What is wrong with the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Patriot, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Ivy League snobs know how to pluralize family names and write in complete sentences. His argument is wrong, too.

2. GTA_G20

GTA_G20 Member

Simple. We have no wide receivers. We cut all our running backs. We cut our defensive lineman. We lost cornerbacks. Oh and we are starting a rookie qb and as mentioned earlier we have no wide outs

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Who wrote this?

4. NCJetsfan

So Enunwa isn't a WR?

5. NCJetsfan

Woody/Chris used consultants (Ron Wolf and Charley Casserley) to advise them on the hiring of the HC and GM to replace Rex and Idzik. I listed them in that order, because Woody hired Bowles first, and then Mac.

6. NCJetsfan

It's the northern NJ water. ;):eek::D

7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I don't think Woody is a good owner or necessarily the worst, but much of this description seems to be written by someone with an axe to grind or just likes sensationalizing for the story.

Woody was never expected to ascend to the top of the family business because his father had a falling our with the grandfather and the only reason it was clear that it wasn't going to happen was because of the split, not because of ineptitude, perceived or real.

And other than this one article (which I've seen before), I highly doubt the Johnson & Johnson Company or the Johnson family dipped into "petty cash" to give him money to support a hobby--like they wanted to push him off to the side so they figured--"here Woody go buy a toy".

Kill Woody all you want, but some of this article is ass.

Ralebird likes this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Note to Woody. Cancel contract with consulting firm. You can contract your sons to hire incompetent people to run the football operation, pay them the consulting fee and deduction it as a cost of operations.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

You couldn't pay me to root for a team in the same division unless it somehow benefited the Jets. And I wouldn't actually consider it rooting. More like vomiting with my eyes closed.

FJF likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

I think a better question is, "What is wrong with us, that we continue to root for the Jets?" I think we're all a bunch of sick masochists.

CotcheryFan and Jets1035 like this.
  11. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

One of the analysts last week said Enunwa's strength is not so much getting open, but catching and getting yards after the catch. That's not to say there isn't a need for a talent like that, but he is not in the same league as the top WR's. I tend to agree with that assessment. The Jets need more talent on offense.

12. NCJetsfan

I wasn't saying that Enunwa is top talent. He isn't. But he's a very good #2 or slot receiver. A WCO seeks (or should seek) WRs who are excellent at getting YAC, so Enunwa is a great fit, a home-grown talent, and someone that we need to keep. With a competent OC, the Jets should be running slants and routes that can utilize Enunwa's ability to gain YAC.

Sam Hammer and westiedog1 like this.
  13. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I agree with what you are saying about Enunwa, but as good as he is, an offense can't just keep going to him. A defense is going to shut him down eventually. For any offensive player to be effective, there has to be viable alternatives when the defenses clamp down and I think the Jets lack those viable alternatives.

14. NCJetsfan

It goes without saying that there have to be viable alternatives. Even the best WRs can be stopped by a true shut down CB or if they're constantly double- and triple-teamed. Neither I, nor anyone else that I am aware of was making the claim that all we needed was Enunwa.

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I remember a few seaons ago when Kaepernick became the 49ers starter and they played the Jets. The niners looked like a pro team playing a minor league team (the Jets). This season reminds me of that game.