Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

It's a nice blueprint to follow also. It would have given the Jets some breathing room if they hired McCarthy. He would have had some time to get Darnold up and running. Gase will not have that opportunity. He will be under the microscope from here on out. 2 losses in a row. The back pages will be saying the Jets got it wrong again. Darnold regressing Gase, not the guru the Jets thought he was. He has no idea what he is walking into. Another thing about McCarthy he wanted the job. Belichick, Groh, Edwards they didn't want to be here.

ColoradoContrails and barfolomew like this.
  2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I wasn't questioning your posts or opinions.

You put someone else's opinions out there as some type of evidence that this hire was an SOJ move.

All it did was show the guy is an SOJ. Nothing more, nothing less.

We're all just giving our opinions--I wouldn't put up anyone else's opinion here as anything more than that--an opinion.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

It's hard to win the superbowl. He's done it. I wonder how many superbowl winning coaches have even gone to different teams so that may affect that stat. If you take into account every single detail you will see the trees and miss the forest. There are details that are more important than others. McCarthy has has sustained success that single detail is more important to me than almost all the others, except perhaps the detail that he helped to resurrect Favre and develop Rodgers.

You may not have said this but a lot of people have, they are more comfortable with the Gase hire due to Peyton Manning's endorsement. Well McCarthy got Favre's endorsement, and those two are essentially equals at QB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I agree it’s meaningless but i’m not the one that said it’s a the best indicator for future success

It’s definitley part of the equation, but you have to dig much deeper than that

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

https://megaphone.link/ADV4975766193 - Episode 213 – Meet the Candidates: Adam Gase
    Scott Mason talks to Locked On Dolphins host Travis Wingfield about the head coaching candidacy of former Miami Dolphins head coach Adam Gase.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why pick just three years? Let's look at what they both did the ten years before that?

barfolomew likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No, I said he hit the nail on the head, that I agreed with him, didn't offer it as "evidence". Agree or don't, doesn't matter to me.

barfolomew likes this.
  8. King Koopa

I’m not taking the Super Bowl away from him, it’s a nice accomplishment and good for McCarthy...I just don’t put too much stock into it because it is my belief that Rodgers is the primary reason for success. My evidence is that every time he went down to injury the Packers collapsed.

I just wanted to hear what McCarthy could bring to us instead of people resting on a Super Bowl win from an NFL that is completely different to the present day league

The most recent work of McCarthy has been pretty brutal to be honest

LeonNYJ likes this.
  9. boozer32

McCarthy has a ring and that is what all Jets fans want. Now he might not have gotten another one with the Jets but that is what we want around here...winners. Guys that have run successful programs. In Gase we are getting none of that. Problems with personnel, offensive scheme issues. This guy is a hot mess and he hasn't even had a press conference. If McCarthy wasn't the choice we could have gotten Caldwell, Monken. Maybe this guy was cheaper I don't know. But this is a baffling choice

10. barfolomew

I understand your point. Lets say it's a wash between him winning the SB and his recent records.

I would still want McCarthy because his QB development work is excellent. Favre was rehabilitated by him. That might be too strong a word but I think you know what I'm getting at. And Rodgers was developed by him. I was so confident for Sam that McCarthy could help lead him to greatness. I mean it when I say greatness. I think our team and Sam could have done amazing things with McCarthy.

boozer32 and King Koopa like this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

They are waiting untill Joe Cortez or Mills Lane are available to ref the press conference.o_O

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

CBG likes this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

So he expressed your exact opinion more eloquently.

Why didn't you just say that?

He sounds to me like some SOJ calling everything the Jets do as SOJ.

I don't necessarily disagree with some of what he said but in totality it just sounds like so much whining.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Tebow? The baseball player?

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

yeah.. that Tebow..

16. King Koopa

If we hired McCarthy I would have been hopeful for the same reasons, but I’m not even sure that Gase isnt a better coach QB coach man to man

Favre and Rodgers are unique talents and the rest of the Packers QBs have never developed whenever Rodgers was out...You gotta give him credit, but how much?

17. boozer32

Me too Barfolomew. I was expecting the story to break soon that the Jets have hired McCarthy. Because many coaches were getting hired and the Jets might have lost out. They could have hired McCarthy and got Gase as OC. Some people are just not leaders and Gase seems like he falls into that category.

ColoradoContrails and barfolomew like this.
  18. Mccarthy is one thing..i was on board w that just as well..but he was far from a sure thing. we need to stop being Naive to that.There was risk involved w him as well as every other candidate.

I have a hard time believing fans wouldve been happier w Jim Callahan & perhaps happier w Monken but for the wrong reasons (unknown quantity= no known warts) which would be another instance of OJT

Other than Mccarthy who appears to have never been in the running after whatever transpired in his interview..what other candidate checked all the boxes like Gase did?

Folks wanted to that moment of false bravado of thinking the savior had arrived.see “magic mike” “Sanchise” “mangenius”. I guess mccarthy wouldve brought that.But personally i dont want to let these idiots off the hook by making one crowd pleasing hire..org doesnt do well when pressure is off. Let them sweat bullets & realize 2019 is win at all costs.

boozer32 likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

20. barfolomew

I don't know how much, but I would have trusted him more than I do Gase.