The Bills are a playoff calibur team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GlennFoley, Dec 4, 2006.

1. joejets1

joejets1 Member

The Jets had the exact same schedule minus two teams

2. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

This thread makes no sense. The bills are 5-7. How does that make them a playoff caliber team? The Jets are a playoff caliber team. The Bills are just freaking losers. Hell, one of those 7 losses they have came from us!

3. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Boo hoo hoo hoo. Did you forget that we played the exact same schedule, sans San Diego?

4. Freeman McNeil

Guaranteed Mangini is taking this game very seriously. The Jets will win, but it won't be a walk in the park kind of like the Cleveland game except we'll pull this one out.

If any of the Jets are starting to forget about that game they'll be reminded this week.

This will be a good thing and help in the team's development as they charge to the playoffs.

#44 Freeman McNeil, Dec 7, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  5. Brian McFan

Brian McFan Member

Right on, Freeman!

"The ultimate test of character is learning from one's mistakes!"

(Note: Not really sure who said that, but I'm pretty sure he was a tall dude)

6. madness

madness New Member

Hey ppls, first post here from behind the enemy lines. It's hard to get intelligent football convo from where I come from so I figured I'd stop by.

Although the Bills are a team getting better every game I wouldn't consider them a playoff caliber team on a good day. Their play is too inconsistent, as you would expect for a young inexperienced team.

I haven't been able to keep with the rest of the AFC East as much as I used to but this year has to be refreshing for you guys. Your team has really picked it up this year and proved a lot of doubters wrong. That being said, I expect a great game this weekend. The key for both teams, as any game but definitely more so for this one, is putting consistent pressure on the QB's. We have to hit Chad hard and often to make him regret running that no huddle and I'm sure you've seen how teams fared against us when they could get in JP's face all day long.

I honestly can't see Buffalo pulling out a win unless they abandon the Cover 2 to play more man against Pennington. It's awesome to watch that guy carve up a zone when he's on.

I'm curious about running game. Are you guys finally getting some consistency there? I saw Houston's big day last week but wasn't sure how that whole situation was going down since Barlow.

Also, how's Justin Miller doing this year? He was tearing it up last year and was fun to watch. I have him as my kick returner in a sim league and he's been very kind to me.

7. BxJetFan

BxJetFan New Member

You are as good as your record shows buddy. #1 rule in the Nfl. Thank you for all of those stats but really you was just wasting your breath.
    :buffaloblows: J.P Losman Qb rating isn't so bad because he throws the ball about 10 times a game. It's hard to make that many mistakes throwing the ball 10 times a game. Lastly just wanted to remind you again YOU ARE AS GOOD AS YOUR RECORD SHOWS

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I agree. Every time I see this thread I'm saying, "Who TF is responding to this thing?" And now, here I am responding to it.

The Bills are NOT a playoff-caliber team.

Jets 27
    Bills 16

9. slowmoe57

slowmoe57 New Member

If you post it they will come
    Glen Foley posts and you all respond -- you have no one to blame but yourselves

10. blantyr

blantyr Member

I don't think there are any easy teams in the AFC East, and I follow the Patriots. The Bills were spanked pretty good by the Bears (40 - 7) and Patriots (28 - 6), but have played everyone else pretty tough including Indianapolis (Lost 17 - 16), Jacksonville (won 27 - 24) the Patriots again (lost 19 - 17) and San Diego (Lost 24 - 21). Even the Patriot's 28 - 6 win is misleading. It was a tight game until several turnovers late blew it open.

We have a really tough division. I wouldn't take anyone for granted.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Good post. I had forgotten how tough they played some of those games. I'm sure Mangini and Company will give us every opportunity to win though.

12. greenteam

greenteam New Member

playoff caliber,when you have j.p blowsmen behind center you are not a playoff team..

13. blantyr

blantyr Member

Agreed. I sort of expect the Jets to win. The Bills play you tough, but have tended to fall a bit short in the end. They aren't a playoff caliber team this year, but give Lossman a little more experience and if they reinforce their offensive line a bit, they could be contenders.

14. Rhodes_25

Rhodes_25 New Member

we won in buffalo earlier this year, and were trying to make a playoff push

theres no way we lose this game:buffaloblows:

15. Section 227. Row 5

The great thing about the NFL today is, no one is a shoe-in and no one is out of contention. Parity pretty much makes all teams "contenders" almost every single year. Hell, look at the NY Jets. 4-12 last year... this year.... who knows?

16. madness

madness New Member

Nevermind my question on Justin Miller, looks to be having another great year. There's a good article on the Bills site "McGee vs. Miller a Heavyweight Kick Return Matchup". I'd post a link but I don't have enough posts yet.

17. steviep

steviep Active Member

Of course. The Browns beat the Chiefs and the Titans beat the Colts.

This is a huge game (obviously) but even bigger than the others..

The jets need three. If they are a playoff team they have to beat the Raiders in the last game..
    You assume theyll lose one of the next two on the road.
    That makes this a must must win.