Ideal Scenario for Offensive Makeover

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 11, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

hm. okaaaay then

2. BrowningNagle

Yeah. I think Bell, especially, will sign with the organization that offers him the most money.

I'm not even completely sure if I want that to be our Jets. But he doesn't sit out a whole year to find the right fit/culture for him. He sits out cause he wants to be paid

Sec124DieHard and barfolomew like this.
  3. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

can you name all of these players that did not like playing for gase? i have only seen three

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s like 30 in baseball

5. thedrjay

thedrjay Active Member

A glance at overthecap.com shows the Jets only have 30 players under contract for next season. This to me means, you can't pay Bell. That's too much money to tie up on one player with all the needs on this team. I would consider kicking Long inside to guard and trying to sign Paridis as a Center along with a possible trade down in the draft for another OL. It'll be interesting to see what happens regardless.

Jets81 likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Based on his personnel/playing time decisions in Miami, anyone here who thinks they predict what Gase will do is just fooling themselves. That said, I can foresee a lot of "Gase's guys" being signed and playing, even if they aren't the best. Sort of like Rex.

HomeoftheJets and barfolomew like this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If you can't fill out a roster with $85 million and 31 players under contract, including your QB, you might have an issue. The notion that you can't afford Bell plus linemen or Bell and a pass rusher is so false.

8. They have over 100M in cap space for 2020 as well w. flexibility for even more w. acouple veteran cuts and/or restructuring. they resigned Enunwa placing an ample portion of his salary into 2020. I'd expect others who are resigned to fill out roster will execute similar deals. Meanwhile they'll front load free agents to put heavy salary on 2019. They aren't gonna sign double digit premium free agents..but they will be very active w. very little limitations

FJF likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

Cameron Wake is a free agent. Old but can still get after the QB. Maybe he comes along on a 1 or 2 year deal to provide some pass rush?

10. ColoradoContrails

Seems pretty old. Do you think he has 1-2 years of quality left?

11. BrowningNagle

Idk. we might have to cross him off the list anyway. I see where he was asked if Gase should be brought back and he declined to answer lol

I have another suggestion though. More of a "big fish." Robert Quinn played for Gase last year and had a bit of a down year by his standards. He used to crush it in Gregg Williams defense back with the Rams though. He's due $12 mill by March. Maybe the Fish let him go and he gets reunited here. That's a better dream than Wake anyway

#51 BrowningNagle, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Attackett and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Oh fuck yes. PLEASE

13. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Again--are you serious?

Everyone in the world INCLUDING Mac knows that Bell is a pain in the ass and that Gase has a reputation for not getting along with some players.

You don't think they are cognizant of it?

Seriously?

14. BrowningNagle

Why does it matter who is OC anyway? Gase is gonna be the guy calling the plays and designing the offense. This guy will be his assistant and work on gameplans. You don't think he can do that?

Mogriffjr and FJF like this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

You're exhausting sometimes man. When you disagree with someone you ask 17 sarcastic questions per post and it's hard to want to reply.

Let's leave it at we agree to disagree. That's ok to do.

barfolomew likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

Every team he's been to has been worse the year he got there and better after he left. This morning Ben Allbright from NFL Network reported he's viewed as a joke around the league. Bears fans are thrilled Trubisky got away from him. Do you want this guy anywhere near the building, let alone gameplanning?

17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

No seriously--if everyone in the world realizes they are both assholes--you don't think Mac knew that? You don't think Gase has a view on a fellow asshole?

You can agree or disagree that we should or shouldn't sign Bell based upon oil and water with Gase but to suggest they don't see it as a potential issue is just being silly.

EVERYONE knows it.

Do you think they have no idea it might not be a smart idea to trade for AB?

18. BrowningNagle

ben albright lol? oooooooh

Attackett and apjbfc like this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

Guy may be a brilliant offensive mind but I just can't get over seeing Patton Oswalt on the sideline.

20. BroadwayAaron

What a gimmick you have going here. I don't know how I'm supposed to seriously answer knowing that you're going to come back with a million passive aggressive questions that you obviously know the answer to but want to ask in an attempt to belittle the person you're responding to.

Last response to this garbage: no shit Macc is aware of Gase being an asshole. I don't know that they think it's as big a deal as it probably is when it comes to Bell considering the type of guy he is. That's all.

barfolomew likes this.