Turn on the Jets 7-Round Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 1, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

http://turnonthejets.com/2018/11/new-york-jets-seven-round-mock-draft-v-2/

This is a draft I could get on board with except for the lack of drafting a RB. The Jets desperately need a starting-caliber RB. There aren't really any in FA except Bell, and I don't want the Jets to even consider him.

I like Greg Little a lot better than Jonah Williams, but I'd settle for Williams.

[​IMG]

Leicester Jet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I don't know most of these players, but I like the positions they have us taking.

dawinner127 and stinkyB like this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I wouldn't mind this draft, but would like a trade down to get a 2nd and go something like LT, WR, C, Edge in rounds 1-3. I think we can get a solid RB in round 4. Plus 2020 is supposed to have a loaded class of RB's.

AlexJETS likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

If you haven't already, please read the descriptions of those players in the article. They sound like some very good, if not great, prospects.

5. NCJetsfan

I agree, and I said as much in my comment on the Turn On The Jets page where the article is found. The only difference is that I said that I think the Jets would get at least a 2nd and 3rd this year. With the 2nd and 3-3rds, I think they should take an edge rusher in the 2nd, and a C, RB and WR in the 3rd.

6. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I could go with this draft too, especially if we addressed edge in F/A, as I hope we will, and went for the best available R/B in the 3rd

CotcheryFan and stinkyB like this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Winovich is a football player. Just not sure he’s our answer at EDGE

This mock should have been better if done by Jets fans.

If you address OL early then you have to address EDGE in FA and use that third rounder for a RB WR or CB

8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

"Lil Jordan"

Oh dear.

9. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I'll be surprised if Fulton declares since he has to have ankle surgery.

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Not that you can’t get a good left tackle later but why trade down when you could get Williams or Little at the top of the class? I’d rather get 1 sure thing offensive linemen then 3 maybes.

11. NCJetsfan

The mocks I'm seeing have Little ranked lower. Some have him in the 7-10 area, others have him down in the mid-teens. Right now, I like Little the best, but haven't seen enough of them to make a definitive decision, or seen Yodney Cajuste at all.

I've seen one report that said that Jonah Williams might be better suited at OG. I don't know how accurate it is, but I know in general that Alabama OL haven't done all that well in the NFL. If that report is wrong and Williams is clearly the best LT prospect, then the Jets will need to take him if he is indeed ranked in the top 5 players. If not and Little is ranked lower, then the Jets will have to weigh whether Little plus a player they can take in the 2nd round would be better than just Williams.

The thing to remember however, is that teams draft boards can have players ranked differently from each other and from what sportswriters and scouts have. It can depend upon blocking scheme, ceiling/upside, the characteristics they're looking for in players at each position, etc.

Last season, Trey Adams was considered the top LT prospect, then he suffered a torn ACL. He's been trying to get back into playing shape/form this season and didn't even start for Washington, but he could be the best LT in the class although he may not go until the 2nd round.

I just hope that we have a new GM who has a great eye for OL and offensive talent making the picks.

#11 NCJetsfan, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Noam likes this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Bell/mcquire will be a solid rb duo.

dawinner127 likes this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd rather draft our next great RB. I'm on the Montgomery train.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

Amen! I want no part of Bell, and McGuire hasn't proven anything. If anything, he should be the #3 RB.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"I like this guy more than THAT guy even though I haven't seen enough of them to make a definitive decision." .

That makes sense.

The rest is just a bunch of regurgitated "taken-off-a-draft-website" useless bullshit.

16. NCJetsfan

So, don't read my posts, jackass. I don't see you contributing anything at all to this site. Posters like you only drag the site down. Mock drafts are interesting to some of us, and the comments by those draft sites are part of information gathering. Sometimes those comments are wrong, sometimes they are right, and sometimes they are mixed. One always has to consider the source and use one's own eyes.

Harpua likes this.
  17. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Darrell Henderson

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

19. NCJetsfan

Turn on the Jets latest mock is a total change from their previous mock above. I'm not sure if I like it as much as the one above. I love Allen, but I would prefer that the Jets get that top-level LT in the draft. I don't think we can afford to wait and hope that Taylor develops. If they wind up drafting #5 and miss Jonah Williams, I'd rather they trade down, take Greg Little at LT, add a 2nd round pick and maybe a 3rd round pick or 4th. I do like that aside from Allen, the rest of their picks are all used on the offense.

Anyway here's the link: http://turnonthejets.com/2018/12/new-york-jets-7-round-mock-draft-v-4/

Here's their latest 7-round mock draft:

1 (5) - Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky

3 (71) - Michael Jordan, C/OG, Ohio St.

3 (94) David Sills V, WR, WVU

4 (102) - Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida

5 (133) - Andy Isabella, WR, UMass.

7 (199) - Isaac Nauta, TE, UGA

#19 NCJetsfan, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Mogriffjr and Harpua like this.
  20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Josh Allen is my draft man crush right now so I like it. There is a ton of EDGE talent in this draft so the Jets will obviously disappoint me and draft a TE .