mix while Bowles last 3 years were over before the season barely got started.

BudJet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I agree with you that Gase is better than Bowles. But better than Bowles isn't enough. There's a level in between Bowles and good coach, and for our sake Gase better not end up there.

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I was pessimistic.. I have evolved into indifferent. Still a very long way from optimistic.

Ralebird, donkey, dmarz45 and 3 others like this.
  9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am a long way from indifferent. I am just counting the days until Gase is gone. We are already 3 days closer to his firing. But it was a long 3 days probably because it was 30 days in baseball days.

TwoHeadedMonster and dmarz45 like this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't think Tannehill is better than Fitzpatrick, but to your point Bowles did have one 10 win season and no play-offs. Gase made play-offs. Then the following two seasons he outperformed Balls as well. Also, you do need to look at overall record, and Gase had 23-25. Balls had 24-40 around the same time span, in the same division. Not that 23-25 is a lot to brag, but definitely a clear upgrade over what we had in the same division during the same time - and also without a good QB. Add to this a SB appearance as a coordinator and a much younger age, and there is some potential here. No, this is not a slam dunk, but heck even Rex Ryan, who was a no brainer to pick at the time had mixed results. Definitely Gase is someone with credentials though who deserves a chance.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We are getting a big upgrade at the coaching and Gase is so young, that the upgrade can turn out to be big enough that we will have a decent coach. Unlike a scrub like Rhule, Gase does bring up some credentials. Remember that shitty 3d string QB for the Jets in 2012, Jets got from Denver, whose biggest accomplishment was getting engaged to gorgeous miss universe just recently? That dude actually made play-offs and won a play-off game under Gase in Denver in 2011, and even set some sort of records on yards per completion. Payton's best years came under him as well to the point he called the Jets football minds to give this guy a chance. I don't think Jets did a bad job with the coaching choice here. Definitely an upgrade from before and let's see - could be a big upgrade too.

BudJet likes this.
  12. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Hilarious...So it's possible Gase was the third choice.

Red Menace, NYJetsO12 and Wah like this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I have a question... How do you tell a coach with more wins that your last 5 coaches combined AND a SB ring who to hire? What makes Macc and Chris Johnson think they're so much smarter than the SB winning coach when it comes to personnel?

The jets did both Rhule and McCarthy a favor by hiriing Gase. I do have to wonder now just what Gase had to agree to to get the job. It does kinda explain why there's no new assistants yet.

14. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

It's hilarious how badly this organization is run. knew they would do this with Rhule, but doing it with McCarthy is too much.

Gase totally jumped on this job since no other offers were coming, Mac slid him a paper with a list of "acceptable" coordinators. Just like Bowles, he's probably allowed to bring in 1 coordinator of his own, and that will most likely be Patton Oswalt's reject brother. It's no wonder Bowles kept Kacy Rodgers around for 4 years, he was probably the only person he was comfortable with on the staff.

Before anyone says the Browns did the same thing, they clearly had a reason to keep Kitchens; the Jets have NO reason to keep Bates.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

In the case of Rhule, I hate that it broke down over staffing. In the case of McCarthy, I couldn’t agree any more with the front office. He ran an old, outdated, unimaginative offense that would have slowed Sam down to a screeching halt. They were making decisions with the best interest of the quarterback in mind with this one. I personally wouldn’t have wanted McCarthy to come here unless he came with a good offensive coordinator and you knew that wasn’t going to happen considering he’s the playcalling.

That being said, ending up with Gase is not that much better.

16. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

It could of been a veto on mccadoo. They might not want that stench around after the giants.

Cman68 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It would have been hilarious to bring McAdoo on board after he said Darnold wasn’t a franchise quarterback.

HomeoftheJets and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This article is full of shit. McCarthy didn't like it so much that he said Jets were his ONLY choice? Let's do a better job accepting the BS posted by some dubious "writers".

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It doesn’t say they told him who to hire in that article. It says the Jets asked McCarthy to produce a list of people who could potentially be his coordinators.

Yes, the presumption is that they were most likely interested to offer their input of who he should hire, but it doesn’t specifically say this.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yes, I hope we all learned a lesson through this process. The one thing Maccagnan’s regime is stellar at is keeping shit under wraps.

So many fake news reports through this process.

We just won’t know things until they happen while Mac is at the helm.