2018 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 29, 2018.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Funny you say that. Right before the season I traded Julio to the guy I'm facing in round 1 this week..for Fournette.

Hope the same thing doesn't happen to me.

2. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

anyone trusting Elijah as a possible Connor replacement this week in PPR Semi's ?? at the very least should rack up some garbage time check downs and get anything near the goal line

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Well he (same goes for Crowell & Cannon) didn't practice yesterday. If Elijah does play & Crowell doesn't, I would consider McGuire as a flex option.

4. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

yes, assuming he is featured

5. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Well, I'm riding into tonight starting the following players:
    QB Mahomes
    WR Keenan Allen
    RB2 Melvin Gordon (can replace with Jackson if he is inactive)
    Flex Damien Williams
    TE Kelce

I'm going against Tyreek Hill.

I am terrified of a 13-10 game. I am terrified of not scoring 100 points (we are HPPR).

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jesus. Hoping for a shoot out for you fam

7. phubbadaman

I'm freaking out, pretty much since Monday. Very annoying. I'll either be resigned to lose or hopeful for a win after tonight though. Just need Mahomes to go away from Hill, at least as far as TD go.

8. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

no surprise your still playing in week 15 w/ that lineup ..I think vegas has the o/u at 55 so that's in your favor ..g/l, I need plenty of Kelce as well

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You guys that are still involved in your leagues and playoffs good luck to you , its Draftkings now for me. At least I got to watch one as swipe get eliminated from my league last week and the only other guy ( who was a total penis ) I hope gets knocked out this week that would be a nice xmas present for me if he finishes out of the money ! As far as Mcguire he is off the injury report and Crowell is out I would start him

#509 CBG, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    dawinner127 and NYJalltheway like this.
  10. NYJalltheway

I'm in the same boat except for Monday. I have Brees, Cam, Cmc, Kamara, and possibly Ian Thomas, and/or Curtis Samuel all in the same game.

11. phubbadaman

Well, it went alright except for Keenan Allen leaving. I was going against Butker and Tyreek Hill, so that went well.

12. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

QB advice ??

in the semi's of a 12 team PPR/PPC league - QB's are a pretty important position

I've been riding a mediocre Aaron Rodgers all season but has that @ Chicago dreaded match up this week ..so I scooped Derek Carr a couple weeks ago off waivers and he's got a pretty favorable match up @ Cincinnati ..he's got some pretty solid numbers as of late

would you do it? tough one to pull the trigger on

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wow sucks to be in that position right now----> I always like to start my best players regardless of opponent / matchup. That said Rodgers has not exactly been IMO playing well . I give you props if you have the stones and decide to start Carr but I don't think I would do it . Hopefully a few others chime in and help you make a decision good luck but regardless of what any idiot = me ----> says on this thread do what YOU WANT so that you have zero regrets, heck you made it this far already on your own

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have a rooting interest in tonight as there is a guy who I REALLY WANT TO Lose and finish out of the money !

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Really souring on H2H fantasy at this point. 11-2 season and I lost in the semis by 7 by some cuck who had Derrick Henry go for almost his entire seasons worth of points in 2 weeks.

NYJalltheway and CBG like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I hate head to head,,despise it. When I ran my league years ago I got sick of exactly what you went thru tonight and I a friend and I decided that we would change the format and we did.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  17. NYJalltheway

Try convincing your friends that. I've been sick of h2h for years.

18. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Let's see...my team was 2nd highest scoring in the league, only a few pts behind the top scorer. That top scorer? 12-1. 3rd highest scorer (300pts behind me)? 11-2. Me? Barely scraping into the playoffs at 8-5, because I also had the highest points against in the league by a country mile (including a 156-149 loss to a team that never scored more than 114 again). And to top it all off, lost in the semis because my 135ppg team decided to score 95. Whatever. Just like the Jets season, I'm ready for fantasy season to be over.

19. phubbadaman

Well I made it to my final. I've got a banged up Melvin Gordon, Keenan Allen and Todd Gurley. I've got Mahomes and Kelce playing like humans when I need superhumans. I'm going against Nick Chubb and Marlon Mack, who both have better matchups. I was number 1 team all year, but I'm going against the number 2 team, who was about 150 points behind me.

CBG likes this.
  20. NYJalltheway

I had the #2 team record, and points wise, and average about 210 a week. The team I played this week was in 6th before the playoffs started, got the win, and help to make it in the top 4, and my team decided to score 135 points, by far the lowest of the season. What a week to have it. One and done by that one friend that never shuts up when they beat you.