Week 6: Indianapolis Colts @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

#Jets⁠ ⁠ remain the league leaders in fewest receptions (3.0) and yards (33.4) allowed to tight ends per game.

Shows how good the coverage has been by the LB, And safeties

egelband and tubby like this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Doubt they pull off the "all-white" since the high temps aren't getting out of the 50's all weekend @seanofthedead

+1 . & . x53

egelband likes this.
  3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

4. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

They're doing it to honor Namath and the SBIII team. Sounds like you're doing your part

[​IMG]

egelband, Jets81, NYJFOREVER and 5 others like this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Prediction: Jets-16 Colts-7

6. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Would obviously like to see a better showing from the offense but this would be so cool if it happened

egelband and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Three field goals for Lachlan Edwards.

#87 twown, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

LOL.:mad::mad::mad:

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this game. Even though we won last week, they gotta put a win streak together and win at home on a consistent basis. The Colts are hungry as us for a win this week. This game is like an early playoff game for the 2018 Jets. Win and the Jets are 3-3 in the thick of the AFC playoff race, while raising their record at MetLife to 2-1. Lose and the Jets are a giant joke at 2-4 who loses twice as much as they win...1-2 losers on the road and at home.

#89 playtowinthegame, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    egelband and NY Jets68 like this.
  10. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Crowell hasn't practiced yet this week with an ankle injury. That's... that's just great.

11. playtowinthegame

I don't remember him hurting his ankle on any of his runs last week vs the Broncos. I was shocked to see the injury report with him on it. I hope he's good to go by game day. Like Steve Smith would say, ice up son, ice up.

egelband likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The football Coach at my old HS used to tell kids "to walk it off" hehehe

playtowinthegame likes this.
  13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

14. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Might wanna double check your math ...

15. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

Reunion Weekend for the 1968 Super Bowl Champ Team!!!!!! I will post whatever photos I get from my dad when he gets back from the reunion. He told me they have a lot planned this weekend for them. GO JETS!

16. playtowinthegame

Thanks for catching that. Hope that's not me subconsciously expecting a loss vs the Vikings the following week.

egelband likes this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Excellent! Are the attendees/retired players going out to eat somewhere before or after the game? It's not like I expect Woody the Cheapskate to pay for any of it ; ) Are you going to the game? I always thought it was so cool that someone on here is related (father/son in your case) to someone from that great team and that underdog win! One of only a handful of the Jets POSITIVE claims to fame, haha!

Can't wait for the pics! I already requested if someone going to the game can video the HT celebration and then post it. Hopefully someone will. I also shilled for a towel (lol), and again, I will gladly pay the postage (I'm looking at you @Royal Tee). Does your Dad still follow the team during the regular season(s)? Do any of the old players keep in touch during the year? Do you have any inside skinny on the Jets being dead to Matt Snell? The Jets are really and truly dead to him, and the real story behind it? He even ignored Boozer's attempts to contact him about the Ring of Honor, and every time a reporter has tried to interview Snell, he pretty much chased them away with a baseball bat. It's more than a rumor, but supposedly Hess or Kensil promised him some sort of role with the team in the personnel dept. or in some other vague capacity prior to his retirement, they dogged him, didn't deliver, and he developed such a deep-seated resentment that he basically spits on the ground every time the team is mentioned. He really hates them. It's such a shame, because he's one of my all-time favorite Jets and it makes me so sad. Maybe Snell thought it was racially motivated, who knows; but he refuses to discuss it.

Racially motivated, speaking of which, that's why Johnny Sample absolutely detested the Colts because they really treated him like garbage. They didn't even try to hide it. He was rightfully angry about it, had a huge chip on his shoulder, and the Jets taking out the Colts was sweet, sweet revenge. As loopy as Joe Namath is, he really protected that locker-room and was deeply respected by every black player on the team because he didn't tolerate that bullshit and kept race relations in serious check. I'm sure they said chit to each other, but if something was viewed as mildly out of line, he came down on it hard. Good on you, Joe. It's really not that well-known or talked about, but I'm sure your Dad can confirm. All that aside, it's pretty amazing how many players/coaches/personnel had such a strong Colts connection (a lot of defections and going back and forth). Oh, and F Don Shula, while I'm at it.

It would be so great if the Jets win this one for the obvious reason (winning! as Charlie Sheen would say), but also for the historical aspect. Best to your Dad. I know I said this is matt's countdown thread, but he really does look great. GO JETS!!!

-jeto

egelband likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Cowherd has got a great big man crush on Sam.

The Jets...not so much. And who can blame him.

He bet against our O-lines ability to deal with the Colts D-line.

I have to agree that's a valid concern.

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

20. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Which is interesting cause everyone on this site and their mothers had us dead to rites against Denver because of there D line, specifically Miller and Chubb, yet our Oline did great.

I'm more worried about what Luck can do to our banged up secondary.

Jets81 likes this.