Well Boys. What do we do from here?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 21, 2018.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

This is deflating. And if not for week 1, I'd say we are exactly where we were expected to be. But a few things became apparent last night...

1) Our coaching staff has got to go. It's the same issues every year. No adjustments, no aggression, stupid penalties. Our head coach is not growing and not learning. Our offensive coordinator should be fired today in my opinion. When you see Baker firing missles and the momentum shifting, you don't curl up in fetal position and play not to lose. You slam on the gas and try and put it away as soon as possible. But instead, we curled up like children, sucked our thumbs, and cried ourselves to sleep.

2) This is not on Darnold. He was the victim of a losers approach and he was given no opportunity to come back what so ever. My view of him has not changed one iota.

3) We're headed to Jacksonville and will be 1 - 3. That's fine. But I am looking at Bowles more than anyone else. Will he show some intensity for once in his life? Will we call offensive plays like we're afraid of our own shadows? Will he send a message and bench Robby for fumbling twice in two weeks? And we're not talking about fumbling where the defender made a nice play. We're talking about horseshit ball security, and lazy who the F this twig thinks he is nonsense.

And lastly, unless any of the above changes Bowles and his entire band of idiots better be fired. If it means we have to fire Mac to bring in a new GM to select a coach so be it. But make no mistake, this job will be very attractive. #1 in cap space, 2nd year top pick QB, a solid defensive foundation. There will be no shortage of interest in this job, and it reminds me a lot of the Jeff Fischer to McVeigh Rams.

I have no doubt brighter days are ahead. But it depends on if our ownership realize what needs to be done. And I can at least say, I have more faith in Christopher than Woody.

We deserve better than this. This is lazy. This is not a winning culture. Week 1 is a long lost memory, that our coaches failed miserably to capitalize on.

Bowles. All eyes on you. Get it done or get the hell out of town.

Sincerely,

A pissed off Jets fan

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we play the season out. week 1 got out hopes up but we all knew going into this season it was a wash. we just want to see young talent develop. rookie QB behind a shaky o-line and no pass rusher. next year i think is a playoff or bust year. we have a good number of picks. IIRC every pick minus a 2nd and add a 3rd. and about 100mil to spend on FAs and it's a great year to land a pass rusher as a FA. draft some o-line. hope darnold progresses and get a real shot

3. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

jump off a bridge

jetophile likes this.
  4. TurkJetFan

the issue is if our HC is not making progress in his own right, does it even matter what next year is with this shit at the helm?

5. TurkJetFan

You don't have to like it. Doesn't make it any less true.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

8. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Bowles? Intensity? Man, I love your optimism, but I’ve seen people who’ve been lobotomized and dosed with thorazine show more fire than our HC. Not sure what lights this guy’s fire, but it doesn’t seem to be football.

Leicester Jet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Haha, you beat me. Damn it. I swear, I came in here to say that very thing. What is it they say about great minds? I forget.

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, since we're in year 2 of a generational rebuild, I think we should look at our entire structure and figure out where we keep going wrong. That's gonna mean Chris Johnson will have to take his Fan hat off and put his Owner's hat on. He's gonna have to do a real deep evaluation of the team from a purely performance prism and be willing to make drastic changes both in the hierarchy and the structure of this team. Failing that, we'll always oscillate from mediocre to suck and back to mediocre.

11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

IMHO this coaching staff is incapable of getting better... there has been no improvement in this team since last year. If mr Woods is smart he would fire the HC put in an intermin because this team needs a MAJOR wakeup call... they are play uninspired, undisciplined ball and this is going on 4 years now.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. I think this is alittle different than in the past bc we ARENT in complete ruins.The talent is decent,the finances are decent ill even grit my teeth & say i THINK ownership under CJ is decent.

The missing piece is coaching.Discipline,innovation & most importantly a scoring mentality.Its time to leave the “win with defense” model in 1991 where it belongs.

This will be a different sort of coaching search.The team is not scorched earth.It needs fine tuned direction & modernization

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

To be clear, he's not telling YOU to jump off a bridge. He's just giving general life advice. If you don't have a twisted sense of humor with this team, you'll never survive. The Tappanzee is looking pretty good right now.

14. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I think we come to grips with the reality of YET ANOTHER rebuilding year, this time with the hope that the QB of the future is already on the roster. 2018 season has to be all about Darnold's development, period. He's going to have plenty of games like last night. Just have to suck it up and look past it as part of the process.

Next year's first rounder should be spent on O-Line or Pass Rush. Much of the cap room should be dedicated to addressing whichever of those 2 needs are not adequately addressed through the draft. Oh and BTW - we need to go through our 4 year cycle of firing and hiring a HC. Hope to God there is a good one available who wants to coach this mess.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. FJF

Seriously though, that was a bad look and all we can hope for going forward is they right the ship. Stop handling sam with kid gloves and let him sling it past 5 yards. And be aggressive with the lead on D.
    Last nite was so bad from a coaching standpoint that I can’t even try to understand the rationale behind it .
    I’ve said from the beginning of the season Bowles will be judged by the journey not the destination. Right now it looks pretty rocky

All Gas No Shake, ouchy and Cman68 like this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

bowles was awful yesterday. no doubt about it. plenty of blame to be passed along. but you judge on a season not a game. and we do have some glaring holes teams will expliot

boozer32 likes this.
  17. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

18. TurkJetFan

And looking at his total seasons including to date, the issues have been the same for 4 years. So how many times do we need to see it before we accept it as truth?

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

You mean the Mario Cuomo Bridge? ;)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. FJF

I think we’re past that
    [​IMG]