PSL Default repercussions

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JetsNation06, Feb 16, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That's hysterical. And that's of course after they invalidated the last two games on you last year. I haven't received any voicemails yet, but I've been getting emailed up the wazoo trying to get me to buy STs when they know precisely why I left. See how I laugh, and see Lyin' Jets FO thread. A moderator finally decided to move it to this forum.

STs will start to move again and even PSLs if Sam excels. The joke's on them, though, because anyone who decides to buy back in as to a PSL is going secondary market all the way. And first time PSL holders - if they're interested that, is - the time is now - and it will also be secondary market all the way. That's astounding to me that they'd even have the nerve to call you when they know damn well how they dissed you; and yet IF you ever considered going back, that you'd consider going through THEM?! LMAO. They're beyond delusional.

People can now buy STs on the secondary market in PSL sections without a PSL (as you know). I'm calling that law firm today just to see where things are standing as of now.

Donewithfootball likes this.
  2. jetophile

Ha, they called you as well. The Jets FO just learned a Japanese word: sayonara. Speaking of Japanese, I hope that when the new Godzilla movie comes out that he stomps and trashes The New Dump. Now that's a movie I'd pay to see!

3. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I just received an e-mail alert saying that a NJ judge tossed a lawsuit by Jets’ fans over the teams ticket sales policy.

Didn’t read the article yet, but the blurb basically says that the court ruled that the team’s decision to sell season tickets without PSLs doesn’t vilate existing PSL agreements.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If you find the article, start a thread in the Jets main board please.

P.S. @jetophile will be mad.

5. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

This particular article requires a paid subscription - which I don’t have.

I’m sure more outlets will pick it up before the day is out.

While I was quite the chatterbox on another site a while ago, I’ve never started a thread here!

6. Donewithfootball

Donewithfootball New Member

I found an article but apparently I'm not allowed to post links to this forum. I found it on the courthousenews website: Jets Fan Loses Suit Over Value of Seat License

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

8. Donewithfootball

Donewithfootball New Member

Think of what it would mean to the league as a whole if there were to be any kind of judgment in favor of PSL holders. It would cost the Jets a small fortune to pay off on any one judgment, which would in turn spur more cases filed against them, then probably cases filed by fans of other teams in the league. There is no way they'll hurt the league like that. I really wish I had thought to record the conversations I had with the rep when I bought the PSL to begin with.

9. GordonGecko

They better appeal this, how can anyone say there wasn't an implicit understanding of exclusive rights by owning a PSL. WTF is a PSL for if it's not for exclusive access?? Seriously what the fuck, is it a generous donation to a billionaire owner because people have nothing better to do with their money???

10. Jetsfanforlife

Jetsfanforlife Active Member

The attorney for the fan base is appealing it. The case will be heard in Philly. I just got an email from the law firm (I entered my name and contact info with them in regards to this suit). I am not comfortable posting the letter they sent but the jist of it is they are appealing and feel it will be overturned. We will see. I will post any info I get.

11. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

12. jetophile

I just left a voicemail at the law firm that was handling the case. I meant to call them the other day. The friendly receptionist didn't seem to know much about it and switched me to an attorney named Denise who is on top of it. I'll see what happens. I said, "I have incriminating information." LOL.

13. jetophile

Just received a call back. Yes, the case was tossed but it is being appealed to the Third Circuit. The attny I spoke with was very intrigued. I basically gave her a 'hearsay' account of what they've done to some people although I did mention specific rep names. My guess is that it will quite possibly never have a good resolution for the Jets FO lyin' ass chit, but this is definitely a case where I want my tax money flushed down the toilet. Fukk them. Go all the way to the highest court in the land. When I said that I was told that the Jets can do anything to anyone at any time for any reason to fill the place even with a PSL, she laughed. Incredulously, that is. Sure, depose me. I'll put my hand on the Bible for that one, names and all. I explained that I did not own a PSL, but I can send her my lyin' ass invoice and begging letter that followed. It's too bad that I deleted a bunch of their emails, oh, well. Pretty much he said/she said, but I'm all for burning the midnight oil just to stick it up their butt. Sending all of my contact info tomorrow along with everything else and I'll be put on a list for updates on the case along with current and former bail jumpers. Will keep you all posted.

^EDIT & P.S.: This thread needed this, haha.

#173 jetophile, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  14. GordonGecko

For people in the lawsuit you can add this extra piece, it turns out the parking lot booths accept cash to park in the lot, no PSL required. Per LogeSection2RowJ "It's stated pretty plainly on the Jets website that the lots are for permit holders only and non-permit holders can park for cash off-site." and sec314 "I have been paying cash all last year just didn’t know it’s this way for all the lots. So it’s not a question of if the only thing I don’t know what they charge in the lots other then orange."

So they are in violation of that policy also

15. jetophile

Oh, and Woody Johnson is a tax cheat and settled with the IRS. It's hard to find out how much the IRS made him pony up + interest but it had to be at least $10 million. And then the Farmland Assessment exemption in NJ. He basically 'legally' stole from the state of NJ in 2009. He paid $1,470 dollars property tax on 269 acres in Bedminster. I'm not making it up. Farmers deserve every break they can get, but how is he not embarrassed by this? I think he planted a few pine trees and let his weeds grow or something. We live in a matchbox and we pay over $4,000 a year in property tax alone. Our land is also the size of a postage stamp. Bon Jovi the liberal also takes advantage of this law by throwing some wildflower seeds or some shit.

16. Since1969

The farmland assessment is a good example of a program supposedly designed with good intentions (the preservation of farmland) exploited by people who really didn't need to exploit it. They have the money to pay their fair share, the way the rest of us are forced to do.The only question is whether those passing this legislation winked and nodded to the people who are now exploiting it.

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jeto

Is it true the class action suit was rejected by judge?

18. jetophile

Is this a question or a statement? Ask Lois Lerner, lol. She should be handcuffed to a barred window every day of her life, by the way. Someone making Bernie Maidoff look good, imagine that.

19. Since1969

Per the opinion, the District Court judge never even got to the issue of whether to certify this lawsuit as a class action. Instead, he found that plaintiff's complaint failed to state a legally cognizable claim. Stripped to its essentials, the judge found that the PSL holder got what the PSL agreement entitled him to. Because he found no legally cognizable claim, he dismissed the lawsuit. Unless the Court of Appeals (3rd Circuit) reverses, the lawsuit is over.

I linked the opinion so anyone who is interested can read it.

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/gengo-jets.pdf

Brook! likes this.
  20. Since1969

I should add a few things:

1. The opinion, as I read it, states that the PSL holders got what they were entitled them to under the PSL agreement. Think about that. The PSL agreement was drafted by the Jets attorneys and was undoubtedly designed to permit the Jets to do whatever they want. Sort of a stacked deck, right? Unfortunately, many contracts are a stacked deck.

2. Any time a person appeals, he/she has the laboring oar. Here, however, the issue is solely a question of law. Thus, if the Third Circuit disagrees with how the lower court read the applicable law, it can reverse the decision. This is a lot better position to be in than if, for example, the lower court buried the plaintiff with adverse factual findings. In other words, there is still a ray of hope.