Welcome New Jets Fans! - Introduce yo self

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Hello Biggs welcome to the meeting we are happy to have you .

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I was in Helsinki in the late 80's and had the pleasure of going up North to the lake region near the Soviet border. Nothing like a wood fired Sauna at 11 at night and a swim in the lake with a nice Finnish women, with the moon and sun out. It's almost as good as a Jets win against the Pats.

I actually have a set of littalia shot glasses. It always brings a smile to my face when I use them, mostly during the 2nd half of Jets games.

3. Watkin

Watkin New Member

Hi everyone.
    Massive Jets fan here. I've been a fan since 2006. I love the Jets and buy all their gear.
    I've never missed a game, including pre season since 2012.
    Other than 2009 and 2010, being a Jets fan has been tough. But I'll always love this team and never give up on them.
    Since I've been a fan my favourite year was 2015 - when Fitzpatrick, Marshall, Decker, and Powell carved up on offense and we were one game short from making the playoffs. I remember losing to Buffalo on our last regular season game. It was a game we had to win to make the playoffs. We lost and I was so disappointed.
    I'm a big football fan and I watch every Jets game as well as other nfl and college games. At the moment I also watch Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville, Carolina Panthers, Green Bay, Alabama, Louisville, Washington, and Ohio State.
    Also I've read this forum since 2014 and I finally thought I would join last week.
    I look forward to talking with you all. Currently watching Washington give it to Arizona State as I type this message on my phone.
    JETS Forever

4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

Brook! likes this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Welcome aboard buddy. Enjoy your time here. :)

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Welcome! It's great to know that despite our long history of heartbreak and futility that we still attract fans. You will find no front runners here, just dedicated followers who apparently have an endless supply of patience and hope. I'm going to take a guess that you're relatively young, so you have decades to look forward to. Here's hoping that they deliver more success than failure!

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm still wondering what yo self means.

Jetsfansince2015 and Jets81 like this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Welcome. What do you think of the Green Jets colorblend infinity scarf for 19.95?

9. Jetsfansince2015

From Hawaii. Grew up watching the Bears in the 80s. Lived in Spokane, WA from 99-01 and became a huge Seahawks fan all the way up to 2014 (15 yrs). I’ve watched SEA go from mediocre to hiring Pete Carrol and experiencing the rush of the Beast quake, and The Legendary “Legion of Boom”. Lost 2 SB, won 1 SB. Majority of my relatives live in SEA and I couldn’t stand that everyone of them “suddenly” became the biggest SH supporters and I Hated that!!

So I started following JAX for about 2 yrs and watched them go from trash under Gus Bradley then all of a sudden climb the ranks as being one of the premier teams (minus Blake Bortles).

Married the love of my life in 2015 and she is from Sleepy Hollow, NY. She would never watch JAX with me on Sunday and told me that her late father was the biggest JETS fan and if I converted over she would start watching football with me. My journey of finding the team I was destined to love has finally come to an end! And I know of no other islander that follows the JETS so I get them all to myself (weird but it’s how I feel). The excitement of watching a struggling team become the talk of the league is so ADDICTIVE. Thank you for letting me aboard on your beloved JETS fan base! J-E-T-S... JETS! JETS! JETS!

10. jetophile

Welcome aboard! Sleepy Hollow, yay! Horror movies, horror stories, and Halloween are three of my favorite things! I went to the Headless Horseman thingy/Pumpkin Blaze when it first started up years ago, and it was great. The last time we went, though, it was so crowded, we got aggravated and almost left (2011). And they stopped riding the horse! :/ The master storyteller guy (I forget his name offhand) did a good job telling the story in that antiquated Old Dutch Church back in the day. I think he still does it.

Yep, there it is:

https://hudsonvalley.org/events/irvings-legend/

and also:

http://visitsleepyhollow.com/things-to-do/great-jack-olantern-blaze/

GO JETS!!!

11. Jetsfansince2015

That is so cool @jetophile! Growing up I always thought Sleepyhollow was just a scary story and not a place. I also love the month of October and everything scary. Would have never thought as a 38-year-old I would find someone that loves those things as much as you and I. I also had no clue I would marry someone from the opposite side of the world and is completely opposite to everything I am (New Yorker & Hawaiian). She is fast, witty, and has zero tolerance for stupid people and stupid things. Me on the other hand am very mellow, laid-back, and have a high ceiling of tolerance for stupid people and stupid things (I guess I empathize with them ). But man she is incredible and am so grateful to the state of NY for molding her into the amazing woman she is!

12. jetophile

Well, you better watch out if you act up. She's from NY, and you could quite likely wind up on the receiving of this:
    [​IMG]

I am in no way making light of domestic violence, but it was so there, lol.

Jetsfansince2015 likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your having to give up your season tickets.

14. NCJetsfan

Welcome! Look forward to reading your posts.

15. NCJetsfan

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard! During my 16 years in New York, I lived in Tarrytown for 2 years and was less than a mile from Sleepy Hollow. I loved exploring the Hudson River Valley and being near Sleepy Hollow as I had always loved that story. I'm also a big fan of classic horror flicks. Can't stand the current ones that are all gore and technical wizardry. The story is everything.

16. Jetsfansince2015

That is hilarious @jetophile. Usually she runs circles around me so I can’t even compete or rebuttal... so I generally do what she asks cause 99.9% of the time she’s right

17. Jetsfansince2015

That is amazing @NCJetsfan. Man you and my wife would really get along. In the back of my mind Tarrytown/Sleepy Hollow seem so mystical, unreal, spooky, and magical all at the same time. It’s influence stretches all across the US and through the Pacific Ocean where the Legend of Sleepy Hollow was read/taught to me as an obscure island boy

18. jetophile

Sleepy Hollow is also called Sunnyside. Well, Sunnyside is actually Washington Irving's house, but the town name changed from Sunnyside to Sleepy Hollow long after Irving kicked the pail. There's also Sunnyside Queens. Don't go there without a knife. J/K. It's not bad at all.

EDIT & P.S.: Something I just remembered. It also used to be called North Tarrytown.

#478 jetophile, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. jetophile

If a tree falls in the middle of a forest and no-one is there to hear it, does it still make a sound? Yes. If a man talks to himself in the middle of a forest and his wife is not there to hear him, is he still wrong? Also a yes.

joe and Jetsfansince2015 like this.
  20. jetophile