This felt darn good

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 7, 2018.

1. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I don't think he got any sacks and neither did Chubb, but he batted down at least one pass and maybe more. Broncos batted down 4 passes by my count.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I still believe this team can get 7 to 9 wins, CS at times has held this team back, but this team regained momentum and now it's time to keep it for the next stretch of games. Gotta beat the Fins, gotta beat the Bills and Colts. MAYBE split the Bears and Vikings, I don't know if we win those 2 games, but winning in the conference is critical going forward. Losing 3 conference games early will be tough to overcome.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

There was definitely a lot to get excited about yesterday. It shows what our team is capable with consistently good coaching. The question is, if odd games like yesterday and the Lions game amidst all the losses cause the Jets to miss out on getting our future LT or a stud pass rusher in the draft next year, or if they save Bowles from being fired, will you be excited then?

4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I always wondered what they were saying there. I always thought it was, "Let's go D!" That's really clownish lol.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What if Jadaveon Clowney, Dante Fowler, Jr., Shane Ray, and Anthony Barr all hit FA (or 2-3 of them along with Lawrence)? Would you still want Lawrence, or would you rather have one of the others?

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Personally I'd take Lawrence over all of those guys as he's already got 5.5 sacks this season, but I wouldn't be upset if we got any of the guys you mentioned.

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

It gives me hope and glad we got Darnold. He was bombs away on Sunday and I hope we get someone that can help him get to that elite level. We could have him for 15 years playing like he did against Denver and that is a comforting feeling.

ColoradoContrails, Jets81 and Brook! like this.
  8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry have to disagree since the Pats won :mad:

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

missed a perfect opportunity to title the thread that felt darn(old) good :)

ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Be careful what you wish for. Sunday it worked out because Crowell had a great day and three big passes put points on the board. The problem is that you're wishing for a 45% completion rate for the next 15 years - that won't feed the bulldog and brings me no comfort whatsoever.

Brook! and boozer32 like this.
  11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Clowney or Lawrence. They are on another level.

boozer32 likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

IDK about you guys, but I think Clowney is very overrated as a pass-rusher. Dude makes plays here and there but not really the type that will generate pressure on every passing down. Now, Lawrence, that man is a beast, doubt we get him as the Boys will have cap space.

13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That is why I preface this post with getting a real offensive guy in here to get Darnold where he needs to be. Bowles will never be that guy and we will just be wasting time and years with him. This sprinklings of what could be is really just a delay to where they should have been by now.

ColoradoContrails likes this.