Report: Jets will make a run at Jim Harbaugh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsclaps, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Are you assuming their gender?

What about non-binary gender specific...things?

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Gonna side step the political debate on this one and just say that if Jim Harbaugh comes to the jets, it would likely be one of the best HC hirings in Jets history.

From a pure achievement perspective, Jim Harbaugh took a 49ers team and completely transformed them. But I have a really hard time seeing him come here if Maccagnan is in the fold. He's high profile and will either command we change the GM to someone he personally is cool with, or he may ask that he be given the keys to the castle.

Either ways, Jim Harbaugh signs on and we may completely do a 180 from the past 8 years.

3. Rollo Tomassi

So just because eskimos don't play football they shouldn't be given the opportunity to coach in the NFL?

Seems arbitrary.

AND capricious.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Eskimos look at our football and laugh, they would much rather coach the CFL. That's where the hardcore action is. Ricky Williams couldn't survive a year in that league.

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I'm all for 1 non gender specific toilet

NYJetsO12 and Sam Hammer like this.
  6. Rollo Tomassi

Eskimo is a derogatory term.

Enjoy your vacation.

GQMartin and Brook! like this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Thats some evil shit you just pulled

Brook! likes this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Handicapped toilet already covers that.

9. Rollo Tomassi

Why aren't there any pygmy coaches in the NFL?

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Maybe if we get lucky the Johnsons start to improve by doing things backwards ass instead of ass backwards

Ahahahaha

11. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

I feel like we've gotten off track lol

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Looney Lule?!!!

ROFL

TBH ...Thank God for Asian Americans they have to be one of the most productive aspects of US society

Harvard be damned ...I spent many a nice afternoon strolling around Princeton and like 50 per cent of the kids are Asian...Geek Power>>>>Make America Great Again

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Wow what a burn.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

First off, whites are a global minority so give me a break. I don't care what you are, get off this PC bullshit and victim mentality, it's 2018. Anybody who is truly prejudiced at this point will most likely not change in their lifetime, so the Rooney Rule makes not a damn difference anyway. Not to mention all the biases and prejudice we carry on a subconscious level, and we all do, so anybody who thinks they are Mr. Do-good and Mr. Equality are usually self-diluted and full of shit. Every man has a shadow (aka a "dark side") and usually those too afraid to look at their own are the ones who consider themselves "righteous" and "virtuous." That doesn't mean we act on our inner darkness, but we have to acknowledge it. We are all of mankind and collectively we carry a lot of deep subconscious hate, prejudice, and self destruction. But let's just blame all the white people instead, every other race has been at their mercy since the dawn of time, right? No.

If you are good at what you do you will get hired, plain and simple. If Mike Tomlin gets fired we will most definitely interview a black man for the job. Why? Because he is good at what he does, not because he is black or white or asian. Or maybe I should just go vote for the next president based entire on his/her skin color or gender. How is that not racist? Do you know how many people voted for Obama purely because he was a black man and knew nothing else about him or his policies? A LOT. And same goes for Hillary Clinton, "its time for a woman president!" Fuck that, please.

Sec124DieHard and grkmanga31 like this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Harbaugh's not leaving Ann Arbour - close thread

[​IMG]

"EskimoPie: cold as ice cream, but still as sweet."
    [​IMG]

3rd and short:

What's the difference between a group of clever pygmies and a women's track team?
    One's a bunch of cunning runts.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

My point wasn't an attempt to dismiss racism or say the rule is worthless, but rather the rule is a joke when a team already knows who they want. Look at the past offseason with Gruden. The Raiders knew who they wanted and hired him, but oh no the Rooney rule. Let's say the Jets give an exorbitant amount of money to land Jim Harbaugh, BUT OH NO the Rooney rule strikes again. This is when the rule becomes a joke and actually ends up being racist in it of itself because a team is interviewing a minority candidate because a rule says so. They should find a balance with it and not have to force teams to interview minorities just for the sake of doing it, it leads to forced interviews just so a team can comply. Also, the NFL will never do away with it, imagine the shitstorm that would ensue.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  17. Red Menace

It’s a good thing we are not PC on this forum.

18. Red Menace

Is this the Eskimo version of swimsuit calendar?

joe likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What do you think "misogynistic" refers to? And I didn't bold anything, so your attempt at being a smart ass was an epic fail. ROFLMAO

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for your civil and intelligent response (as opposed to many of the other responses). Thanks also for the clarification. I still disagree. Even when a team knows who it wants to hire, it could so impressed by that interview, that it winds up changing its mind, or possibly decide to offer that coach another job if that coach's present team is amenable to that (if indeed he is with another team). Also, as I mentioned in my previous post, it gives that black coach practice interviewing. Interviewing is an art or skill that can be refined and developed. One can and should learn from interviews, and the more one does them, the less nervous one gets and perhaps the less pressure one feels. So even though they may view it as a waste of time, it's not a waste of time for that black candidate.