17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I haven’t gotten to that point unfortunately. I am still a die hard but over the years I’ve learned to ignore the radio and newspapers during the week and not rehash loses and just listen to Stern and music and not make it worse. I want to win a super bowl more then almost anything. I no longer kid myself that it will happen.

CBG and alleycat9 like this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I would have liked this sooner but I actually just saw it-----great post 314 !!!!

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

just saw an article last night about what a shit show it was at fedex at the redskins game yesterday. and people who were also going thru what the jets go thru. and i didnt have the heart to tell them that this is what happens when you have no loyalty to long time fans and raise prices so that most of your fanbase cant afford them. those new fans see an opportunity to make some cash back and you end up with an away game at home. or in their case many away games, one player said he would rather play all road games

CBG likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So I can't sleep so for giggles I went to look of Jet tix and LOLOLOLOL $9 gets you into the upper bowl, Now if you don't enjoy sitting in outer space and would rather sit where you actual can see the game and are not in the flight patterns you can sit in the lower bowl for 30 plus bucks lololol get this = with NO PSL attached ! Those poor people that bought PSLs got bent over badly---> sell the team Woody

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thinking of going Sunday. It might be my last chance to see Rodgers live and the only chance to see him and Sam up against each other. Anyone wanna sell me 2 tickets for 25 ea. If I can get tics for 25 each on stub hub I’ll go.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I heard that the upper deck in that stadium is further and higher then met life’s. Also they charge a psl for uppers and overall prices are higher. Compared to Snyder woody and brother are good owners. That guy is a douche bag at the highest level. Place always has empty seats. I guess there not used to having more opposing fans in there place like us

7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Might be tough to get in that cheap with all of the cheese-heads buying in. Most probably bought tix months ago before the Packers nose dived. I'm going Sunday though. I like to attend the opener and the closer, though I didn't last year because it was on Christmas Eve. Let us know how you do.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Still at 49 before fees. I guess packer fans also know this is probably the last time Rodgers will play the jets on the road. At this point can’t see paying 65 to go

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Just make your way to the parking lot and buy something on your phone an hour before kick off. There will be deals, there always are

CBG likes this.
  10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah if we could still get paper tics and I was planning on scalping. Your referring to scalping or buying on stubhub ?

11. GordonGecko

stubhub/vividseats, definitely. I don't trust the scalpers plus you won't get as good a deal

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thank God I gave up my tickets----its a beautiful day for a game but I won't even be watching as the family is getting together and going out to eat----FU Woody

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

When it came down to it I didn’t feel like Schleping down to the shit hole and spend my money and time when I can watch Sam on my 65 inch tv and the red zone on the 40 inch. Big day for nfl and I know by the middle of the second qtr I would wish I was home watching my red zone. I can do whatever I want because I am no longer Woody’s bitch. F Woody

CBG and alleycat9 like this.
  14. alleycat9

im sure its cheesehead central out there. team is playing fairly well though.

CBG likes this.
  15. LogeSection2RowJ

It was cheesehead central. I'd say 50/50 but it depends on where you sat. The Broncos, Vikings and Packers games that I attended in the lower level this season all had incredible numbers of opposing fans. Of these, the Packer fans were the least annoying but probably because they too were out of contention. They only bothered me when the scoreboards showed Ed working on his chant, and the Packer fans decided to disrupt it with their "Go Pack Go" chant. They were successful. With the availability of tickets through the secondary market, I don't know if we can ever stop this from happening. The only thing we can do is price them out once real Jets fans have the urge to buy above face value.

Side note about this: I can tell which of the opposing fans are out-of-town'ers, and which are locals by their attitudes towards our team. People visiting, while still seemingly annoying by their bold fandom, are not likely to mock, or be obnoxious towards the Jets in particular. That is saved for the douchebags who live around here, and savor the chance to make fun of the Jets in our house - but of course only once the result is in the bag. When I see that occurring I'll sometimes counter with "Safe travels back to Wisconsin asshole" or some other sweet holiday greeting.

Side note part two: They gave out Jets scarfs for "Fan Appreciation" which was welcomed on the way inside on a cold December day. However, the material was nylon, and certainly nothing "scarf-like". It seemed to be the same material used for the flags they hand out - just shaped and folded over sewn in a scarf shape. Oh well.

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  16. alleycat9

its really a shame, i think the problem is that they have already priced out and disrespected the fans who used to go to the games every week. i think a TON of tickets were sold to brokers and then are sold on the secondary market and that the fans who pay so much every year use every opportunity they can to make some of that money back.

its really a shame, this isnt the only team feeling that pain though. look at washington. but the fact is that the nfl has basically shot itself in the foot the past 10 or so years. and they will end up feeling the ramifications of their incessant greed.

CBG likes this.
  17. LogeSection2RowJ

Ticket licensing became more important to Jets ownership than maintaining a strong loyal home fan base, however I think the ability to purchase seats with a smartphone, and the entire change in ticket-buying technology has totally changed the game. The Jets (Giants too) were lucky that their PSL sales push was when the StubHubs and SeatGeeks of the world were in their infancy. I don't know how any team can sell high PSL seats these days. The "value" of having exclusive rights to buy NFL seats is now becoming non existent.

#19677 LogeSection2RowJ, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  18. GordonGecko

The PSL economic formula is the same as it's always been:

- PSLs entitling you to tickets at a price below market value are worth something
    - PSLs entitling you to tickets at a price at or above market value are worthless

If they had kept ticket prices at $80 for lowers the fanbase wouldn't have evaporated and those PSLs would be worth real money. Instead they raised to $125 and $137, pissed off all their fans, and the ones that bought PSLs ended up owning junk

alleycat9, CBG and LogeSection2RowJ like this.
  19. LogeSection2RowJ

Very well stated.

20. GordonGecko

Thanks and obviously this is a story about greed, they wanted to take all that PSL money but did not want to give anything in return. They pushed for maximum PSL revenue and then doubled down and went for maximum ticket revenue too, not only not giving licensees a discount but instead asking way over market and basically telling them "screw you, we already have your money and you're going to lose it all if you don't give us more". And to top it all off the new place sucks, they put all their attention into the details of clubs and suites and every regular seat was a complete afterthought from A to Z

CBG likes this.