Optimistic Look at Adam Gase

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 9, 2019.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It's no secret I hate the Gase hire. Had a bad feeling it would be him.
    Watched every drop back from his 3 years in Miami and can not find one remotely creative play. Looks very much like a Bates led offense. Posted a few game clips on the Adam Gase thread. Really hoping my sight is skewed by my dislike of the Hire and someone can show me a sign of hope.
    This was the most important hire in 50 years, young franchise QB on his rookie deal. Could not afford to screw it up. McCarthy has Developed 2 excellent QBs, Gase none. I'm hoping the light finally turns on and he becomes a QB wisperer and innovative play caller.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'm really trying to like this hire.... I'm thinking it's gonna depend on how this defense can improve with a great DC hire.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

I expect Vance Joseph to be the DC. He has 1 year as DC back in 16 , ranked 24, Miami was 20 and 19 the 2 years prior so I don't see greatness. He was a DB coach for about 15 years prior so hopefully he can get something out of Johnson and whoever else we end up retaining/ signing.

#43 TonyFtLaud, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  4. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Everyone seems to be so down on this Gase hiring, but there is so much to love about this guy from what I am reading:

1. He was fired by a mediocre franchise that hasn’t had any success in an eon.
    2. He is an asshole.
    3. He is a disciplinarian who doesn’t so much inspire his players as he bends them to his will.
    4. He is (supposedly) a very talented offensive mind.

Guys, this is our Bill Bellicheck!*. Everything is the same, except Bellicheck is a defensive guru of course. So sit back and relax. We now have our very own guru who is an uninspiring-asshole-disiplicanrian whose on HC experience ended up getting him run out of a mediocre job. I am already booking my Super Bowl tickets.

*-Well, not the Bill Bellicheck we got.... the one the Patriots got.

5. TonyFtLaud

No
    Not at all.
    Reshad Jones pulled himself from the Jets game after the third defensive series vs the Jets because he didn't like the rotation. After the Game Gase was asked why he didn't play, Gase replied, are you serious? He wasn't playing. Jones asked why responded,I didn't like the rotation so I decided to sit out the Game. Next day Gase announced Jones would be playing the next game and his coaches have to communicate better and Jones should have been asked about the Rotation in the beginning of the week. So a player just decides to sit out and Gase blames the coaches, no discipline for the player though.

6. TonyFtLaud

Your right on points 1&2. Way off on everything else.

7. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Well, it’s a joke.... but no, I am not saying that Bill Bellicheck is an offensive guru, I am saying that we have gotten ‘a guru’. I even said that later in the post.

Btw, if you recall when B.B. was hired by the Pats, he didn’t have the reputation he has now. Players didn’t like him and often didn’t buy into his ‘system’ when he was in Cleveland/Baltimore.

Man, explaining a joke really ruins is dude....

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I love that everyone hates this.

Going to be sweet when we win with him.

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

2021 rebuild cannot get here soon enough.

mangini was the only coach that made me not want to watch the Jets. Gase could be even worse.

rickjet, ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  10. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

The best thing I can say about this hire is that at least his QBs liked him. Tanneyhill also had good things to say after Gase was fired

Hope it works out, but I’d love to know what the issue was with McCarthy

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If he comes here and wins I'll be happy to be wrong, I this is just the last guy I wanted in here.

stinkyB likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Real profile in leadership here..

13. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

This is the Jetsiest hire imaginable

Bravo, Johnson nutsacks for failing again and again

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Joseph will be good for this defense. He always plays aggressive man to man which is what this defense desperately needs. No more bullshit like giving receivers 10 yards cushion.

He is also flexible with his front 7 alignment depending on personnel so it won't be like some massive change that takes time to succeed. His defense was good in Miami. It's a modern style defense predicated on being aggressive and creating turnovers

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think folks are being drama queens. Gase might do well here. The media kisses Miami's owner's ass for some reason and Gase didn't get along with him so they make Gase out to be the problem. Coaches also learn from their first stop. At least we have a coach that won't be making rookie mistakes every week. Getting back to just coaching the team and not worrying about roster personnel and contracts might be good for Gase as well.

I also have to laugh at all the crying about him being a "prick" or whatever. I'm glad he's a prick. A hard ass coach with some discipline is what this team needs

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Amen

17. TonyFtLaud

We will see. His D was ranked 24th overall his 1 year as a DC, 17 in PPG. 26th against the pass 9th vs the run. Not exactly great.
    I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic but just haven't found it in me yet.
    I really had hopes this hire would turn things around. All I'm seeing is a flash year 1 followed by mediocrity.
    I really do hope to be proven wrong. Not much would make me happier.

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

Your confusing being a prick with being a Disciplinarian. There was a serious lack of discipline in Miami.
    Something the Jets desprately need.

#58 TonyFtLaud, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    NYJetsO12 and stinkyB like this.
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sounds like he'll fit right in...

NYJetsO12, FJF and TonyFtLaud like this.
  20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It appears to me that they tased you, bro. I keep vacillating between I can't believe this hire and I totally believe this hire. I feel like calling the Jets ticket office and pranking them. In fact, I will! Anyone else want the number? You do? Sure! It's (800) 469-5387!