Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I think what makes the Familia trade so bad is how early it went down. If that was the return at the deadline I can buy that ok guess that’s the best they can get for him. I would think the only way you make a deal 10 days before deadline is if it’s an offer you can’t refuse. If this was an offer they cannot refuse I sure hope the Mets plan to go outside the org for next GM.

Also as much as I was for trading DeGrom and Noah it’s best to wait for the next GM to be hired.

2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

When Cespedes plays, he is great. I don't buy into this idea that he is faking injuries or milking them to avoid playing. He has just had some bad luck and that does not excuse the countless other roster issues on this team. They don't have enough offense and their defense in the field is atrocious. Much more of the blame goes on Alderson here, not to mention Callaway choked away plenty of games this year.

I haven't heard about Ces's surgery but if he's really out 10 months, they need to do it asap. The Mets are the absolute worst at handling injuries.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

He's not faking but sounds like he hid a major chronic problem from everyone and has just been getting bandaid treatments. From what I heard he has had bone spurs on his heels for many many years which has caused all sorts of other leg problems. The only solution is to literally surgically cut off his Achilles on BOTH feet, chip off the spurs, and then re-attach the tendons. If he does both feet at the same time he's going to be in a wheelchair for months.

The Mets don't want him to do the surgery because they want as much output as possible from him before he leaves, even if it's not in his long term best interest. IMO he came clean on this now because of that timeline, he has 2 years left on his contract and he wants to be 100% on his walk year to get his next contract. He's been playing everyone

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Callaway has got to go - the team plays with its collective head up its ass, Reyes doesn't even attempt to steal in the 9th down a run, no sign of the young players learning a thing as the year goes along. He is so overwhelmingly overmatched.

deGrom with 8 IP, 2 ER, 10 Ks, 5 hits, 2 BBs, loses the game. 1.71 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, 5-5 record.

5. GordonGecko

Callaway sucks but he ain't the problem. Everybody knows the idiot son has been running the team into the ground

[​IMG]

6. statjeff22

You'll never catch me defending the guy who has given Jeffs such a bad reputation, but he has nothing to do with the constant mistakes Callaway has made since the first day of the season (even when they started out 11-1). Callaway is just as overmatched as Jeff W is. Tweedledum and Tweedledumber.

7. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Here's the basic problem: an incompetent manager can be fired, but a meddling owner can't be. What makes these silver-spoon kids like Dolan, Jeff Wilpon and Woody Johnson think they're sports wizards? The only thing they've ever done in their lives is to win the DNA lottery.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

WTF is the league on this? They can force the Dodger owner to sell but the Wilpons get a pass????

9. Since1969

Fred Wilpon has been around long enough to be an MLB insider. That, I suspect, is why. It wouldn't surprise me if the Commissioner twisted Wilpon's arm to force him to hire Alderson (sort of like what Pete Rozelle did to force the Maras to hire George Young). It also wouldn't surprise me if the Commissioner twists their arm again on Alderson's successor.

10. Cman68

So we're fucked then unless Fred passes on. The Wilpons are like vampires. Sucking the life out of Met Nation with endless bad contracts, bad moves, and piss poor judgement. Great...….:mad:

11. Sam Hammer

So they just announced that Cespedes is officially going to have the surgery and be out 8-10 months. Forever snake bitten... Might as well have a fire-sale at this point. Cabrera and one of the starting pitchers for some decent prospects, since they won't compete again until 2020 anyways.

12. GordonGecko

Aside from the dumpster fire-edness of all this, can you imagine getting surgery to cut off and re-attach your achilles tendon? ouch

Anyways he's going to stagger the surgery, one foot operated on then the second 2-3 months later to be able to use crutches instead of being in a wheelchair the whole time

13. Sam Hammer

He should just bite the bullet and do them both together. He'd actually have a chance of returning at a decent time. It's not like he's going to be living life to the fullest during that first 2-3 months anyway. Typical Mets. They could have started this process a few months ago. Now we lose 2 full seasons over this crap.

14. Since1969

Not good. After he sees how painful the first surgery and recovery is, he may tell them to bag the second surgery.That's why, I've been told, that when a person needs two knee replacements, the surgeon will press him to do both at once.

15. statjeff22

Mets trade Cabrera to the Phils for a pitcher in AA with an ERA of 4.24, a 1.44 WHIP, and a 1.63:1 K:BB ratio. Again he's only a rental, which limits what you can get for him, but it might be nice if just once they got a guy who could help the team at the plate at the major league level.

JetBlue likes this.
  16. Sam Hammer

Of all the teams out there you trade him to the Phillies! Growl.

17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Lol the Mets are losing 25-4.

TWENTY FIVE!

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Mets or Yanks, take your pick:

TWENTY FIVE or 6 to 3...

19. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say.

mute likes this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

HOOOOOO SAAAAAAAY
    HO-SAY HO-SAY HO-SAY

lol WTF o_O

21. Cman68

And the league will not step in and force a sale.. This franchise is doomed until the Wilpon Albatross is removed from their collective necks.

Since1969 likes this.