Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Totally agree SOJAZ. With the way that the board has reacted you would have thought Gase had shot Lincoln. Will he prove to be the right hire? Who knows? However, the forum's theatrics is quite funny to watch. To me, it seems that that Gase has some good quantities and some risk factors - like 95% of all coaching hires.

It just seems funny to me that many people are ready to believe anything negative about the guy and disregard anything positive.

JetBlue, KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  2. One eye

One eye Member

Brah, I'm very excited for this season.

Gase as HC means we will be aggressive on offense. You can see Darnold and him have similar passion/work ethic for the game.

Greg Williams to me is the top hire, not necessarily for his DEF, but because you know he's probably not getting a HC job, so it would bring some stability (at least coach wise lol) to that side of the ball.

People like to site history as proof of the future. That's not how it works. This Gase maneuver is very Bellichekian. He forced his way out of Miami to go to a rival with a better roster. Will it work out, who knows, but comparing this to Rex after he was jettisoned is a little much. This was an upgrade (young qb, 100 mill, etc), not a downgrade.

Yes, I said better roster, cause I think that's how bad Todd Bowles's coordinators were. Robby Anderson, Enunwa (when healthy), Kearse ALL underachieved and Burnett, who looked great in the last game, barely saw the field the whole year. Offensively, no one developed except Darnold.

And you can't tell me you are not excited to see a real OFFENSE for the first time in forever, no?

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What makes you think we are going to see a real offense? Gase hasn’t coached a good one since Peyton Manning had a career year.

barfolomew likes this.
  4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

geez looking at gregg williams he makes rex look like a choir boy. LOL.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Have they made the Gase contract perimeters public?

6. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

....and yet that is exactly what you have done in both posts attacking me.....you also have no FACT backing up your assertions, just your opinions based on shit you have read or heard around town. Phrases like "widely known that.." and "...became a scapegoat with the ever worsening upper management..." don't exactly qualify as facts.

And who gives a shit that you live in Miami. I live in New Jersey but that doesn't mean that I know everything that is the gospel truth about the Jets, so I doubt that living in Miami makes you the undisputed expert on the Fins either. So yes, I am taking things that I have read and basing my opinions off of them. Big suprise there. I can't speak in undisputed facts (and neither can you by the way) since I don't work for the Jets and I am not privy to those conversations directly. So again, I have to base my opinions on what I read. Again, big suprise.

So get off your high horse. And I really could give a shit less if you agree with me or not .

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Sounds good!

You're still spewing bullshit. I can see that very clearly from up on my high horse

#967 Falco21, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  8. Falco21

I should quote this every time this thread moves to a new page, just so people can keep reading it.

Great post Kurt!

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's like a psychological/emotional thing. They wanted a certain guy, for whatever reason, and it hurts their feelings that the choice wasn't him. It's weird

Attackett and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  10. Falco21

So they start nit picking every negative detail on the world wide web. Yup. It's exhausting and very frustrating to read.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Has this hire gone OFFICIAL yet? Don't know that I've seen that word as of yet.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is exactly what you want to hear about the guy that's going to be the OC of your favorite team:

Re: the awful Miami OC that's getting a courtesy interview from Miami today.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think it did last night Rocky. They signed on the dotted line late last night per the twitter experts. But it did take awhile

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  14. rockyusmc2003

Thanks, I must have missed it. Feel like it's taking a bit to get going. But if they did, here we go!

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Jets won’t announce until his staff is finalized I’m assuming

16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'd respect Gase out the gate if he doesn't bring this dude along with him.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Hey guys! I finally know why we hired Gase and Loggains.....we have assembled the modern day Abbot and Costello! How innovative!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. rockyusmc2003

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i jokingly posted 2 days ago that maybe he'll pull a josh mcdaniel. wouldn't that be something!!

more than likely just ironing out benefits and allowances.

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

They are probably making him take intensive media remediation classes before he deals with the press conference.