#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I didn't mean it as political. It just shows where this organization's priorities are. It's definitely not what's happening on the field. This guy makes a PC publicity stunt and then buries his head in the sand when it comes to what really matters (it's a football team after all).

CBG likes this.
  2. McAllister

McAllister Active Member

I for one, do miss the Rex days. Kind of how you would miss a crazy EX though, dont want you back, but still think about the good times, and what couldve been.

LAJet likes this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Funny thing, fans used to rip Rex for loosing the locker room and for his incendiary comments. They loved Bowles ability to keep the locker room respectful and under control. Problem is, Bowles cant coach, nor instill discipline, and he sure as shit lost full control of his team, something Rex never did. Rex was a gridiron, not a leader, but capable to at least put together a game plan and adjust it on the fly. Hate to say it but football wise a country mile better than Bowles. Neither HC material, but TB has lost all credibility as any type of Coach in my eyes.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You miss the 2009-11 Rex days. The 2012-14 Rex days are basically the Bowles days, but with a louder, more emotional coach. :D

NYJFan10, ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

and, to think that mangini was fired for going, what, 9-7?

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I got your point.

Both Johnsons are the type that would rather cozy up to their employees and be seen as a "good buddy".

Neither are willing to make the tough decisions when it comes to managing a winning football team.

They are pushovers. What they need is an asshole Head of Operations that doesn't give a shit about being liked.

Kinda like Rollo Tomassi.

But way way smarter of course.

#2066 Acad23, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  7. mr nyjet

mangini was not liked,but he got way better results than bowles. ditto tom coughlin with the giants.
    and, of course,the hoodie up in foxborough. benched butler for the entire super bowl game.

you would never see rex or bowles bench a veteran like that.

and, a lot of people forget thet brick, and other mainstays of the 09-10 team were mangini's picks.

never thought i would miss him. but bowles makes that happen.

FJF likes this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Benching Butler in the SB was dumb. Kind of like when Belichick benched Welker for the opening series in the divisional game against us because Welker made fun of Rex before the game. Brady threw a pick on that series, and we went on to win. Even Belichick, as great as he is, does dumb stuff from time to time.

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Those two great years with Rex were all Mangini. He was a great evaluator of talent. Something the Jets haven't had since.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yeah, OK, but let's call a spade a spade. It's not as if I even disagree with you, but if someone else said it . . . WARNING! I think one my first posts in the game thread was good on Kelvin Benjamin for putting his hand over his heart during the anthem. I'm surprised it wasn't deleted or that I wasn't reprimanded. Just like the Jets, no consistency. Just an observation, not a criticism. So if politics aren't allowed, at least I can still shit on religion, which back in the day wasn't allowed and neither was profanity.

Ralebird likes this.
  11. 3HOLDINGCALLSONONEPLAY

Here are the signs of a clueless coach:

1. Center qb exchange is a problem. Its basic football, snapping the ball.
    2. Pre snap penalties. How many drives killed by dumb mistakes.
    3. No identity on offense and no attempt to build one.
    4. Unable to protect the qb. We r fortunate a foot injury is all darnold has at this point.
    5. Zero creativity on offense
    6. Coach who coaches scared and takes no risks. Punts down 2 scores with 4 minutes left.
    7. Still clueless on time management

ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  12. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Keep drinking the kool aid liberal

13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Wasnt all Mangini, Rex was a good coach when he had good players around him. Mangini was good at finding good players, but they still had to be coached.

I honestly wish Mangini could have stayed there with Rex and Tannenbaum in some form or capacity.....

I think what hurt Tannenbaum was the NFL lockout in, the Jets had come off the championship game and then were thrown into a position of a late draft pick with free agency still yet to be done....

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Okay guys, Petro made the necessary explanation. Don't turn his comment into another political fight.

CBG, jets_fan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

yes lets talk about what really matters and that is That Bowels is a terrible coach and that BOTH he and Williams look fat LOL

NYJFOREVER and Brook! like this.
  16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's not a political fight in the least. More do as I say, not as I do, but it's all good. Back on topic, the Jets should kicked off the top tier of the UD one by one. Good horror movie idea. I want to hear the body splats and then rate them as to how good the kills were. I need fun carnage instead of the real carnage that I saw today (writing screenplay).

17. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The defense played decently last week and he threw them under the bus. Players get fed up with the nonsense and the Jets reached that point today. You can honestly say every team in the NFL is playing at a competitive level except the Jets...even Cleveland. They made Matt Barkley look great. Let that sink in for a moment..

18. mr nyjet

he installs and enforces discipline. something the jets have lacked since walt michaels.

the tuna and mangini were the only other head coaches that players feared for their jobs......

ColoradoContrails and jets_fan like this.
  19. mr nyjet

they made brock osweiler look decent also. that's even more damning.....

20. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Part of me still wishes we could have seen them against Peterman. The immovable object vs. the unstoppable force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.