#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Unfortunately/fortunately, it's time to move on.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe if they didn't body slam that Jags receiver, the Jags wouldn't have took a shit on the Jets. Marrone got his pound of flesh and he should email it to Mehta for that hatchet job he did on him. Mehta was whining about it today in his article too. Seems that guy just can't let shit go. Oh well, Jags win, Jets lose another one.

Time to move on..

HomeoftheJets and dawinner127 like this.
  3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Can't say I blame Marrone. You don't want to be embarrassed? Look like you were prepared for the game and show up better than you did and that won't happen.

NCJetsfan and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  4. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

When the Jags were not killing killing time late in the 4th and snapping it with 15 seconds, I thought Marrone was a moron..Maybe Manish was right, he is a classless clown?

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I am definitely siding with the 'sour on Bowles' side now. It's as if he is just going through the motions of game-prep & when it comes down to hit the field....

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I’m glad he went for it. I wish the Jags would’ve gotten it. This Jets organization needs to be embarrassed. From top to bottom they are too content being losers

7. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Apparently you missed Darrin Lee and Jamal Adams saying this year is the start of a nre day in Jets land..Bring the good times on!!

phubbadaman likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How is Bowles gonna publicly berate his players for their lackluster play when that is a direct reflection on him? After all, it is HIS responsibility to have them ready to play, and to make sure that they're inspired, play hard, and don't beat themselves with stupid penalties and sloppy play. Bowles is reaping what he has sewed and what reflects his personality...slackness, too much calmness, acceptance of stupid mental errors and penalties, etc. He could have said that Marrone's going for 2 was a classless thing to do and that the Jets would remember it, but he isn't that fiery. IMO Rex's bluster and buffoonery is almost preferable to Bowles comatose behavior and attitude. I despise him. I wish one of the players would get mad at him and knock him flat on his ass. Maybe that would light a fire inside him, but I doubt it.

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Whatever, if you don't want to be embarrassed then figure out a way to stop an offense from gaining 500 yards on you.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

This is a truly amazing post. They are 3-16 overall, with the 3 wins averaging a 4-point margin and coming against teams that won 2 or fewer games. I wouldn't have thought that was possible for any team to do.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This post actually deserves its own thread... So far, this is the Post of the Year!

CBG and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Mac and Bowles shiuld be changed to Mac n Cheese. With the exception of Sam and Williams, MacCagnan is pretty much batting zero. As to Sam, my biggest fear was that they would ruin him (Sam). Not really in a David Carr type way, but that they would get him killed. That could quite realistically be on the horizon. I never wanted Sam to start. I was adamant and consistent about that all along. Not exactly something that I enjoy crowing about. I'm surprised that the has Sam regressed thread hasn't been dragged out. Yet.

Gonna say it again, should have sat him out at least until the latter part of the season. If by game 6 or 7 Darnold is really getting physically demolished, you have to yank him. It will be a PR disaster for the FO, but they're a PR disaster anyway, so frig 'em. It's not about lack of confidence in Darnold (which of course many will see it that way), it's about protecting your investment - which they should have done all along. Whether or not it bruises Sam's confidence a bit is another matter, but I'm sure that he will realize it was for his own protection. If it happens, it's a drect indictment of Mac n Cheese. I like Bowles although I have issues with him. I really wanted him to succeed, but it looks like that ship has sailed. A shame for him, a shame for my freaking physical and mental health.

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Great post! Thanks!

Well this really sharpens the picture. It's almost impossible for the Johnsons to ignore the incompetence of Bowles now. Abysmal road record; continuance of same in-game shortcomings; lack of aggressiveness and/or understanding of game dynamics shown by kicking a FG down 3 scores and punting down 3 scores under 5 minutes.

The ONLY thing that I can see keeping Bowles in the job for the moment is no good option available to replace him. So for we fans we'll get to endure many more games like for now. That's like knowing every week that you have oral surgery scheduled and having to wait for it. IDK if having to endure that is worse than having to endure putting Dennison or Green in charge for the duration. A perverse side of me kind of wants Bowles to have to go through the hell of coaching and lving with his resultsi - why should he get off the hook?

Barring a miracle, it feels like another lost season.

CBG likes this.
  14. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

It's hard to justify Bowles remaining as the head coach. Outside of what everyone has already, you can't have Defensive head coach and then have the defense put up the poor display they did yesterday.

Time to find the next young offensive minded coach. Go pull someone off Andy Reid's staff.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Our Beloved Jets and the vaunted Defense " New Jack Ass City " and our Defensive Guru of a head coach gave up 8 individual plays that went for 20 yards or longer and I believe there was a 9th to Westbrook that got called back because 2 Jags players (ASJ being one ) not being set / false start = this is just mind blowing when they had 10 days to prepare.

16. One eye

One eye Member

Do you know Bowles’ record off bye weeks? The more time he has to prepare the worse it gets.

17. One eye

One eye Member

An observation:

I don’t think Bowles lacks the fire or the balls to win. His resume as a player certainly contradicts that label.

I just think he’s a good soldier, not a general. A good soldier prepares and works their tail off. He blames performance, execution, and effort for losses. He doesn’t celebrate victories cause it’s just a job. They only know the battlefield.

A general on the other hand doesn’t look at the fault of the soldiers. He looks at the position he put them in and criticizes the strategy. He learns from that error and works to make sure it doesn’t repeat by making changes. Not by sitting idling and hoping or pushing for better.

That’s the difference. Bowles is a great soldier. Mac a talented GM but the organization has no general.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Great analogy!

19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I called the NYJ today and left a message. I said that this team under this coach was a worst embarrassment then Rich Kotite's Jet Team. I also said, that TB maybe a good person but he is a "clueless HC" and the team record under him proves it.

there is a 1-800 number on JETS.com

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

At this rate, he won't survive the season. For being down 2 scores, he was way too conservative. These are mistakes he has made in the past and apparently he has not learned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.