Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I heard Jamal on the radio yesterday on his spot on WFAN. "We need to communicate better". Telling. The team is in complete disarray. How many times do I have to watch this shitty Jets movie? Day after day, year after year. The only movie that's worse is 'It's a Wonderful Life'. I seriously hate that movie.

boozer32 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

True, although I'd argue that Mahomes wouldn't be as good on the jets as he is on the Chiefs. His supporting cast is top notch and he has Andy Reid as his HC.

Conversely, we would have Bowles and a bottom tier roster with Mahomes who all thought needed some time before he started.

stinkyB likes this.
  3. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

As good as he is, and can be, he will always be compared to Mahomes by Jets fans.

Unfair to him, but thats the game.

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not if Sam pans out

101GangGreen101 and stinkyB like this.
  5. jcass10

Very good point.

My pessimistic side is showing

6. Not saying your wrong but its still insane.Those of us who wanted Mahomes were in the clear minority on here.

Nobody thought he was accurate or that he could learn proper footwork.It was dumb & shortsighted but its the truth

7. jcass10

Meh, not that your wrong, but it doesnt really matter what the fans want. Even the ones that had the foresight to see Mahomes was going to be great.

Management gets paid to make these decisions, and there is a possibility this could be an absolutely huge mistake. The front office doesnt get the same benefit of the doubt that fans get.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I completely agree, but the bigger plus by having drafted Mahomes instead of Adams would've come from the vastly improved draft capital and positions that had to be surrendered to get Darnold this year. On that basis alone, not drafting Mahomes was a big mistake, but then when you consider that after this season he would've likely been working with a new CS - as hopefully will Sam - then he would begin to contribute much more.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Honestly, as a big Mahomes fan, I'm not comparing Sam to Mahomes, nor will I. Even if Darnold pans out - which if we can get rid of Bowles and Bates there's a good chance he will - I don't know if he'll ever be as good as Mahomes. Mahomes is a generational talent, if he stays healthy he can be as good as anyone who ever played QB. But Sam can be damn good, and possibly nearly as good, although if he;s Eli to Mahomes's Peyton, I'll take that. While I really wanted Mahomes, and am still pissed that Macc passed on him AND he had to burn prime draft capital to even have a chance to get Darnold, I like Sam and I like his demeanor. He doesn't seem to get rattled - yet - and he has an ability to move and make plays on the run (and it's a complete mystery and massive failure that Bates doesn't take advantage of this strength more:mad:).

JetsNation06 likes this.
  10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Great point. I'm just hoping Bowles and Macc get lost so we can finally operate like a legitimate NFL team.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

This might turn into another Dan Marino Ken O'Brien comparison. If Marino and O'Brien had swapped teams would their stats been exactly the same? If Darnold OL, running game and receivers had always been as good as they were against Detroit how good would he be now? If Mahomes OL, running game, and receivers were always as bad as in the Jets' losing games how good would Mahomes be now?

Everybody talks about Ken O'Brien holding on to the ball too long? What were his options when there was no receivers open or he got pressured as soon as he got the ball? Either throw it away for an incompletion if he had the time to do that or try to hold on to the ball while waiting for a receiver to get open. Dan Marino on the other hand used get the ball and throw always untouched to an open receiver. Now, Marino quick release and accuracy had a lot to do with the completions but how many super bowls did Marino win? How many Super Bowls appearance did he have? One. That is because in the playoffs he had to face elite defenses and he did not always have all those wide open receivers with no pressure after he got the ball from the center. Marino was the least sacked QB for seven consecutive years and it was because of the OL protection he got. Marino threw one TD and two INTs in his SB plus he got the ball knocked of his hands for a fumble. Obviously, he didn't play that well in the playoffs when he didn't make it to the superbowl. And he had a good HC like Mahomes. Look what Darnold got for a HC and OC.

Noam, ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  12. jetophile

Caught Jamal Adams in his weekly spot again yesterday. Not verbatim, but when asked if thought Todd Bowles should be fired, he took the high road and said how much he respected him but "there is a lot more wrong in that building than Todd Bowles". Asked if he felt seeing as he's emerging as a team leader if he would like to sit down with management and give his take behind closed doors why and where he thinks the team is failing and why, he said absolutely. He also brought it up again that the Jets "have to communicate better on both sides of the ball". Apparently he thinks there are some slackers in that locker room, but he is getting to the point with his play that his opinion matters.

After the interview, they started taking phone calls. First caller to Bart Scott: "If the Jets lose to the Bills, I'm gonna set my hair on fire." It was probably someone from this board, lol. Bart Scott has really improved as a radio host. He's starting to ask challenging questions and I don't disagree with most of his criticisms at all. Now I feel bad I gave away his bobble head after he made a tackle. You know, the tackle on Revis, his own man, injuring him. His production had really gone down his last year with the Jets, but he's kept himself in great physical shape and he's very likable. He doesn't pull any punches and tells it like it is.

EDIT: I remember a handful of people saying he was terrible as an analyst/host. If so, he isn't anymore. At least I don't think so.

#652 jetophile, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Sam Hammer likes this.
  13. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams goes "Offce Space" on our shitty season. I may have to pay a visit to this place.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  14. jetophile

15. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

Jamal Adams is spot on and refreshingly honest when he says there are bigger problems in the Jets building than Todd Bowles.

Bowles, his ultra conservative game plan and his band of d list co-ordinators are a big problem. But not as big a problem as the guy who’s made draft and trade error after error in the last 4 years and is solely responsible for the lack of talent and depth on this roster.

Which high profile coach is going to take the job on while Macc is in the chair?

HomeoftheJets and twown like this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You can’t have Mac on the hot seat if you bring in a new Coach. He gets 3-4 more years along with the new coach.

FJF likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Which is why we need to fire Mac now.

Metstrife likes this.
  18. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

No he gets fired along with Bowles and we start again with a proper structure and a GM who knows what he’s doing.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Jeeze, imagine how foolish you feel if you’re the guy that started this thread.

20. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I have an Adams jersey and this is page 33 of this thread. I'm happy about both of those things.

K'OB likes this.