Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Wow I can not believe I read thorough this entire thread ( I did take a break though). All this hostility and negativity. I had to LOL with some of these comments but their your opinions. To say I was surprised but this selection is an understatement but unlike a lot of folks that have posted, I am will to give the guy the benefit of the doubt...

All this speculation about third choice, politics, even one poster saying Boomer never called Johnson (I mean how the F does he know?), etc. Not one of you knows what transpired during these interviews, what was said, what questions were asked and who responded the best. Not one of you and that includes me.

What I read was a fan base that was disappointed and upset. But attacking management for trying to get this team moving in the right direction is ridiculous. Sometimes decisions don't work out... True the Jets have had there fair share of blunders but no on and I me no can predict what will happen next year/ …...Will this work, not sure, but I do know what wasn't working so sit back and try to enjoy.

PS. all the posters who said they are leaving I say good bye and thanks for your support but don't let the door hit you in the ass. Go root for another team as some of you stated and I will continue to root for my team no matter how things play out or how disappointed I maybe... they are my team.

MoWilkBeast, FJF, johnny and 2 others like this.
  2. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

After several more legitimate replies than I figured I'd get... at least it landed with this guy:

That said, I like the Gase hire. [ducks]

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Dude is 40 with 18 years experience in scouting/ coaching, that’s pretty remarkable.

With more and more stuff coming out refuting his losing the locker room and being hated by his players, what exactly about him has caused such an emotional uproar on here?

4. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

First overall, the worst hire ever, I think the guy went 20 games w/o 1st drive td. Offensive coach whose teams were always in the bottom of the league in points scored in Miami. The guys traded away their best rb to philly because he did not like him. The dolphins best receiver Landry trashed Gase, There is not one player in Miami that he developed. The guy that ran and scored the Miami Miracle named Drake was in Adams doghouse both before and after the score,This is the guy that thought Cutler could save a season at 10 million Jordan Phillips cut because of Gase . His road record was like 1-15 over the last two yrs. His o-line coach was fired for using coke in his office.
    Or Robbie Anderson

barfolomew likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You're a great poster, man. Seriously.

..and, you're right. You are.

I just literally, can't shake this anger in the pit of my stomach with this hire. After everything we've been through as fans. I'm just at that point of absolute disgust and hopelessness with this team.

It just doesnt appear we will ever be a "dynasty" level team until we actually get a competent owner at the top. I have hoped for the best, every year, in between this ugly playoff draught and the overall history of the Jets.

I just refuse to be a culpable fan anymore. Shit just keeps repeating itself. Over and Over.

That is the definition of insanity and the only people I can point to at this point, is the men at the top of it all.

I dont believe Bowles was exceptional or great as a HC, however, I dont think he really stood a chance to succeed either under the incompetence at the top.

I'm tired of blaming coaches for the nonsense we see year after year.

Onviously they have contributed but when you look at the overall problem, it just seems so obvious to me.

I've lost patience.

All we want as fans, is winners. Consistent winners. Not many teams and fans deserve it more than us.

You did make me feel a lot better and I appreciate that, more than you know.

Kudos, my friend.

7. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Your better argument is that the information coming out today from the Packers CEO makes McCarthy look like a less desirable candidate than he appeared yesterday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...placency-had-infected-the-football-operation/

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Now it's "officially official" that the Jets are the dumbest franchise in sports.

NYJetsO12 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  9. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

This is my favorite running Jets subplot. A lot of media guys like Sam, but Romo (one of the very few who I enjoy listening to talk about football) absolutely LOVES him and has from the jump.

10. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Ok, its official. So, I'm done being pissed off about this. Time to stress about free agency. Go Jets.

MoWilkBeast, FJF, LAJet and 1 other person like this.
  11. Attackett

I’m not trying to make an argument. One thing I’ve learned throughout my many many years on this board is everyone just loves to be miserable, no matter what.

I don’t think this info on McCarthy changes anything as people will just choose to ignore it and go with the narrative of only the Jets can pass on a SB winning HC while ignoring the obvious of McCarthy has his own warts that clearly did not make him a very desirable candidate.

bicketybam and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  12. Attackett

Have you been paying attention to some of these other HC hires?

Think everyone just has to accept the fact that this wasn’t a very good hiring cycle as most said before the process even started.

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This is why I've decided to limit my posting on this topic. I feel exactly the same way, but I know with some time I'll get some perspective. But right now I don't want that perspective I want to vent.

With that, I''ll post this link which I think is a fairly balanced POV FWIW:

https://nypost.com/2019/01/10/one-legitimate-adam-gase-concern-amid-the-mass-panic/

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Gase is being talked about like he is some kind of legend...His resume is similar to Todd Bowles.Both went 10-6 there first two seasons then had 2 losing seasons in a row (Bowles had 3)and got fired.My prediction is Gase and Macc both get fired after a disasterous 2-14 season.

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yes, certain football coaches. Bowles certainly made continuous bad decisions and had a horrible impact on the Jets. Baseball managers make a lot of decisions in game and especially in extra innings. Do you walk this guy, squeeze play, steal 2nd or 3rd, pinch hitters, infield in. Davey Johnson the old Mets manager did something I've never seen and haven't seen since. He lost some key players in the game due to a fight. So he played his two relievers in the outfield. One Roger McDowell came in from the outfield to pitch to right handers and Jesse Orosco would come in from right field and pitch to left handers. Lots of strategy in baseball.

16. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

4. Very good chance he'll be better than Kotite.

legler82 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Does the guy understand, or know what the best is

barfolomew likes this.
  18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

A-fucking-men.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Players who played under Gase are all coming out saying great things about him. Here's Alshon Jeffrey:

Dom and bicketybam like this.
  20. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

It's only been 45 years since Miami won the Super Bowl, so how can anything go wrong with the Jets hiring one of the Fins rejects? I'm surprised they weren't able to convince Shula to come out of retirement.

NYJetsO12 and Catfish Billy like this.