17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am in. I paid 40 in lot 27. The lady said this lot and the parking garage next to the izod take cash. Jets said all the lots. Bottom line is my lot takes cash I don’t have to ever deal with stub hub. Btw the service road is right next to the exit of the lot so it’s great

CBG likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I tried to pay cash for Lot K(Orange) I got denied. Parked at Redds. Just wanted to add a data point to emphasize the point you are making.

CBG likes this.
  3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

So it’s only 27 and garage by izod. At least there’s an option to parking pass. Lot 27 never gets crowded till noon but there are 2 lots closed by that are closed for construction so it’s prety packed now. I

CBG and LogeSection2RowJ like this.
  4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Correct. Entering over by the Giants’ building they don’t take cash, plus there is security guys prescreening before you can turn in to where the booths are. I asked the parking lady too, and she said if you don’t have a parking pass, they loop you out of there and over to the Murray Hill Parkway lot. No mention of the Izod lots, but no one there is fully aware of everything. Glad to know now about the Izod option, though I doubt I’ll use it.

CBG and Brook! like this.
  5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't have plans to attend more then 2-3 games. I can't take the atmosphere anymore. 30 something kids there for the tailgating and sun. Nobody watches the game, up and down all day. Not exactly news, we knew this, but I figured maybe yesterday it would be an old school crowd for once. Never gonna happen, its over. Good thing was not as many Dolphin fans which was nice. I am so glad i gave up my season tickets. I put 10 hrs into the day yesterday, sweat my ass off and sat in seats wide enough for myna Indians and once again the Jets failed to deliver. I am no less a fan sitting home, its a young mans game, I am 59 and last night I went to bed at 8:30 and I slept to till 6am. And if the Jets would actually make it worthwhile it would be fine but they never do and the crowd blows chunks. But hey, I had the honor of paying $40 cash to park in a lot that looks like a garbage dump. Ok, I feel better. CBG this post was for u

6. LogeSection2RowJ

Let me throw in an extra complaint: They gotta add more entrance points. The entire south side of the stadium that faces most of the parking should be turnstiles (I know, they're not really turnstiles any more) With all the costs we incur, there shouldn't be a 25 minute bottleneck to enter. We thought we left early enough to get in this time too.

314 - I had plenty of Dolphin fans near me, and I sat in two different locations yesterday. The wife and I had to get in the shade for the second half. To add insult to injury, when the game ended I got razzed by a Marino jersey-wearer for picking up an extra flag that someone left behind. I hate those Dolphins fans. Jets let us down again.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I took the ramp out of the game. There must be 12 ramps to get to the bottom and of course its gets more crowded as you go down. Took me 20 minutes to get to the bottom. If the jets ever sell out a game, its gonna be hell. Just another reason to stay the fuck home.

8. HorribleEverySingleSeason

I'm in that age bracket that you saw and I dropped my seasons as well. Couldn't stand going to the games anymore and it's people of all ages that annoyed me. The drunks who can't contain the alcohol are the absolute worst (I like to drink as well but I don't act like an ass hat when I do) Also absolutely hate dealing with a ton of away fans as well. So god damn annoying.

The traffic and parking blows and you gotta pay to sit through that and then a shit game as well. I've been a Jets fan my whole life but dropping my season tickets was the best thing I've done as a fan of the team.

Having people over to watch the game and cooking food and drinking and not dealing with traffic and morons blows away the experience of sitting in that dump of a stadium. Despite the loss it was the most fun I've had watching the Jets in years.

I never thought I would end up saying that but overpaying for tickets all these years and sitting next to fans of the away teams who paid less than me to get into the building will do that to you. Wish I dropped them years ago.

CBG, sec314 and Brook! like this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Never had any problems at The Old Dump getting in or out whatsoever. Our required parking passes (which our legendary tailgate/we were initially all mad about) gave us the opportunity to park whenever we wanted. Just looked for the traffic cone on top of the car to find our party, lol. You could literally show up after the game started and still be able to breeze in. We all parked in Lot 4K and getting to Route 120 was easy as pie. We didn't have a much of a problem with our Yellow passes in The New Dump, but after reading some posts elsewhere as to the 'game day experience', with parking, ugh. I'm just gonna parachute the fukk in there a few times this year instead. Not dealing with it. I was looking into training it in, but it's not possible for it to work for me.

Before the parking pass thing started, all you had to do was pay $10 bucks cash to park anywhere. No, not at Shea. Then it went up to $15. No pass, just cash. The Jets parking cost went up to $15 to keep the NJ Devils from defecting to Tennessee. Fukk Quasimodo Lemieux, while I'm at it. Then the parking pass thing started, $25, but lifers had privilege just for being lifers. And now . . . we don't matter at all.

I'm not paying more for a pass than a ticket. Eat shit, Jets FO, because you just know that they're manipulating the market somehow. That, and forcing people to go digital because you want to present yourself as environmentally friendly for going paperless. I never 'went green' in The New Dump, pay for postage you assholes, that's right. You fukking owe me.

