New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Green and white is done I think

abc likes this.
  2. abc

abc Well-Known Member

I see this change in uniform being a complete revamp in color & design... a total makeover like the Pats & Broncos had done... I just Hope it is done Exceptionally well.

3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I don't think they need a 5 year notice, but I read that once you make a change you have to stick with it for 5yrs

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Those Barnard art chicks were pretty hot in the sack most times though

stinkyB likes this.
  5. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

I just hope the new uniform isn’t “trailblazing” or “futuristic”. Simple tends to be best with unis. Particularly with football uniforms.

6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I’m so happy we’re getting something fresh.

abc likes this.
  7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

This is going to suck.

NY Jets68, Ralebird and regan62072 like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I just can't see the Jets abandoning green and going with black. Are they going to be called the gangblack instead of ganggreen? Will they be saying black is the new green? Black may be an accent color, but I will be shocked beyond words if they drop green and go black and white, even with an alternate uni.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

They won’t drop Green imho. Black will just be alternate

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. abc

abc Well-Known Member

NFL Constitution and Bylaws Article XIX 19.9

(D) No club shall have the right to make changes in its club colors and/or in the designs of its team helmets or uniforms except in accordance with the following provisions:

(1) Absent specific extenuating circumstances as determined by the Commissioner, if a club desires to make any changes in club colors, uniform appearance, designs of team helmets, designs of team uniforms, trademarks, or trade names, it must give written notice and details thereof to the League on or before March 1 of the year prior to the year in which it wishes to change; must comply with the uniform change notification and approval timeline as established by the League office and amended from time to time; and further must obtain approval from the League pursuant to Section 19.9(D)(2) by December 1 of the year prior to the year in which it wishes to change; otherwise it shall have no right to make any change for the succeeding season.

(2) Despite the provisions of the foregoing sub-paragraph (1) of this Section 19.9(D) and despite the fact that notice was given of the proposed change in the colors and/or designs of team helmet and uniforms as above set out, should such change, in the opinion of the Commissioner, result in any conflict with the club colors and/or helmet and uniform designs of any other club, and the clubs involved are unable to agree upon a method of solving such conflict, the Commissioner shall have the right to designate the club colors and/or the designs of the team helmet or uniforms to be used by the affected clubs in such season.

To back up the 5 year number posted above see

2002 Resolution G-3

Third, be it Further Resolved, that a Club may not change its regular home and away uniforms more than once every five NFL seasons, and may not change its third uniform design more than once every five NFL seasons, absent specific extenuating circumstances (e.g., Club ownership change or relocation) as determined by the Commissioner.

BudJet likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

The Vikings' may look better, but that's it imo. The Jaguars unis were butt ugly before and they're still butt ugly. The Lions had one of the best, most classic uniforms in the game, and they look like shit now.

NY Jets68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. Rollo Tomassi

If we go bold, I'm hoping it's THIS bold. Love the futuristic numerals. And orange and black would be so cool.

13. Rollo Tomassi

Yes, yes and yes.

14. NCJetsfan

As I posted in the other thread. Green is not going away. They'd have to totally change their nickname "the ganggreen" and change all the green in the stadium and headquarters to black and that would get very expensive. If they go that far with the change then they're morons. If they're that unhappy with the team's history and tradition, then they should just sell the team or move it out of the NY/NJ area to London or Oakland.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

Watching the Sea Hawks awful uniforms right now dreading what the Jets are going to come up with. Good news is green & white jerseys will be cheap next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Rollo Tomassi

It’s going to be horrific.

When they say BOLD I get the feeling they hired a bunch of millennial graphic designers on Chrystal Meth and said “GO”.

NY Jets68 and regan62072 like this.
  17. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Green AND white. I think it’s going to be green plus black or something grayish going forward

I apologize for not emphasizing.

18. Rollo Tomassi

Soooo...you want your team to look like shit for years just so you can enjoy a few old folks going apologetic for a few weeks?

This country is fucked.

19. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

A few weeks?

The rage will last years.

All because a bunch of grown men don’t want their team wearing black and green.

Meanwhile they’re okay with white and green which begs another question for another day.

Anyway our tradition is that of a terrible team and organization, it’s time we step away.

20. Rollo Tomassi

Typical. The millennial pulling the race card.

Lolworthy.

regan62072, stinkyB and abc like this.