#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Offensive game planning is a part of Bowles' job as well. what is your point

2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I love to hate him ... period ... stop

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Maybe, but not worth more than Mahomes.

legler82 likes this.
  4. Jetsfansince95

I was being sarcastic ...

5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Lost in all this is that the Jets might have pulled another Bledsoe/Brady incident.

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What did getting better QB play did you miss. Did it ever occur to you that Mayfield played great and Darnold didn't having nothing to do with the coaching? Maybe Mayfield right now is miles better than Darnold. I suspect Darnold was the third best QB on the Jets during the preseason. They made a decision to develop him at the expense of team performance. That's why TB was traded.

BB is a much better coach with Tom Brady than he was with either Vinny T or Bledsoe.

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sorry. Missed it.;)

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yeah Belichick is better with Brady SMH what the hell does that have to do with Todd Bowles who has been a loser with every QB he’s had?

And did you just say that how a quarterback plays has nothing to do with coaching? What???

KurtTheJetsFan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Biggs, what do you feel that Bowles is doing well and makes him deserving of his position?

10. Jetsfansince95

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

That's a fair question. He deserved to become an NFL HC because he worked his ass off and was successful and worked his way up the line in the NFL. He was the NFL assistant coach of the year before the Jets hired him the vote wasn't close. He was terrific making half time adjustments for the Cardinals in 2014 and 2015. He has a great temperament. He is well respected by players and coaches across the league. He obviously deserved to become an NFL HC. That doesn't mean he deserves to keep it if he can't adjust and grow into it.

I watch a ton of NFL football. Since the new CBA was put in place it has become a nightmare for head coaches across the league to create disciplined teams. Very young rookies are being drafted and forced to play because the cap is designed that way. The ones who don't wash out are getting paid or moving on. There's very little continuity in most rosters. Practice time including contact practice is practically none exsistent.

The teams that win consistently usually have a top end elite QB on the roster. Bowles has never had that. Lets face it he got the job because the team was in complete disaray. They had a pretty good first year. This years team made a decision to start SD to develop him. I believe they are doing that because having him ready to go next year while under a rookie contract gives the Jets a great chance to put a great team around him before he gets a cap killing deal. See the Rams as an example. TB was clearly better than Darnold and McCown right now is probably better than Darnold. That tells me we are sacrificing wins to get to the next level next year. That means what this team does in week 10 through 16 matters not games 1 through 3. We need to see progress.

I happen to love Mike Tomlin. He's teams are penalized, they have issues all over the place. They also have a playmaking stud QB and play very lose in-spite of the fact they completely lack any discipline.

I thought the team has played hard in all 3 games. Darnold was awful the last two games. In spite of that the team had a good game plan against Cleveland and executed it until late into the third quarter. they had the lead on the road in a short week into the 4th quarter. Mayfield played great. People seem to think a great QB can be stopped by a good Head coach. Sometimes. Coughlin did it with 2 weeks to prepare twice. Lots of times the QB makes a huge difference in outcome. Coughlin is going to be a HOF HC in my opinion.

I watched the Chicago Green Bay game. Chicago had a good game plan. It went out the window when their D got tired because Tribusky couldn't get anything done. Guys were winded in the 4th quarter and Rodgers suddenly got hot.

Most NFL game are a hot mess of mistakes, penalties, dumb time outs, etc, etc., etc.. Veteran players in a couple of key spots are the difference. Granted coaches put them in position or they don't.

I would love to get Harbaugh or a proven quality head coach. I'm not willing to blame Bowles for being asked to win with journeyman 2nd tier QB's and now a rookie.

Do I think he's a good Head Coach. I don't really know. I do know that ownership has hired and fired a bunch of coaches and GM's with less than spectacular results. I think Sam Darnold has the goods but he's very young and needs to play. I'm glad they are playing him and sacrificing some wins to do it. I suspect Bowles has a lot to do with that decision. That took some guts because his job is on the line.

I saw 2 great game plans in 3 games. I saw a hot QB against a struggling QB beat us late in the 4th quarter. I don't see that as a coaching issue. It's football every week in the NFL.

I think Bowles is smart and steady. He was a terrific DC. I think the young core needs that. I think changing it right now for someone who isn't a slam dunk proven upgrade would just set us back again.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Biggs ...please enjoy your opinion of Toilet B

I would much rather "be set back 8 times" with "someone who isn't a slam dunk" than to continue having him show poor coaching and game plan decisions...in other words myself and 20 other people on the Gang Green KNOW for sure what and who he is ..you obviously are watching something else ..hey that's OK

Sorry but Bowles is neither "smart nor steady " Three seasons of his mess shows that but you focus ONLY on who he has to work with??

So if Harbaugh shows up for us tomorrow or "a proven quality head coach" you are ditching your hero Todd Bowles???? Shame on you!!!!!! AhahahahahahHa

BTW I hate the Steelers and hate Tomlin...better than Bowles ...but overrated imo

#1232 NYJetsO12, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply, Biggs.

I know there are a number of us who don’t agree, but I can see your logic.

Personally, I want to see all of the penalties, immaturity, and missed opportunities cleaned up on this team. I also want to see Darnold develop. If he can manage that throughought this season, then I can almost see them justifying keeping him.

Full disclosure, I’d really like to see an offensive mind helming the team. It feels like we’ve been all in on defense for way to long and it’s only achieved results a handful of times. It’s also not the most exciting football to watch. With the cap situation, It feels like the stage is set for someone who can develop Sam and build an offense around him to come in and make wholesale and potentially very positive changes to the organization.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

#1233 Jets81, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's different, Mayfield was going to be the Browns' starting QB anyway. Actually I think he was going to start the second half of the game even if TT didn't get hurt. Whereas if Bledsoe hadn't gotten hurt, Brady might never have gotten a chance to start for the Pats at any point in his career.

egelband likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

How many different or new players or better how many new assistant coaches does Bowels need to replace before we realize that its " not everyone else , it's him "

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

That might not be true. I don't follow the Pats (obviously) but I have a lot of relatives and friends in the NE area who do. To a person, they said BB was getting fed up with Bledsoe's lack of production and was going to make the switch to Brady in short time anyway.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I didn't say that. You said I said it.

18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but the Jets injured the starter and forced a backup into the game who is unlikely to ever give up the reigns.

There are parallels, especially if Mayfield goes on to dominate.

19. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

I love Todd Bowles, I think he's doing the best job.

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

“In true love there is no heartbreak. A broken heart means broken demands, broken expectations, broken hopes.”

― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
    I guess that explains it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.