New Stadium : Photos ~ ~ ~

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Dec 8, 2006.

1. kelly

kelly Banned

2. iLoveJets

iLoveJets New Member

ewwww it looks too plain. The WSS looked 100 times better than this

3. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

It would look much better in Queens

4. allan1

allan1 Active Member

I like it, it's not some super sterile futuristic space ship like the disasters in Arizona and Chicago. This is a FOOTBALL STADIUM.

5. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

I like it. It's nice and simple, like allan said, most of the new stadiums look more like convention halls than football stadiums. And I'm so happy they're not going with a dome or retractable roof.

Where the hell are they gonna play while this thing is getting built?

6. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Still in Giants stadium I guess, then when the new stadium is ready they'll do as quick a demolition as possible of the old place..

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

I hate the shared stadium idea.
    I like that iys still the same location.
    I like that there is tailgating.
    I hope there is no PSL.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That's correct. The new stadium is being constructed in the parking lot next to Giants Stadium (that should making hunting for a parking spot fun for the next 3 seasons).

Then, probably in the Spring of 2010 when the new stadium is almost ready, they'll demo Giants stadium and make that a parking lot.

9. MikeTheJetsFan

I hate to do this, but I'm posting because I'm one away from being allowed to view links. Please don't take this as spam. I love reading the boards and keeping up with the Jets, but it's annoying that I cannot see the pics.

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

so you missed the photo of murrell is his bridemaid dress????

11. Section 227. Row 5

In the second drawing from the left in the top row it shows three small "Tailgating Zones." They look miniscule.

I'm wondering WTF this is all about. It shows a huge parking area and then these 3 little designated "Tailgaiting Zones." I hope they don't really think people are gonna park their car and walk 3 miles to some small "zone" to tailgate in. The real world is gonna be, the fans will just park and party right where they are. And it'll take the NJ National Guard running around with fixed bayonets to stop 85,000 people from doing that, so I hope they know these three little "zones" aren't gonna be taken very seriously.

12. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Someone please explain to me why this thing is going to cost a billion dollars. I know restaraunts and shops blah blah blah. But there are 7 star utlra luxury hotels that were cheaper than this. I thought we were getting a state of the art glass and steel staduim.

13. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

SO glad its staying in nj thats all that matters to me. tailgating is here to stay

14. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

During the Demo of Giants staduim, do you think they will finally find that body of some guy ( i forgot his name ). They was a myth that there is a body hidden somewhere in Giants stadium

15. Section 227. Row 5

It started out at 800 Million. This is when Cody was "acting" Governor and the project had to be sold to the public. After that, estimates his 1 Billion and now they're talking 1.2 Billion.

True, it's larger than the one originally proposed, but not 50% larger! Then again, this will all have to be built with expensive union workers and we're talking three years out. I can see the thing topping 1.5 Billion by the time it's all over.

16. Jetspride

Jetspride New Member

I just hope everything will be equally divided, ya know how that big blue, big green thing goes...

17. Section 227. Row 5

Jimmy Hoffa.

18. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

I see. And to asnwer the guy a few posts back people rumored that Hoffa was burried in Giants stadium.

19. Section 227. Row 5

For years that has been the rumor. Some even specifically claimed he's under the eastern end zone.

Actually, this is probably not the case. It would have been far too visible a spot to dump the body... to much of a chance of somebody seeing something... night security watchmen, etc., .. too many witnesses.

I don't even think Hoffa disppeared in NJ. He was in Ohio, I think, and went to a luncheon at a restaurant. It was a setup, supposedly, because he never returned from the lunch and was never seen again. The movie speculates he was whacked in the parking lot and his own guys gave him up. He's probably still in Ohio along some deserted stretch of hunting trail out in the woods somewhere.

20. Section 227. Row 5

I was wrong, he disappeared in Michigan:

Is Jimmy Hoffa Buried in Giants Stadium?

TV's "Mythbusters" Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman left an urban legend standing ? or rather lying ? when they failed to prove one way or the other whether murdered Teamster boss James R. Hoffa is buried in Giants Stadium.

Hoffa disappeared from a restaurant parking lot in Oakland County, Michigan in 1975 and was declared dead in 1983, but his body has never been found. Urban folklore has located the remains in Giants Stadium, the Florida Everglades, a New Jersey landfill, a Central Sanitation shredder, and buried in cement beneath various freeways, bridges and buildings from Michigan to New York.

Back in Giants Stadium, Savage and Hyneman admitted their results were inconclusive because they weren't able to check every possible location in the time alotted. Footage of the investigation will air next month on the Discovery Channel. (Via Associated Press)