Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The thing about McCarthy is that he had one of the best QBs of this generation and only had one SB appearance (almost a decade ago). Additionally, he also missed the playoffs the past two seasons with the same generational talent at QB. I understand that people place high regard to someone who has won a Super Bowl, but a lot changes in a decade. If he had one that SB in the past few years I'd put more weight to it than one he won 9 years ago and hasn't made a SB appearance since.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. Or wins. McCarthy has so many wins but also had Aaron Rodgers. Gase is (23-25) but had Tannehill, Moore, Cutler and Osweiler. It is more complicated than just Wins and Losses.

3. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

Well my ex cheated on me at New Years, so it's good to know that at the very least the Jets still want to fuck me in 2019.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

barfolomew likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Does working with a HOF QB in his later years really make him more likely to develop Darnold than the HC who developed Rodgers? And the Jets brass has shown time and time again that they will mess up. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt now IMO.

5. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Our team is a graveyard for QB prospects. I really think Sanchez could have been good for the long term if he went to another team. Pennington was the last solid QB we've had and we didn't do much with him. All dink and dunk bullshit. If we had gotten McCarthy I would have been confident for Sam, now I'm not.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well, if you haven't yet read this, you should:

https://www.ganggreennation.com/201...ts-on-the-jets-hiring-adam-gase-as-head-coach

It really sums up why this Gase hiring smacks of the SOJ way of doing things. And he makes a great point: so often over the years the Jets management/ownership have made some REALLY BAD decisions that even most of the fans knew in advance were bad, and yet they went ahead anyway. This seems like another one of those times. It seems to me that Chris and Macc couldn't agree and in the end Gase was the compromise.

In all seriousness, most of the regular posters on this forum would easily do a better job than Johnson and his "brain trust".

7. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Good article, thank you for posting.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. LeonNYJ

Probably not. But let's also remember that Rodgers has been their starter for over a decade now. Has GB developed any backup QBs who have left to become starters elsewhere since? Matt Flynn? lol. I know that teams typically won't waste high picks or as much development time on guys that are not supposed to be starters... but the point is that like McCarthy's SB record, he has no recent history of developing QBs or winning the SB. The past 5 years are nothing too special for McCarthy especially when Aaron Rodgers is your QB.

#788 LeonNYJ, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thats a great read and on the money!

ColoradoContrails and barfolomew like this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No, I would say helping Tebow, Tannehill, and Cutler improve is actually more impressive than coaching Manning. Coaching Manning is great though. I was not in the meetings, but from the outside, I would have went with McCarthy.

6-10 once again and barfolomew like this.
  11. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

the NFL is not for you, if moral standards are important

12. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.
    I'm all for giving kids second chances, don't give a shit if they smoke pot, fuck Instagram hookers, or get caught jerking off in a Walmart parking lot high on synthetic weed.
    Paying a player to intentionally injure another is completely fucked, and adding a bonus to end their career is criminal. Only a complete scumbag would be ok with it.

#792 TonyFtLaud, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  13. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I think it's highly biased. The reason to hire Gase is he is a young bright offensive mind like all the other hot shots that have zero head coaching experience and huge potential upside. The fact that he has 3 years as an NFL head coach puts him miles ahead of the other young hot shot potential head coaches.

Trying to box in Gase based on 3 years with Tannenhil missing half his starts isn't fair to Gase. The reality is there were a lot of teams looking for a head coach and right now Gase has a resume as good or better as any that have been hired.

15. LeonNYJ

Can't really fault Gase for Tannehill. He coached the Dolphins for t hree years... that means 48 games. Of those, Tannehill played in 24. So your supposed franchise QB plays in 50% of the games you coach and you expect something good? Take just about any NFL team and have them miss their QB for 50% of the games over 3 seasons and see how they fare.

16. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

I personally think you are going a bit overboard with the stance, but to each their own... but where do u draw the line...is it OK for Sheldon to do 120mph w/ a kid in the car, countless others to beat their girls? Just saying this is far from a league filled w/ choir boys.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Mehta can't even get his lies straight. If it's a giant myth that he did not lose the Dolphins locker room it means he did lose the Dolphins locker room.

barfolomew likes this.
  18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

That article should be sticky thread on its own. Even better, tape it to Chris Johnson’s fucking forehead.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Last offensive minded HC hired by Jets was Rich Kotite. Last HC hired by Jets with previous HCing experience was Bill Parcells.

Please explain how in the world is hiring an offensive minded HC with previous HC experience the SOJ way of doing things??

LeonNYJ and Biggs like this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Not ok with any of it honestly.
    Sheldon fortunately didn't hurt anyone.
    Guys who beat women, children should receive a lifetime ban, though it's not likely premeditated.
    I personally feel that paying someone to intentionally injure another is despicable and should carry a lifetime ban.
    He didn't say play through the wistle, hit him hard.
    Target his head, take out his MCL, different level completely