Todd Monken Interview completed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

This needs to be our next HC. Best case for us, best case for Sam. Let's optimize the potential of our young QB and move forward with the changes of the NFL, not backward (paging Mike McCarthy).

Maybe a a pairing with Greg Williams or Vance Joseph.

Jet^

2. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

And here I thought all the extraneous coaching threads were going to be going AWAY...

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I will allow this.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  5. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I know right, we just got of the KK thread now this. Ugh

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I still think we should give Mcarthy a shot i feel like with the right roster moves and him at the helm we will be back in the playoffs next year.

AJW and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This is my hope too ... pairing him with Williams as DC would be great.
    I'm praying we don't make a mistake and hire Gase simply because he's got "experience"... this guy's got a great resume.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  8. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Awww poor you

9. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

I hope he’s the guy but we never hire or draft anyone I want except Devin Smith and we all know how that turned out

K'OB, PJ4Ever and boozer32 like this.
  10. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I'm starting another coaching thread just in case there's anything else we need to discuss!

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No way.. We need someone that's gonna take several years to assemble a competent staff and learn how to be a successful HC in the NFL if we're lucky. Since we've haven't won in 50 years, there's no need to speed up the learning process. By all means, lets continue being the training platform for wannabe NFL coaches. Its worked out so far right?

Yeah, lets hire the guy with zero HC experience. That's what the Johnson owned Jets have always done and given the massive success we've had over the decades, there's really no reason to change now.

2025 or bust!

#11 Cman68, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  12. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Don't worry, this will be changed to "Todd Monken is Jets New HC" soon and save someone the trouble. I'm just using forward thinking.

Brook!, PJ4Ever and Noam like this.
  13. DarrelleRevis.Human?

On the bright side if we end up with McCarthy we only need Sam to turn into the best QB in the league and potentially the most talented ever, add an All Pro cast at WR, then sprinkle in a few Pro Bowlers on defense.
    Then, we might just barely win 1 SB and ruin the majority of Sam's prime with luck.

NCJetsfan, almbleamal and PJ4Ever like this.
  14. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I like Monken and McCarthy. Don't love either. No one I really loved this round of candidates. Stinks but cmon and get it done. Either one of the two.

NoodleArm, Kris 15 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. Cman68

Bigger Picture View... At least McCarthy could coach Macc as far as drafting NFL ready players that actually fit a scheme intead of blindly drafting BPA year in and year out. Hell, we might even have the nugget of a offensive personality/philosphy instead of winging it.

Its not just the HC, its the staff he assembles that makes the difference. That's a lesson Rex and Bowles never did really learn..In some instances, the staff is more important than the HC.

16. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Dude all the first time coaches we hire have success at first and then fade so I have no idea what you’re talking about if you’re going to assume the past = the future which it appears you’re doing? Jets fans need to stop living in the past.

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

Monken. What's the word? Well, The Year of the Monkey has come and gone. Now it's The Year of the Pig. Probably not good.

#17 jetophile, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Sam Hammer likes this.
  18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Coaches are being snatched up and no one knows what the Jets plan is. I'm in on McCarthy he checks a lot of boxes. The major one is winning a Super Bowl. He won in a storied franchise setting so he knows pressure. He has molded a star QB most of us thinks Darnold could be one for us. Hopefully the Jets taking their time will finally work out for us.

AJW, ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  19. Cman68

Talk to me in 30 years or so. You have no idea what I'm talking about because you haven't lived long enough. You're young. You have hope. The Jets haven't robbed you of your optimism. This will serve you well over the next 5 decades or so. Its been 50 years since the Jets have won the VLT. Its been 9 years since they made the AFCCG. Its been 8 years since they're made the playoffs at all. You're probably at an age where you can hang around another 10, 20, 30 years or more. I do not envy you.

Keep buying into the propaganda the Jet FO/PR machine puts out. This franchise has depended on this since 1969 and for the most part, it has worked. This FO/Ownership needs younger fans like you to stay loyal no matter what the results every year are. Again, if things run true to form, you'll become just another Jaded Jets Fan aka: SOJF.

BTW, wanna know why we exist? Because any SOJF has seen this movie play out over and over and over thru the decades. We know this team. We know how they operate. It no coincidence that the Johnsons haven't hired an HC with prior experience EVER. Its because Parcells told them NO and they never forgot that. Call it a grudge or whatever, but it is what it is.

Remind me.. Why did Chris Johnson state before interviews began he wasn't interested in giving up control to any incoming HC? This from the guy who's only claim to fame is being the brother of the guy who bought the team and nothing else. This is the guy who gave Macc and Blowes extensions in spite of the evidence of incompetence.

I am perfectly happy with leaving the "new" New York Jets to your generation to support/endure. I've paid my dues and I'm tapping out after 2020 unless these idiots get this shit right. I'm done.

God willing, by 2040 you'll be in a different place.

#19 Cman68, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    AJW, Benny the Jet, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  20. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

The longer this gets drawn out the better the chance is that they are waiting to hire a coach from a playoff team, Bieniemy or Richards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.