2019 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, May 21, 2018.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's almost as likely the Jets are picking 32nd as they are picking 2nd. Maybe more likely, it's been 22 years since the Jets had a pick that high.

Walt White likes this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Brittle Trey Adams (coming off an ACL in 2017) is reportedly now going to miss most of the 2018 season with a back injury.

Hello Dalton Risner.

3. Cross off one of those big time OTs.

Watched that Wisconsin OL against Western Kentucky & was not inpressed.They struggled quite a bit w speed both on edge & interior gaps.

Fascinated to see which OTs step up their game as the season goes on.Its hard for OL to maintain draft stock from 1 year to the next bc they can only go down from the first round type accolades

4. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

LT/Edge/Trade Back are the only options for me at this point (yes i know its very early). Judging from what many scouts are saying and if we have the chance to draft Bosa we shouldn't take more than 20 seconds to pick him.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I agree and I would say we have zero chance at landing Bosa heading into 2018 as I thought we had no shot at Darnold heading into 2017 without picking 1st or 2nd overall...

But, I was wrong.

Nick Bosa is someone I'd (also) trade our 1st round pick and pretty much our ENTIRE 2019 draft away in order to move up for Nick Bosa.

To walk away from the 2018 and 2019 draft(s) with a Franchise QB and a Franchise outside/edge Pass Rusher with Franchise leaders on both sides of the ball?

Sign me up.

And then come 2020 well be back to having full draft ammo.

Nick Bosa and Dante Fowler Jr. playing opposite of one another?!?

With the likes of Leonard Williams, Darron Lee, Trumaine Johnson, Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye? Good God!

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Pass rushers are a good group in both FA and the draft and we have money to spend big too. Sadly the FA pool in 2019 sucks for o-line but the draft is good. I'd rather go sign 1 or 2 pass rushers in the offseason to fill that need and use our top 3 picks all on o-line. sure it isn't sexy but it's our biggest issue right now and drafting 3 ups the chance that 1 or 2 will pan out.

Red Menace and CotcheryFan like this.
  7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

So you want to trade away TWO first round picks PLUS picks another 6 picks to get Nick Bosa but not 2 first round picks and money that we have gobs of to get Khalil Mack?

Lol.

FJF and CotcheryFan like this.
  8. Rollo Tomassi

I agree, put the entire early draft towards OLine and address pass rush in FA.

Red Menace and GasedAndConfused like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

i was looking at the numbers and we could even land bell and 1-2 pass rushing OLBs and not lose anyone important. we can also sing some depth lineman but really nobody that is young and good to start right away. we'll have to hinge our bets in the draft which is a great year for o-line so we lucked out. the bad news is lots of teams need o-line help. there just aren't enough good o-lineman in the NFL these days

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Screw Bell, why anyone would want to extremely overpay for a player who does not even want to play for the Jets is beyond me.

Red Menace likes this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah no brainer for me too. Has the pedigree. Has the technical components of the position AND has the motor.

Blue chip.

12. Rollo Tomassi

And with all the miles on his legs, that position goes south very quickly. And he’s a known asshole. Buyer beware.

The Waterboy likes this.
  13. I mean addressing OL is all fine & well..can we get one surefire blue chip Weapon for Sam?

Everybody’s so quick to write off Bell..so be it.But if we think we can have continental success on O solely by adressing the OL we’re going to be sorely mistaken.

14. GasedAndConfused

money talks. he's 26, the best back in the NFL and would be a huge help to sam. powell is gone after this year leaving us with crowell, maguire coming off an injury and we have cannon. the main issues we have IMO are pass rushing OLB and o-line. there really isn't much to sign to imrpove our o-line and we can easily afford a pass rusher or 2 and bell. it's a luxury but at this point it makes sense

exactly. a great run game helps a young QB. he can catch out of the backfield and make big plays. he's young and is the best RB in the NFL and even the best RBs won't make too much. not like he's going to cost 20 mil a year and we are saving a fortune having a QB on a rookie deal for 5 years. most teams are paying 20-30 mil for a good to decent QB and we are paying pennies we can use to spend elsewhere. gurley is making 14mil a year then a huge drop off as the next highest paid is freeman at 8mil. we can probably sign bell for around 15mil a year for 4 years and backload it in case he falls off at 30. Sam gets a RB he can have for the next 3-4 years. it just makes sense. jets are set at RB as well for a while with bell and crowell and maguire and cannon fighting for the 3rd spot

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  15. The Waterboy

He already said he wouldn't play for the Jets for $60 million, asked what it would take he said $100 million.

At this point that would make absolutely no sense.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

people say stupid shit all the time. money talks. he's not going to take less to play for some low tier team that's not the jets. sure he may take less to pay for a contender but no contender has the money to shell out for him. hell even jason taylor was a jet for a few years. If sam performs well and we do well he'll see the jets as a young team with upside and a good QB. the steelers are an aging team with a little window left. their D isn't what it sued to be. ben's close to hanging them up.

17. The Waterboy

Point was he said that it would take that much more to play for the Jets. I would rather the team spend on great players that aren't assholes.

Besides, how much time do you think he has before he starts breaking down?

18. It doesnt necesarily have to be Bell.There are plenty of reasons for pause w him.It really doesnt matter if it’s RB/WR/TE or some type of hybrid.They have to be an unquestioned elite talent or well on their way. This will help the offense/Sam almost as much as a better OL will & it comes in the form of 1 MAYBE 2 players while we need at least 2 starters & 2 backups to make any headway w OL.

Now OL needs to be the higher priority bc its a bigger weakness right now but for every David Carr or KOB theres a Mark Sanchez & improving the offensive weapons musnt be forgotten.

I like Tevin Coleman as a good alternative to Bell if he hits Free agency.Highly talented guy who is ready to step out from behind devonta freeman.There are also a few WRs in this draft class who will likely become elite level prospects as Bowl seaskn enters the equation.

19. GasedAndConfused

I get that but your personal gripes arne't going to build us a winning team. Business is never personal. Players get it, teams get it, fans don't sadly.

and he's got at least 3 more years in him. he's only 26 right now

he's literally the only elite offensive talent in free agency next year as of now. Luckily lots of pass rushers. ansah, lawerence, fowler. even a few older guys like suh, orahkpo, and wake are out there. all a big improvement for us. lawerence would be sweet to land. he's only 26 and coming off a 14.5 sack season

20. The Waterboy

Good businesses do not over pay for a product. The money he wants to play for the Jets would be over paying. That is not personal.

A fan that wants their team to overpay for every product are the ones that don't get it.