#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

There comes a point when it is best for everyone to move on. The time has come. Bowles has not been helped by the drafting. That being said him and his staff has not developed people properly. Best example is Leonard Williams. He is supposed to be Aaron Donald and more looks like Sheldon Richardson. Jamal Adams has developed but I think he was going to anyway. Darnold is having what we expected with a rookie. Add in the injuries on offense and it has been tough. Plus Bowles keeps making the same in game mistakes. It's time for a different voice. The end of the season will be tough. It will only get worse with the same voice. Change the voice not that it'll be pretty at least some of the tension will be calmer.

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Would a loss to Peterman be the nail in the coffin we need to see?

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Of course this year is not about the record but it is about the development of Darnold. He is failing at that miserably right now and if the problem isn't fixed before long you'll have Sanchez 2.0

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Schottenhimer and Bates are probably besties

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe not one loss. But if we lose TWICE to Peterman and the bills, all bets are off.

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I think one is enough to be perfectly honest. Question is, will Christopher Johnson feel the same?

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

So keep a shitty coach like Bowles who has shown he is out of his league here for the sake of not having someone immediately available to replace? Newsflash, Bowles is Kotite reincarnated. You can’t get much worse than this guy. Based on your ideology, should the Browns of kept Hugh Jackson until the offseason? Its sad that the Browns have more hope and talent than this organization.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I woke up this morning hopeful that I would read that the Jets fired Bowles, but alas, no such luck. If Bowles isn't a "dead man walking", then the Johnsons need to divest themselves of this team because they truly are clueless.

NYJetsO12 and 94Abraham like this.
  9. Cman68

I'm not a big fan of SuperFan Chris. He is waay too much of a fan for my taste. In his role as CEO, he's gonna have to take his fan glasses off and make the tough decisions regarding this team's leadership going forward. If he's so much of a homer that he can't see what's in front of him on the field, or feels obligated to excuse it with the "rebuilding" excuse, this franchise is no better off with him than it was with Woody.

10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

One loss to Peterman should do the trick. He's statistically one of the worst QBs to ever play the game. Think of how great this year will look years from now when we can say we lost to Hue Jackson and Nathan Peterman.

NYJetsO12 and Harpua like this.
  11. Cman68

perish the thought...

jets_fan likes this.
  12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

On a certain level I think I almost embrace it. There couldn't be a more jet-like thing to happen this year than losing to the second-worst coach in NFL history and a guy who is making the case on a weekly basis to be the worst QB in NFL history.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Cman68

I look at it from the DP point of view. If we had a competent GM doing the drafting, I would really be all in on the tankless tank job that is 2018.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

On top of all the other great reasons to fire Bowles now, here's another one (as if it's needed!): Bowles is coaching scared. He's obviously heard the uproar about how stupid he's been for punting when he's down 2+ score late in games, so what does he do yesterday when he SHOULD HAVE punted? That's right, he went for it! Despite the fact that the offense had only converted TWO of 14 3rd attempts all day, he thought "Oh yeah baby! It's 4th and 15, we can make this!". His "D" had stopped Osweiler all day...if there was EVER a time he should've punted it and counted on his "D" to get the ball back - in good field position - it was then. But NOOOOOO! He heard all the complaints from those times when he SHOULD NOT HAVE punted it, and that tipped the scales for him.

He's second guessing himself, which is a sure recipe for failure. Of course, self-analysis and learning from your mistakes is the key to improving, but you can't perform when you're doubting your own ability, and it's clear that he is.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The funny thing is that every fan I know is pissed off about the state of the team. He seems more like a bad owner who is blind to the fact that his product is crap or that his company is falling apart around him than a fan.

16. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I am not arguing that he shouldn't be fired. I'm just saying that I can't see much upside in letting him go during the season when there is nobody on the Coaching Staff who could be taken seriously as an interim replacement.

TonyFtLaud and zace like this.
  17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The only way you'd probably let him go in the middle of the season is if he has truly lost the team or if his influence on the offense is actually causing Darnold to not develop. We're not in the locker room to know the answer to either.

18. Cman68

On top of that, you have to fire both Bowles and Macc. If you don't, then the only way you'll find a replacement HC is to extend Macc SEVERAL MORE YEARS. No way any coach comes here knowing his GM might get canned at the end of his first season.

19. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

My biggest fear is the Jets HIRING Hue Jackson because they lost to him.

20. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

This team desperately needs new ownership

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.