2018-2019 NCAA Division I Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by GQMartin, Aug 31, 2018.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Friday 8/31

Syracuse at Western Michigan.

Western Michigan kid just broke his neck. Stretcher and immobilized and all. So sad.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Bosa absolutely dominating today.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes he did. One of the games I tuned in for and because of Nick Bosa specifically and to the tune of 4 tackles and 2.0 sacks. He is so instinctive out there and plays lightning fast. Some say he'll either be just as good or even better than his brother Joey; and that is a scary thought.

We all need to root for Buffalo/Miami to win at least 3 games because he's going #1 overall and I much rather Darnold not face this kid 2x per year.

Ed Oliver of Houston is another top 1-3 pick as a DT and although i didn't see the game live (only his highlights) he was absolutely dominant with 13 tackles including 3.5 tackles from behind the line of scrimmage for loss (he would be a nightmare opposite of Leonard Williams on our D-Line).

Raekwon Davis is yet another projected early to mid 1st round pick as a massive 6'7 306 lb D-Lineman out of Alabama and can be lined up all over the field. I missed the Bama game tonight and can not find their defensive box score numbers so I'm curious to know how he looked out there?

Clelin Ferrell of Clemson and the ACC is yet again, another DE/Edge Rusher in which mostly everyone has projected as a top 10 pick. Seen through box score how he also recorded 2 tackles and 1 sack. This kid I'm familiar with as an FSU fan and he's got insane size and length for a pass rusher on the next level.

This upcoming draft class will without question be dominated by edge/outside pass rushers and dominant interior DT's along with highly rated O-lineman throughout the Top-10 and beyond.

And outside of these 2019 O-Line prospects I'd have to say that WR, A.J Brown out of the fierce SEC of Ole Miss is my favorite offensive skilled position player heading in and looks to have had a big game on the road too with 7 receptions for 93 receiving yards and 1 TD reception.

Football is back and I've thoroughly enjoyed opening day it's just bothering me not knowing what Raekwon Davis did of Alabama.

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Bosa also 2 fumble recoveries, one for a touchdown.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Trayveon Williams, RB out of Texas A&M (Junior) had the most dominant performance of any skilled position player.

20 rushing attempts for 240 rushing yards (12.0 yards per rush) and 3 rushing TD's.

Although he recorded these numbers against an overmatched and very awful Northwestern State team nonetheless a good way to start off an RB's season...

#5 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Pierce from Oregon St had an excellent day as well. 11-169-2.

Two runs of 81 and 79. The second one was right up the heart of the Ohio St defense.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

My FSU kids just got absolutely destroyed by VT.

24-3? Season over before it's started.

Our QB in Deondre Francois is absolutely atrocious too and one with zero accuracy. Tossed up 3 INT's and obviously 0 TD's.

We just haven't been the same since our two year Jameis Winston run while going undefeated two regular seasons in a row including a National Championship with our only loss coming during the title game. FSU football was so much fun.

And I don't like this below .500 career losing Willie Taggart guy either. Not one bit.

And he did a crap job with Oregon last year too and needs to go back to USF where he started his HC career because FSU football is simply put; too historic for him.

I seen it on my TV with my own two eyes.

Our kids just weren't the same without Jimbo Fisher on our sidelines along with his career winning percentage of .785% including a 5-2 bowl record.

We go from the likes of greats in Bobby Bowden and Jimbo Fisher to that of Willie Taggart, am i even spelling that right?

Well he can go and take his career "winning record" of a losing record of 47-51 and his little career losing percentage of .479% elsewhere.

Well I guess at least our sure fire 1st round stud and dominant DE in 6'5 Brian Burns lived up to his own hype tonight while recording 6 tackles (2.0 for loss) and 1.5 sacks.

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You of all that Florida football knowledge and don't even know someone from the county next to yours. Willie Taggart played for the Manatee Hurricanes, just across the bridge from you. As far as his " below .500 career losing", every team he has taken over has improved tremendously. That is why he keeps getting higher profile head coaching jobs.

Started with Western Kentucky, a team that had lost 26 straight games, and in his 3rd season there took them to a bowl game. When he took over at USF they went 2-10, 4-8, 8-5, 10-2. 10 wins being the first time in school history the Bulls hit double digit wins. The Oregon team, where you said he did a crap job, he took over a 4-8 team and in one season took them to a bowl game. So let's not act like he is taking over a powerhouse, Jimbo Fisher didn't even hang around for their final game last season. Taggart had to take over after Fisher stopped recruiting and really stopped doing much of anything towards the end of the season.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Not true..he raised his arm and was responsive
    Sounds bad tho

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Glad you quoted me. I never followed up with it. As for the arm raise, I didn’t see that but glad he was able to do it!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Has he not recovered from that battering by Bama in the first game last season? Not just physically but mentally?

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Na, it's not that.

I just don't think he's really all that good to begin with due to a lack of awareness, has no pocket presence, doesn't show a good feel for the rush, questionable decision making, does not feature that Winston like accuracy and overall just looks like an athletic WR trying to play the QB position.

Of course suffering an I believe ruptured patellar tendon and missing all of last year doesn't help but nonetheless I've always been on edge while watching this kid play QB and just never won me over despite a decent 2016 season.

13. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Syracuse stomped Florida State. I love Dino.

14. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Wow FSU sucks.

I guess that Florida blood and the speed you can only get in Florida is no match for Central New York blood and speed.

Hahahahahaaaa.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  15. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Must be slowing down in Florida, and that Florida blood must be flowing.

FSU, Miami, Florida and USF with embarrassing losses this weekend.

16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

With Ohio St. putting up 62 points (and winning) vs. Michigan today, I wonder if that might make Harbaugh more likely to leave Michigan for the NFL. It could work in our favor.

18. Leicester Jet

But do we really want "Kahki Pants?" Wasn't defence supposed to be his forte? Michigan just gave up the most points in its history. Also how much does Todd Bowles make as H/C? Harbaugh is on, I think, $7m at Michigan.

I'm also not too sure how he would get on with the New York media. Depends on how much that matters to our owners I suppose.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, Harbaugh was NOT a defensive coach. He played QB in the NFL for 14 years. During the last 8 years of his career, he was a certified unpaid assistant coach/offensive consultant for his father at Western Kentucky Univ. He was then the QB Coach for the Raiders during the 2002 and 2003 seasons under Bill Callahan. He then was the HC of the Univ. of San Diego (2004-2006), Stanford (2007-2010), and then the 49ers.

20. Leicester Jet

Sorry, my mistake, I assumed that because Michigan had this defence that they rely on, that Harbaugth was the reason for this. If he was an offensive coach, you have to ask why Michigan offensively is so poor, 25th in Rushing, 84th in Passing and 46th overall. He's been there since 2015, so he would have his own draft classes in place by now and I would have though that their stats should be better, particularly the passing ones.