PFT is reporting that Jim Harbaugh could be looking to get back into the NFL

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Who cares

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Trolls.

3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Yeah... the offensive line is... climate change...

Sorry, what are we talking about again?

Chappy13 and Centiment like this.
  4. abc

abc Well-Known Member

I would prefer Not hiring Either Harbaugh brothers & that goes for McCarthy as well.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Are you seriously calling the Cleavleand FO stable and accomplished?They have had like 11 coaches in 6 years and bust after bust with what seems like endless first round picks.The City of Cleveland celebrated there first win in 3 years like it was the Superbowl.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Oh wow he prefers the only two jobs presently open? What a coincidence and oh so embarrassing.

On a serious note, the advantage the Jets will have is Jim Harbaugh is not coming back to the NFL without control or at least I wouldn’t think so. He’s not gonna have control in Cleveland or GB. He could with Jets if Chris Johnson is motivated enough to hire him.

Jets69 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I also heard that someone on the Dolphins (the Owner?) is a Michigan Alum and is also wooing his azz

At the Auction the Picasso always goes to the highest bidder so hold up your $$ signs j and J

8. Rollo Tomassi

Dude, this is a whiny emo thread started by a troll.

Please don’t bring facts to the table.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Jim Harbaugh looks fat to me. Better not pay that bum big money to coach the Jets.

10. Rollo Tomassi

His brother looks to be in much better shape, apparently he works out because he cares about winning.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Absolutely.. The accomplishments of John Dorsey vs. Macc alone would seal the deal. Which situation would any sane potential HOF coach worried about a legacy would prefer... Chris Johnson and uncertainty vs. John Dorsey and ownership that appears to have learned their lessons the hard way. This one is a no brainer for Harbaugh UNLESS Chris Johnson shows up with $100m in a Brinks truck. Work for a proven winner in Dorsey vs. working alongside a mediocre GM that hasn't produced anything of note his entire time on the job. A Cleveland team clearly trending up vs a Jets team once again on course to nowhere.

The Jet HC position simply isn't the most attractive at the moment. The Jet organization has a long way to go before they can be considered up and coming. Right now, this organization is anything but.. $100mil in cap cash is meaningless if not spent wisely and this team's history with FA's speaks for itself.

The only reason why Harbaugh would consider the Jets would be cash. I'm talking an extreme amount of it. $150m might not be enough..

#31 Cman68, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    JetsNation06 likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

LMAO at some of these comments. Is anyone here thinking that any potential coach with half a brain would make a point of interest about the Jets job or the QB while they have a coach in place. I wouldn't draw shit from this input. Assuming Cleveland is a better destination without even knowing what the final scenario would be for the Jets is also just a wild ass guess.
    There will be many of these rumors with less than an ounce of credibility. It will be a wild ride

FJF and Ralebird like this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

Just look at some of the OPs work.

14. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

They are actually debunking Chris Carter, who maintains close ties to Ohio States suggestions that Harbaugh is leaving Michigan in order to help Ohio States recruiting.

As far as Cleveland, for Harbaugh, it's a more attractive destination. A much better roster, 5-6 pro bowlers, nearly as much cap space $15 million less but 13 fewer FAs 5 more draft picks.
    Plus it's Harbaughs home team.

#34 TonyFtLaud, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Cleveland is not Harbaugh’s home team. The harbaughs traveled a lot due to their dad’s coaching but home is primarily Cali and Ann Arbor

16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He was born in Cleveland spent his youth there before bouncing around Iowa, Mich and Cali. Think he split his HS years between Mich and Cali.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

All three teams, CLE, GB, and NYJ are attractive jobs. The Jets and Browns both have a solid foundation of young talent with young QBs and a ton of cap space. The downside to the Jets is having to deal with the NY media and fans . GB might be less attractive with an aging Rodgers but they do have a winning tradition

Regardless of who the Jets pick at HC they will have to extend Mac to provide stability to any prospective HC. I am sure that will be their 1st priority this off season.

18. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

I don't see Harbaugh being the answer, he's a name but his success is varied and i think he is too old school for modern NFL. As for Cleveland being a better place than the Jets, Baker Mayfield and the guy who picked him in the draft have caused that. We can turn that around by developing Darnold to look just as good. At the minute Darnold is promising but is already injured and has thrown picks, Mayfield is playing, winning and yes throws picks but looks more durable. I think the next hire at head coach and GM are crucial to our future. If we don't develop this talent like we have done before, we are going to be left on the scrap heap. A good OC like Nagy, Reich, McVay is needed, not old school coach.

19. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

John yes. Jim no. Every 4-5 years he seems to overstay his welcome upset someone and then move on. That's what we do with our coaches. I would like to think we hire someone who intends to be here for ten plus years. Bring stability and be good. Like Tomlin, Belichek and others that have been there for a long time and been good. No thank you Jim.

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

sign me up for jim harbaugh. he will be the best of the bunch and what we need. look what we got after kotite - parcells. very similar spot, albeit 20+ years later.