Horror Flick Fans: List Your Faves (Made For TV/Sci-Fi Mixes Welcome) & Critique Away

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Is this it? Looks like a prostitution ring?

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1190539/

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yes, that's it. Disgraced ex-cop turned pimp missing a girl. I liked it. Lotta really good Korean flicks.

3. Rollo Tomassi

Thanks. Yeah I remember a bunch of really good Korean flicks. Loved Man From Nowhere, Joint Security Force and Brotherhood of War.

4. Walt White

Yeah, I loved Man From Nowhere. Watched it like three times. Had a man crush on the lead actor :oops:

I'll look for the other two. Just watched Memories Of Murder for the second time, another serial killer flick. Prolly some nuances missed with the translation and cultural things, but it had some dark humor, funny stuff, tragedy, and great photography. Kind of an epic flick.

5. Rollo Tomassi

He’s in Brotherhood of War.

Fully frontal nudity for your man crush.

No, not really. :p

6. Walt White

Lol.

You got me. I was like aw shit I won't be able to watch Man From Nowhere again if I see that. :D

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Does The Fly from 1986 count for this thread? I watched it last night for the first time and thought it was pretty good. An odd movie that is funny, scary, sad, and gross. :D

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If you ever get the chance, check out "The Fly" with Vincent Price.

MoWilkBeast and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Post #57. I really wish that I knew how to directly link a post. I managed once a few months ago, but trust me, it was dumb luck.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/thre...lcome-critique-away.89295/page-3#post-3625984

By the by, I will never stop gushing about Vincent Price. I adore him. The stupid kid in the original 'The Fly' was also in the original '13 Ghosts'. I never forget a face.

#149 jetophile, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Cman68 likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

My favorite Vincent Price character was: Simon Templar aka: The Saint

11. jetophile

'Slender Man', oooffa terrible. And people wonder why I pirate stuff. I adore terrible flicks, but this wasn't nearly bad enough to be good. I may rethink that in a couple of seconds, but plunking down money for that? See ya.

12. jetophile

What the F is this, a remake for 'The Blair Witch Project'?

[​IMG]

#152 jetophile, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  13. jetophile

Somebody help me out. It's a French film from around 2000 (?). Young unwed mother in the 30s(?) subjected to brutal and judgmental conditions by nuns in a convent/workhouse because she was pregnant with nowhere to go. Part of her duties was to clean this massive place, they treated her terribly, and she was very isolated. Unclear if her family sent her there because she was pregnant and they were ashamed of her being an unwed mother or if she was an orphan. As her pregnancy advances and she can no longer hide it, she starts having suspicions about the entire deal and goes exploring and poking around. She finds a boarded up part of the convent/institution and it's a dirty secret: an old tuberculosis ward for abandoned and long dead children. It was creepy as hell. Spoiler (because I'm sure no-one will ever be able to find it, anyway), she dies down there and becomes a pregnant ghost and care-taker of the dead tubercular children (it's implied she died in childbirth or maybe even had an abortion). The nuns were in on it all along. The scene at the end where her ghost is naked and pregnant and looks like a cracked stone statue with only the whites of her eyes showing in the Mother Superior's office was pretty good. The movie was kind of all over the place and a little David Lynchish, but it was worth the watch.

The end scene was chilling to me because of all of the shit that went on in Ireland. Holy Crap. Goddamn awful Catholic nuns throwing 800 dead babies (that we know of) in an empty septic tank and lest we forget the Magdalene Laundries. Sadistic sexually repressed bitches. Anyway, I looked around, and I just can't find this movie!

14. jetophile

This short film always freaked me out. Not really horror, just crazy weird. Rubber Johnny. It was the Chihuahua that got always got me.

15. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

Love me some Horror.

Big Romero fan as soon as I saw Night of The Living Dead in the early 80’s. George will always be my favorite director (even the later entries into the “Dead” series.) like Argento too but the Italian to English dubbing always adds some unintentional humor..

As for what I’ve seen recently:

House of the Devil (Netflix I think) was great. Total 80’s satanic panic throwback done to perfection.

The Devils Candy (Netflix) the old creating art or possession theme. The semi underground heavy metal sound track is a nice touch..

Rewatched Bad Dreams for the first time in at least 20 years and still found it to be a pretty enjoyable Elm street rip off.

The Devil Rides Out - the best Hammer film I’ve seen so far (trying my best to see them all)

Hereditary - was good but more a feeling of unshakable dread then “horror” although it did have one of the most shocking scenes I’ve witnessed in years.

The Funhouse - A Tobe Hooper gem that gets overlooked byecause of Chainsaw.... carnival always freak me out.

Castle Rock - Stephen King inspired series on Hulu. It’s Stephen King Horror. No other way to say it, you like it or you don’t. Great ensemble cast. It made me go back and watch the Original Salem’s Lot on Shudder.

Winchester - super disappointed. Great “True Story” potential. Something tells me the “final” cut was not what the director had in mind.

My current thing to do is to look on YouTube for trashy 80’s horror to watch during my lunch break at work.

I’m currently looking forward to the Suspiria remake and Del Toros take on Disney’s Haunted Mansion (I have a weird obsession with the haunted mansion)....

16. Rollo Tomassi

Holy crap. Lol at the Chihuahua.

17. jetophile

Welcome back to jeto's house of horror! There's also a George Romero thread and a Tobe Hooper thread (they're obits)! Almost every film that you listed has been mentioned or dissected (hah). Read through the whole thing when you have the time.

I'm so finicky about my horror. I'm like a cat who won't eat wet food but sometimes prefers turds from the litter box instead. If you're into trashy horror, call me! The witch movies from the 60s and 70s are the best.

I have the actress in 'Mark of the Witch' in some really old avatars with the noose around her neck before she gets hanged. I must find and resurrect them! GO JETS!!!

#157 jetophile, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  18. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

Damn, you guys are on it! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy in those special places! As a child of the 70’s and 80’s I feel like I was born into a “horror” goldmine. The 80’s gave us Michael Myers, Jason Vorhees & Freddy Kruger (not to mention the tall man) Add in the Evil Dead and I’m sold.

As a “Satanist” (your words not mine) I’m in Love with the Christian “Satanic Panic” hysterics that took over with the PMRC in 85. You’re bullshit imaginary friend is better than mine... got it! I think we’re due for another Golden Age of horror soon. The Zombie thing is almost done. Replace Zombie with blind political party voter and I’m done”..,,

19. jetophile

I also love all of the crappy movies from the 50s-60s. As in all of them. Almost everything was about radiation and nuclear war - all while the U.S. was blowing shit up and exposing people in Nevada. I have so many references on here and everywhere and nobody gets them, haha.
    [​IMG]
    One of my write ups: "A guy named Glenn gets exposed to massive levels of radiation. He wears a diaper, lives in a tent, and grows to the size of The Empire State Building. He gets very bitchy. The U.S. gov't tries to give him injections to bring him back to normal size. It doesn't work. He gets bitchier and pervs a woman in a high-rise while she's taking a bath."

[​IMG]

20. jetophile