Coordinators?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenfiendNYJ, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Looks like we are switching to a 4-3 D as both Vance Joseph & Gregg Williams , who have been mentioned as possibilities, favor that scheme.

Personally i'm hoping for Williams , as his smash mouth style would give this team a real identity... I think he's the kick in the ass the D needs.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Staunchly agree. I mentioned it in another thread that Boyer is pretty much the only guy I want retained, and that the STs play was the absolute shocker and surprise of the year. They looked like garbage at first, but hopefully the turnaround doesn't go unnoticed. Knowing the Jets, he'll be the first guy they fire after Bowles.

3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

My perception of the Vilma situation was that when NYJ changed to 3-4, Vilma was getting blocked to often. For whatever reason, his tackles were way down. Finally David Harris is started and he gets like 18 tackles in first game. Vilma traded to 4-3 scheme team and kicks ass again.

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I hate changing schemes again for that reason. If we went to 4-3 I suppose we can move Leonard inside with Mclendon, but we would need a pass rushing defensive end. For linebackers I assume Williamson would play the middle and Lee and Jenkins would be outside. I just don’t want us drafting like Quennen Williams because we need a guy they need to draft to fit our new scheme.

5. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

But what you're saying doesn't make sense because he wanted to play for Parcells and the Jets in NY, but it was Parcells that wouldn't commit to him.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Either way we need a rush end/edge. Just a matter of whether or not he puts his hand down. Bosa and Allen can do both I believe.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Nationwide is on YOUR side!

8. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Vance Joseph would still be an improvement over Rodgers. That guy was the worst playcaller the Jets have had, be it offense, defense, or specials. Every third down was cover zero. It didn't matter if it was 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 15+, the defense was going to let up the big play because Rodgers didn't help on the back end.

Could Joseph be that bad? Maybe, but I doubt that he'll be as bad in the same ways. I still wouldn't prefer Joseph because it looks like nepotism. All due respect to Gase and Joseph being buddies and what not, but hiring your friends didn't work out well for the last CS, or the Jets as an organization. So let's hire the best guy out there (Williams).

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Smash mouth style without the dumb penalties that the Jets have become known for already.

Jersey Joe 67 likes this.
  10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Another problem is Henry Anderson doesn’t play the 4-3 well. That’s why we got him from the Colts. Perhaps we just don’t resign him this year then.

11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I like Williams for DC, but if not him then Joseph. Either way, I like a former head coach as DC. I also like having a DC who coached a team which played/schemed against the jets in 2018. That new DC will then know the weak points of the 2018 jets, most likely that Darron Lee is too small for ILB and that a team can run right at him because he cannot get off blocks. Never a bad idea to hire former opposition, which I guess applies to Gase too.

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Loggains is interviewing for the Dolphins HC job.

ColoradoContrails and stinkyB like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It's a courtesy interview.

That's what you want to hear about the guy that's going to be your new OC!

GQMartin likes this.
  14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Dead.

15. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I did see a drunk guy attempt this after a game. It didn't work.

stinkyB likes this.
  16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I hear you on that but one hopes that the management has the foresight to have the pieces necessary. This said, I believe Lee is better suited to a 4-3 alignment as it will allow his speed to be better used (assuming he isn't a drug addict now) and I don't think Jenkins will be affected negatively.

From what I hear this year draft class is deep on the DL--it may be an ideal time to switch to 4-3.

I'm personally not sold on q. Williams but what do you have against him?

17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

our current personnel is better suited for a 4-3 than a 3-4, imo

tomdeb likes this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yea but there’s also this

19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Are they just going to tell whoever they hire as coach that they have to take Loggains as OC?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Parcells told him he would take but he was more than honest with him. Why would he limit his options just for Manning? Parcells could have been blown away with picks and players from another team. Or he could have taken Manning if he viewed that was the best option. Manning just didn't want to come to New York.