#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I still would like to know why our incompetent DC can not figure out nor plan for shallow passes in the middle of the field. We got bitched slapped with our defensive schemes all day long. Massive incompetence.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

They can" plan "all they want to but when your linebackers are bad and can't cover " Brook " on a slant or a crossing pattern ,its over. But rest easy as Todd and the Jets actually prepared for this and to quote Todd " they expected this " which leads me to say " can you imagine how good Dede Westbrook and the rest of the Jags WR's would have looked had we NOT BEEN PREPARED "

LAJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

Bowles still doesn't know how to manage the clock or make any game day adjustments in his 4th year now. He needs to be fired and replaced with an offensive head coach. No more former DCs.

4. Tamba_Trio

Tamba_Trio Active Member

I kinda felt like I'd seen yesterday's game before. The whole turning up for a road game, being a complete disaster, and getting thumped. Even down to the "why would you punt it?" quittery.

So I went back and had a look at all our regular Sunday road games since Bowles took charge. I ignored two Sunday games - v Miami in 2015 (as it was played in London) and v the Giants in 2015 as it was at Metlife. But in ordinary Sunday afternoon road matches, here's how we've got on:

@ New England L23-30
    @Oakland L20-34
    @Houston L17-24
    @Buffalo L17-22 (the win and in playoff game)

@Kansas L3-24
    @Pittsburgh L13-31 (2 scores down, 7 mins left in the 4th and we punted from midfield)
    @Cleveland W31-28 (Hooray! A win. Although we were 20-7 down at halftime against a 1-15 team).
    @Miami L23-27
    @San Fransisco W23-17 (Hooray! Another win! This time against a mighty 2-14 team! Bryce Petty leads us back from an 11 point deficit to win in overtime)
    @New England L3-41 (This is the time we became the first team since 2008 to kick a field goal whilst down 40+ points)

@Buffalo L12-21 (4 mins left, 9 points down and we punted from our 44)
    @Oakland L20-45
    @Cleveland W17-14 (Hooray! We scraped a win against an 0-16 team! And us going in at the half 3-0 up was one of the great robberies of all time)
    @Miami L28-31
    @Tampa Bay L10-15
    @Denver L0-23
    @New Orleans L19-31
    @New England L6-26

@Jacksonville L12-31

We've played abysmally EVERY SINGLE Sunday road match under Bowles. Not once have we shown up looking remotely prepared. And as for the whole punting thing when down 2 scores in the fourth... that was the THIRD time the Jets have done it. It's failed spectacularly every time. Against the Steelers in 2016, they sauntered up the pitch and scored a TD. Against the Bills in 2017, the Jets didn't get the ball back till after the 2 minute warning (when they were out of timeouts). And yet, they still did it yesterday.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I have been stating this for months...it's a Con game by Bowles A Con game by Mac

AND YES A CON GAME By THE JOHNSONS

Who retires 5-11 (2xs) Garbage?

Who puts out "no mandate for playoffs"??? The Rooneys? The Mara s?

IF ANY OF YOU THINK BOWLES etc ARE NOT TAKING ADVATAGE here you are just dumb or completely naive

WORSE The billionaires who own this jalopy are soft and clueless BUT higly manipulative of the sucker fans who buy the TIX and also into their lies

#1286 NYJetsO12, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

THIS IS TRUELY AMAZING,,nice work

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

"I don't know why"

This is not leadership. You don't want to call players out publically all the time, but the way our players are playing its time.

Why are receivers running free? Blown assignments and poor coverage. Just fucking say it. Let the players know its on them when they play like shit. He really needs to go.

Jets81 likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

BUT according to Bowels = " they expected those slants and prepared for that ". Bowels supporters have to come out from under their rocks and go find BIGGER rocks to hide under !

9. Great post.This was one of the things we were hoping would improve under Bowles as road play has been awful since basically Herm.Same w self inflicted wounds,over emphasis on defense & conservative play not to lose tactics.Everyone of these facets have arguably gotten WORSE under Bowles

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Seriously.

Even if he doesn’t call anyone out by name he can say something to the effect of “in that situation it’s the LB’s job to drop back in coverage etc etc....and we weren’t getting that done”.

Even scarier if he really doesn’t know why it was happening.

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I was wait and see on Bowles but after the Field Goal and Punt it is really hard to defend him.

CBG and dawinner127 like this.
  12. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Someone said it earlier, it is almost like Bowles expects the defense to score more than the offense. It is laughable.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

This is his legacy:

[​IMG]

Snapping the Browns historically bad losing streak.

We’ve had some horrendous coaches, and Bowles is right down there with the worst of them.

ColoradoContrails and fggrimes like this.
  14. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I feel like this is the second "Bowles has lost the pulse of the team" saga we're going through. Happened in 2016 so they purged the roster in the off-season, now happening again 2 years later. Fool me once, etc etc.

15. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

Marrone going for 2 at the end of the game is unfortunately understandable based on why the Jets wanted him then changed their mind after a article from a second rate reporter named Mehta.
    The bigger problem is Bowles not attempting in public to show some frustration over the move and say publicly that his players were beaten and embarrassed and deserved to be disrespected, this is what comes from uninspired play, you get 0 respect and that they deserved the shot that Marrone gave them.
    Bowles answer that I don’t coach that team pretty much sums up his capability to light a fire under his own teams ass.
    I don’t want to hear what he might say in the lockeroom, that team deserves a shot in public.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

I too want Bowles gone before he ruins Sam's confidence to the point of no repair. This situation reminds so much of what went down in St. Louis/LA with Goff in his rookie year and Fisher as his coach.. Goff didn't look anything like a first pick of the draft with that coaching staff. And when they got McVay look what happened. Same thing in Chicago with Trubisky and Fox who they replaced with Nagy. Now both teams have young offensive minded HC who let QBs throw the damn ball and makes the gameplans accordingly.

One thing I wonder though, who would replace the incumbent? Would it be someone within our organization, and if so, who? And how hard is it to get someone like Jim Harbaugh or Urban Meyer out of their college programs during the season? Does that ever happen?

Other thing that worries me is beyond this season.. If Bowles is our coach come next year, how is our pull in free agent market even when we have lots of money to throw around? Would the players come to play for him?

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sam Darnold => David Carr/Joey Harrington if things don't change radically.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Geeeezus.... I was EXPECTING the JETS offense to be manhandled by the JAGS, but that defensive performance was inexcusable. Look..... there goes Dede Westbrook again..... :confused:

CBG and jetsclaps like this.
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well, I was in the stands and was saying "What an asshole!"....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.