Darnold in Boot (Out against Cheats)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanDoc, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

as i said earlier. all sit routes. shitty playcall. not 1 receiver up the middle on a post or seam, nobody in the back of the endzone either. if we run a post or seam at least that gives darnold the option of throwing the ball away through the endzone or a jump ball in the back of the end zone

2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Remember when we used to laugh at Schotty making those types of play calls?

FJF likes this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I remember it more as swearing at him and breaking things

stinkyB, NY Jets68 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  4. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

The saddest part is he only needs to side step 1 more time before he engages and he makes the path to darnold too long.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out what happened to Sam. Is it possible he hit a Rookie wall? Look at the schedule so far:

Week 1 vs Lions: Threw a Pick-6, but looked pretty good. Defense took the pressure off.
    Week 2 vs Dolphins: Bad first half. Threw a couple INT, but almost brought the Jets back in the 2nd Half.
    Week 3 vs Browns: Had a 14-0 lead, but was handcuffed by the play-calling. Still drove team down to take a 17-14 late in the 4th.
    Week 4 vs Jaguars: Another handcuffed game. Didn't look great, but made some good throws.
    Week 5 vs Broncos: Played his best game, including taking some rare deep shots.
    Week 6 vs Colts: Another good game for Sam. It was as close as he has been to a shootout.
    Week 7 vs. Vikings: Didn't play great, but played a pretty good defense. Didn't seem overwhelmed to me.
    Week 8 vs Bears: Another handcuffed game. The Jets did not allow Sam to do much. Again he did not look overwhelmed despite defeat.
    Week 9 vs. Dolphins: Horrendous. Completely overwhelmed despite Miami being a terrible defense. Long was obviously an embarrassment and Bowles even more so for allowing Long to continue to play. Bates' playcalling was bad. His WR's did not get open for him either. So it was all a mess.

It is possible his poor play was due to a foot injury, but I don't think so. Maybe his brain is just in overload mode and he needs a break. He has had to process a lot since being drafted.

tiger8mush and Acad23 like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just think.. He hasn't come up against Belichek yet. Neither has Bates. Its not gonna be a pretty sight anyway you cut it.

tiger8mush and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

when you have to play from behind and your targets include roberts, peake, and tay your gonna have a bad time. add in the bad o-line and ebing a rookie trying to learn on the fly and it's not a great position for sam to be in

tiger8mush and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I'd still be pretty disheartened by this from Sam, and he's the one potentially bright spot on that offense right now.

I guess I'm not typically one for conspiracy theories for better or worse.

9. Hawk-o

Hawk-o Active Member

Sprained foot, shattered Ego. Darnold now officially a bust thanks to this regime.

Jets69 likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Even with the tamped down play calling...he still leads the league in ints.

He's better off sitting for a while.

He's not a bust...but the Jets can ruin anyone's career.

Cman68 and Jets69 like this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Especially when you figure in the cheat factor. Someone on this team should punch Tom Brady in the face and bloody him just because. Make that flag count and make a penalty real for once. Eat the fine. Some go fund me thing will far exceed what whomsoever is being paid.

12. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Back for more? Don’t take it personal. It was a joke.

joe likes this.
  13. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Jets don't want to take the chance of having Darnold lose to the Buffalo shitshow, as it will give his self-confidence another hit. I guess being benched by not being benched (wink, wink) should do wonders for his confidence.

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

INT #3 came on 4th and 15.
    INT #4 came on 4th and 10.

I will go to my grave believing this ...
    If this idiot we have coaching this team had punted on 4th and 15, Sam ends that game with 2 INTs and a W, and we're all talking about going into the BYE at 5-5. More than anything else, this team needs a new coaching staff, and if losing on Sunday gets us there faster I hope we lose 100-0

15. The Dark Knight

Truth Be Told!

Yeah, Darnold has 13 INT's but 6 came at the end of the Browns/Vikings/Dolphins games. 1 was the Pick-6 to start his career. So that is 7 of the 13 right there. I don't think Sam has a turnover issue. His issues are all the shit around him. Bad O-line, no weapons, terrible Offensive Coordinator, terrible Head Coach, etc. That is tough to overcome for a 21 year old rookie QB in the NFL.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

And in typical Jets fashion they are not only making it hard for him to succeed, but making it nearly impossible to improve. God, I hope they can Bowles, draft around Darnold and bring in an offensive guru. Mac can go at this point too. Four years and this is the product we have on the field.

17. The Dark Knight

Yep. I have been a big Maccagnan supporter, but the more I have looked at the team lately, I don't think he has done enough. His best players fell to him: Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, and Sam Darnold (despite trade up from 6 to 3, still fell IMO). We will see what happens after the season, but I don't think his job is safe anymore.

ColoradoContrails and KWJetsFan like this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He as a foot strain. Nothing wrong with the ankle. Misstep on a terrible field that was not in any condition for an NFL game.

stinkyB likes this.
  19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

This is completely wrong. Its not an either/or situation. Its very possible toilet Bowles is both lying *and* ill-informed.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We moved up to 3 to draft a mentally weak pussy to lead the team for the next 10 plus years. The GM and scouting department should be fired immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.