What if you're pushing 80 (like me), and hardly do anything online? Oh, except complain about the Jets and mismanagement from top to bottom. Any word how the phone thing went? I hope people threw their phones and said fukk it - even if they made it to the cow stable to get in to the game. Ask me if I'm bitter. Go ahead, ask me. Yeah, I'm bitter. I sing hate, hate, hate, hate (horns), hate, hate, hate, hate Woody Johnson, oh, hate Woody Johnson, hate Woody Johnson. Hate, hate, hate (horns), hate, hate, hate, hate Woody Johnson, hate Woody Johnson, hate Woody Johnson, hate (horns) hate, hate, hate. I sing it to the tune of 'Shake Your Booty' by KC & The Sunshine Band. It's how I roll. I almost wish I was getting buried instead of cremated when I kick the pail just because my epitaph would absolutely kick ass. Substitute it, you can do it very well! Hate, hate, hate, hate, Woody Johnson. OK, now I have to find it.

I hope this song runs in a loop in everyone's head for all eternity.

#19569 jetophile, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    CBG and Brook! like this.
  10. snoballz

snoballz Member

I brought two cell phones with the Jets app so I can have both (I have two separate STH accounts) logged-on so I wouldn't have to log one off and sign into the other. Well, because of the sunlight and whatever else, the scanners could only read the first of the the two barcodes on each phone. So now I have one seat as marked in attendance on one account and another seat in the other account. I have to contact the Jets to get my points. However, that is besides the point. This mobile phone scanning thing is crap!

I then realized I could still use my STH cards/passes. I thought those things were invalid!

11. LogeSection2RowJ

“ I have to contact the Jets to get my points”

Oh brother. If I still had my seasons, you're damn right I’d want my well-deserved, hard-earned points. Glad I don’t have to think about point totals - other than the Jets only earning 12 yesterday.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 I literally just saw and read thru these and I feel for you brother ! I have never ever looked back and regretted it and I understand exactly what you are saying. I still have 8 guys that go to games who kept their tickets and they are all that is left of " MY " tailgate which was between 20 and 30 every week for years but I stray ,,,,,so these guys specifically a friend and his son who is now 30 yrs old asked me repeatedly for months IF I was going to opening day / The Dolphins and not once did I ever flinch or consider it,,,zero regrets. Sorry you had a long crappy day 314

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Its been a few days = F U Woody !

14. jetophile

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, That's all I have to say about that.

CBG likes this.
  15. jetophile

What was those way white things people used to dance to at weddings? The chicken dance. The Hokey-Pokey. The Locomotion. Hey, Macarena. No love for 'Hate Woody Johnson'? I'm losing faith in humanity.

#19575 jetophile, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    CBG likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You left out the more recent " The Wobble" but no matter how you slice it F U Woody = I will post and say it multiple times daily if necessary to get this to 1000 pages. Also it feels so good to not only say it but to see it in print !!!!:)

17. jetophile

I said what was those and tried to edit out my Queensese/Manhattanese, but I was too late so I left in all its glory. You always somehow revert to your roots in a momentary lapse of reason. I says, I says, and he says to me, I'm not that bad, but it happens. A friend of mine cracks up all the time when I talk to him on the phone. "Your NY accent, it's comforting, but Holy Shit." "What accent, bitch? At least I'm not from Lawn Gisland like you. Fukk off, you're good for dawg and cawfee and oh my Gawd." "Point taken." "I win, fucko."

CBG likes this.
  18. jetophile

That's atrocious. Ugh. I'm jaded, but my guess is that they didn't want to give you points for both seats on two different accounts because Jets FO gonna Jets FO. I would really like to hear from others about the cell phone nonsense. Well, I'm practically legally deaf in my left ear, but seriously, I'm willing to listen. As long as I'm not using my left ear.

They suck. What are they doing?! @Royal Tee really needs to kick in on this.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

I swear to God, any game I attend, when I enter the stadium lot I get the same sweet, parking booth woman. ALWAYS. Perhaps she's not human and there are several of her. If that's the case the parking lady robot is the only thing the Jets have done right ; ) She handled my phone perfectly, and the extra time involved in the act afforded the opportunity for me to quiz her on the permit or cash-thing. No cash there and she was strong about it (Giants building entrance). She knew her shit. I arrived at 8:50 AM, but I wonder how that little bit of extra time handing phones over per car added up. For that reason alone I made sure to be there early. They may have had one more car booth open than usual for that reason. Not sure.

Getting into the game was difficult. The lines seemed longer than usual, but we may have waited too long and it was a big crowd. I tried not to be late going in - I don't know what time it was. Seems no matter when I walk in I see the anthem from the outer plaza. Scanning my phone was really no different than scanning my print out ticket, and I was ready for it. I will say that their kiosk scanners are good - it sensed the ticket quickly. The problem is they need to add some more freakin' entrance lanes. Spent damn near 20 minutes in the hot sun.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Great tailgate though and if we win and the jets don't disappoint like they always do my bitching goes down 75%. Its always about winning buddy. that said, so glad I don't have Seasons

Brook! and CBG like this.