Who is the more effective Jets Beat Writer

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 4, 2019.

?

Who is the most knowledgeable Jets Beat Writer..

1. Manish Mehta

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. Rich Cimini

30 vote(s)
    56.6%
  3. Brian Costello

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. Steve Serby

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. PodCasts/Twitter Guys

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Anyone remember the "fake Steiny" thing re: Cimini? He says it wasn't him, but I dunno . . . I didn't use to mind Leberfeld when 'Jets Confidential' - the written, "newspaper" edition - used to actually be decent in the early 90s. I used to read it on the way to work on the train all the time.

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I don't remember that -- must have been when Rich was @ Newsday since Jerry S. was from Long Island. What was it ? Dick Steinberg-related ?

Leberfield doing online now ?

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Can't stand em...lol
    Anyone remember when the internet started beating Mike and the Mad Dog on breaking news how angry Fatty Mc fatfat would get?

So many of these guys are antiquated in their mindsets and just want to throw tidbits of nothing and they get away with it because of seniority or because there is zero accountability in the media these days.

BacktoQueens and FJF like this.
  4. jetophile

No, not Dick Steinberg related. Cimini reportedly started a fake twitter account over Jake Steinberg - who was only 18 years old at the the time - because he felt threatened and didn't like how much attention Steinberg was getting. Someone pinned Cimini out and he denied it.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/rich-cimini-caught-in-a-bizarre-controversy.75695/

EDIT: Oh, and of course you posted in there. So you're faking it playing dumb on it. Just sayin'.

#64 jetophile, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    BacktoQueens likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Rich cimini ladies and gentlemen .
    I knew the beat writers were on the board.

6. jetophile

Hahaha.

7. JetsKickAss

No, I didn't remember it -- it was 6 years ago and if you read my post (yes, I saw it) I commented more in general about Rich and other writers than on the Twitter controversey itself.
    I am no PC or social media expert and don't know anything about Twitter feeds, duplicate posting, RSS crap, etc. It's all Greek to me. FWIW, the most in-depth post on the site seems to believe Rich.

If Rich was going to go after anybody, it would be MM because Rich was/is close to Doug Marrone.

And who the heck is Jake Steinberg (who I guess is now in his mid-20's) back then that Rich or anybody was jealous of him ?

Maybe I'll take over the @Jake55 account ! :D

8. JetsKickAss

I'll take that as a compliment. :D

Again, hope some of you guys who have criticisms of Rich and other writers show up at any Pre-Draft thing that they have.

Am I the only one here to have attended those in recent years with Rich Cimini, Peter King, Gary Myers, etc ?

9. jetophile

Why is that bolded stuff in blue? Go Bills! This is so fake it's unreal. <== Word Play. The day that I sign up for any sort of social media is the day that I kill myself and I'm not trying to be a hermaphrodite dick but your your bullshit is showing a little as you're going commando.

10. jetophile

@JetsKickAss that was a little harsh of me. Have a blessed New Year . . . and send balloons from the Dollar Store to Rich Cimini on his birthday.

11. JetsKickAss

Ummm....boldface to highlight. Jeez....

The rest of your post is indecipherable. What BS ? Answer the question about who Jake Steinberg is/was.

Regardless, I think Rich is a good writer. And if you guys think not, call him on it.

12. JetsKickAss

Whatever....no apology necessary, but be careful with language or the Mods may penalize. :D

Rich is 1 year younger than me, but I haven't gotten baloons at the DS since my nieces grew up !

You guys would have liked the book signing at Foley's a few weeks ago...virtually all the current and ex NYDN and NYP writers were there for baseball and football (well, about 20 of them I'd say).

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

14. JetsKickAss

Yeah, I remember that. Well, he DID test positive. I guess you can get that information out to your readers without that word, but whatever....

Seems like only yesterday that happened. Ellis didn't amount to much. Too bad.