#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Listening to this clown on the Michael Kay show right now and i want to blow my brains out. “Everyone played bad! The qb. The OL. The wr. The Te. The LB. the safeties. The coaches” oh my god make it stop already!!! If everyone played bad that’s a direct indictment on you!

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Fire both please.

NYJetsO12 and dawinner127 like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

His coaching made the team stacked. He would win here. He wins everywhere he goes

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So we’re supposed to back up the brinks truck and make him gm/hc president of football operations.? Sure he is a good coach but come on. He hasn’t won any titles and is probably a better college coach with his personality.
    And those 9er teams were stacked with or without him

zace likes this.
  5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

There is no excuse for a head coach not understanding that you PUNT the goddamn football on 4th and 15
    from your own 42 in a one score game... with 2:41 left on the clock ... with 2 TOS and the 2 minute warning ... against a team that has done NOTHING against your defense all game.

The stupidity of that move is off the charts. Every other coach on earth punts the ball and pins Osweiller inside his 15 yard line ... or possibly worse if you get the right bounce. Your defense has been the best unit on the field by a mile ... for either team. Your offense has done nothing. And this genius thinks the right choice is to try to convert a 4th and 15 instead of leaving the game to your defense, force them to punt from inside the 15 and get the ball at midfield with 1:50 to go.

This is coaching 101!!!
    This coach is a fool and he never puts this team in the best situation to win.
    ENOUGH.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah but by that logic if they get the president right then there's a 100% chance he gets the other two hires right. So the mean outcome is the same but there's more variance.

FJF likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

The Niners were shit before they hired him and immediately became shit after they fired him despite having essentially the same roster. But with him they made 3 straight NFC championship games and were a play away from winning the Super Bowl. And he turned Alex Smith from a bust into a good starter and had a great run with Kaepernick. He'd be perfect for Darnold. There's no question about it, if he's available and willing to come here you hire him without a second thought.

8. FJF

As everything? Gm/hc nyj football czar? Don’t you think that’s giving him a bit too much?

9. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

I think he went for it because of every time he's punted in the 4th when he should've went for it. The irony is that this idiot went for it when this was the one time he should have punted lol. He's just so clueless at management, and we're once again an embarrassment.

10. truthbtold

You are exactly correct. This fool actually couldn't understand the difference between the previous scenarios, and this one.

That's simply incredible ... and all the evidence I need to want him out of here.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Don’t beat around the bush. Tell us what you really think.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

13. You bring back his old partner in crime & former jets scout Trent Baalke to be GM.The bad apple in san fran was Jed york..

14. HomeoftheJets

I would let him pick the GM, similar to Andy Reid in KC.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They were 3 for 16 on 3rd down!! Pinned deep they are going to run run run punt and make sam best them. Absolute asinine decision making from this guy.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. FJF

Yea, I don’t think he is worth giving that much power to.

17. HomeoftheJets

What do you want to do for next year?

18. truthbtold

I just can't believe how stupid that was ... except I can, because he's been doing it for years.
    If we simply execute a normal 48 yard punt, they are going to call for a fair catch around the 10, and if the D does exactly what it did, we'd get the ball near the 50 with almost 2:00 to score a tying TD. But we have a dope for a head coach, so we start at our 11 yard line instead.

What do you suppose the convert percentage is in the NFL on 4th and 15?
    Now ... what do you think it is for OUR offense??

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I said this in another thread...what this decision shows is that he's now second-guessing himself. and if he's doing that, it'll make everyone else do it too. He's not going to last much longer. That's the sign of a guy who knows he's lost.

SOJAZ and truthbtold like this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Bowles gets paid a salary for this?

The Johnson just throw away money...And there are people starving in the world...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.