Ideal Scenario for Offensive Makeover

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 11, 2019.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

At least we can move away from this zone blocking scheme that no one on our OL was able to fully adapt to.

Maybe changing back to personal assignments will immediately improve the OL play even if we keep the same people.

barfolomew likes this.
  2. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

1. Bring in a new starting Center. Draft OL and if they're good enough to start, great.
    2. Bring in a couple WR's(1 FA and 1 drafted), and hope the current top 2 stay healthy
    3. Bring in a new RB. I dont love the idea Bell, but if you're dead set against Hunt, you should try to sign him.
    4. Pray Darnold continues to improve.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Am I supposed to ignore the players he ran out of town, the ones that spoke out against him, the ones that were going to request a trade if he wasn't fired? I'm not going to. You just listed a bunch of guys that either didn't play for Gase or never played for Gase, the head coach. I'm glad he's not viewed as a total bum, like the OC he wants to bring, but you'll have to forgive me for thinking a guy who got lambasted by his former players is a bad look for a team that hires him as a head coach and has $100 mil to spend.

Exactly. There's absolutely no draw to Adam Gase unless you're a QB. Everything about his Dolphins tenure screams "stay away" to potential signees.

Ralebird and Noam like this.
  4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Let me fancy you this.

Do you guys believe Macc brought up Bell to Gase? In the sense that Macc is going to want to target him in FA, and would that be a player he'd like aboard.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Absolutely.

If you want to be a competent GM, you have to discuss all potential assets available. Nowadays, if I were GM, I'd have people drawing up courses for action in response to implausible things actually happening.

For example, the LA Rams put a health Gurley on the block. How am I responding? I'd have all of these scenarios thought out just in case.

6. BroadwayAaron

Yes. But I don't think Macc or Gase are aware of Gase's image.

barfolomew likes this.
  7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'd offer them Leonard Williams.

See if they bite.

Sounds like they're ready to move on from Brown.

Question is would they be willing to pay Williams $14.2 million salary for 2019? Would anyone? LOL

8. Of course we're not supposed to ignore it. It's a concern. But are we supposed to ignore things stated to the contrary or the context of some of those happenings? Don't you think the media would LOVE to kill Gase & the Jets if he truly was Kelly or Petrino Jr down in Miami? They all keep saying it was overblown, was just a few players & its been suggested these were players who were speaking selfishly as it pertained to their situations(IE they weren't playing). Even the quote about him "Moving away from the run" sounds like something RB's say in retrospect almost constantly. There was also an article with quotes from players who LIKED Gase & believed in what he was building.Are we supposed to ignore all that? Doesn't it work both ways?

I'm not trying to sell anyone on Gase being this vastly misunderstood humanitarian. I think his personality & player relations bares watching. But don't ya think there's some middle ground here that makes "No one respects him..no free agents are gonna here" sound just a bit bias & unreasonable.

dawinner127 likes this.
  9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Jeff Darlington said Gase didn't lose the locker room, but 3-4 guys didn't care for him. Sounds like any locker room that loses. Nothing to see here.

Dom, apjbfc, FJF and 2 others like this.
  10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

That video of Gase addressing the media was pretty bad. Arrogant, immature and he looked like a huge asshole. Only one day and we should not be judged on our worst day but there are some big red flags on this guy.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Gosh I would hope Macc is.

12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I figure the Browns will resign him but if not I'd love Breshad Perriman.

13. Rollo Tomassi

I get that we have the worst owners and GM in the history of history and are monumentally clueless and posters here on TGG could do a better job.

But are you seriously suggesting that MAC has no idea of the chatter surrounding Gase's image?

That he has NO idea that he had issues with some guys in the locker room and a few guys trashed him going out the door and that he has some difficulty playing nice with the media?

No idea?

They just missed that part?

14. BroadwayAaron

I'm talking about in regards to Bell. If you hire Gase I don't think you can really expect to sign Bell. I don't think Macc realizes that part.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Money talks. Big fat juicy fully guaranteed contracts. Wouldn't put it past Mac. :eek:

16. Rollo Tomassi

According to reports, they specifically discussed free agents and types of players he would draft.

Considering Bell has been linked to the Jets for months now and is the highest profile FA, I can't imagine they didn't discuss him.

17. BroadwayAaron

Yes, I know that. I'm saying I think they DID discuss signing Bell and that I don't think anyone in the room is cognizant of the fact that Bell and Gase are water and oil, on the surface.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You've been on fire the past week with all your hot takes. So please continue, why does the Gase hire mean you cant really expect to sign Bell?

apjbfc and FJF like this.
  19. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Most players care about $$$ first by a longshot and location 2nd

Dom and BrowningNagle like this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

Luckily for you there's no way to factually prove that what you're saying is wrong here.

But in my opinion, if you hire a coach that players didn't like playing for, a running back specifically, and when you look at the way Gase totally misused his running backs, and you look at what other options Bell may have, and you look at the kind of personality that Bell is... nevermind. You're just going to respond with something snarky implying that whatever I'm saying has no chance of being true and that it's a hot take and blah blah blah.