Horror Flick Fans: List Your Faves (Made For TV/Sci-Fi Mixes Welcome) & Critique Away

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I liked Session 9. The lobotomy scene was memorable. I remember telling my young nephews about it and telling them how great it was lmao

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

'The Abandoned'. I mentioned this flick years ago. It's kind of all over the place with some slaughtered pigs and weird nudity, but the bridge scene at the end makes the entire flick worth it.

[​IMG]

'Cropsey'.

Ever poke around Letchworth Village? Probably not. Highly recommend and highly don't recommend.

#122 jetophile, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

KWJetsFan likes this.
  4. jetophile

I'm not gonna say 'Hereditary' again.

#124 jetophile, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  5. jetophile

'Gotti'. I used to have a movies so bad they're great thread, but it was lost in a crash years back. A a good friend of mine who has lived in NYC her entire life saw it. And we've both seen tons of films in NYC, often together.

Now you know seeing a movie in NYC is like being in Church during a funeral for a dignitary. No phones, no coughing, no talking, no sneezing, no farting, no burping, no whispering, no breathing, or you'll get swarmed. Death by getting shushed to death. Well . . .

. . . she convinced her husband to go see it because it had horrible buzz. The shush rule went out the window. People were heckling and laughing like hell. "This sucks!"' She said it was the closest thing you'd ever see in a NYC movie house (unless it's SUPPOSED to be a showing of a cult film) that she ever witnessed. "Oh, my GOD! It was like the theatre scene in 'The Producers' after 'Spring Time For Hitler'!"

I would have loved to have seen it in that context, hahaha. Unfortunately up where I live it will probably only get a couple smecks, a lot of yawns, and some walkouts. Anyway, I thought it fit right along with my 'Titanic' post, and that this was as good of a place as any to put it for similar reasons. Horror vs. Horrible, I guess.

#125 jetophile, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm a "Halloween" movie junkie. Got married in costume on Halloween (my wife's best friend at the time, who sadly passed away, was our minister in full Michael Myers outfit). I hated the Zombie versions. I might have liked them if they weren't named "Halloween". I think all the sequels have a certain charm, even if said charm is just cheesy horror. I'm totally psyched for this new one. I don't care that they are ignoring all the sequels. Should be fun with JLC in it and Carpenter, despite becoming a curmudgeonly old man who hates his own classic, is producing and doing the score. I'll be there opening night.

jetophile likes this.
  7. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

My condolences on losing your friend.

I feel exactly the same way about Rob Zombies remakes, if you can force yourself to ignore the names and the mask they aren't bad movies. They just shouldn't be Halloween. As for the new one, the trailer looks amazing. if it lives up to the hype it will be the movie of the year. For me at least.

jetophile likes this.
  8. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

I’m really looking forward to this as well. Vice Principals is one of my favorite TV shows from the past year or two and David Gordon Green directed for it and Danny McBride was a writer/producer. Pretty sure both have the same roles for this. Plus, like KW said, Carpenter doing the music (and consulting I believe?) is a good thing.

VP was probably like 95% dark comedy at least, but there were a few moments that were super unsettling and terrifying that came out of absolutely NOWHERE. It’s not much to go on, but hoping those couple scenes were an indication that they know what they’re doing with this remake.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  9. jetophile

Did anyone else hate Rob Zombie's 'Halloween' re-make? I didn't even finish sitting through it. I was in a bad mood, I just didn't care for it. Maybe I'll try again someday. I will definitely check this one out, though.

'Train to Busan'. I loved it. High gore, very suspenseful. It makes some subtle pokes at North Korea, has some black humor. Very highly recommend.

10. Walt White

The Korean's really know how to tug on the heartstrings too. Good movie.

11. jetophile

Oops, I didn't see this when I asked if anyone hated the Rob Zombie version. It would help if I could read. Your Minister was dressed as Michael Myers, that is the most hilariously awesome wedding story I've ever read. Mask and all? Hahaha. Sorry about your wife's friend's death, though. I hope you blasted "I DID IT MY WAY!!!!" after you were pronounced man and wife. Your post really made my day.

I got married on 10/27 which was as close as we could get to my absolute favorite day of the year. Christmas, eh. My bio sister got married on 10/24 in 2015. "October 24th?! What's wrong with you?! IT'S RIGHT THERE!!!!" "We didn't want to be like everybody else." My personal feeling is that her extremely religious dyed-in-the wool hardline Southern Baptist in-laws would've frowned upon it. Why does religion have to ruin everything? Well, in your case, it improved it!

This could be worth a look/see.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Finally got around to seeing this. I liked the movie but pissed my wife off when i told her about 15 minutes in, feedback from her hearing aid is how they defeat the aliens. She wouldn't believe me that no one told me that. Some movies are just too easy to figure out.

Jets81 likes this.
  13. jetophile

^Yep, I got that, too, mostly because it involved hearing. Can't wait for 'Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich'. It's coming out in August, but probably to limited release. No official trailer than I can find just yet. From what I've read, it's a hoot and a holler. Hate crimes committed by Nazi puppets from Toulon's legacy. Black humor, shameless racist jokes mostly to elicit horrified-oh-no-you-didn't reactions, a lot of gore, incredibly high body count. Again, can't wait. I still think Pinhead looks like Jason Fabini.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. jetophile

That little girl was adorable and so damn good. Acting ability way beyond her years.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Still a huge fan of the "Tremors" series. Luvs me some Burt Gummer. :)

Br4d likes this.
  16. jetophile

I can't believe that no-one has mentioned 'Cronos'.

17. jetophile

No love for Clive Barker's 'Lord of Illusions', either. I can't stand Scott Bakula in general. I can't rightly explain why, but perhaps because he takes every opportunity to be shirtless no matter what he's in (?). Anyway, this flick has its moments. I wish I could find a video of when they first unearth Nix and then take off his iron mask. Daniel von Bargen is great in it. His voice is exceptional (in everything he's ever been in), kind of James Earl Jonesish. I also loved Barry Del Sherman's small bit, an assassin in tights. Ignore the crap parts, embrace the fabulous parts.

18. Walt White

The Chaser.

Not sure you can classify it as a horror movie but it's about pursuing a serial killer. A little girl has an effect on one of the protagonists.

Just watched it for the second time.

19. jetophile

My apologies to Brandon Moore's Butt. He mentioned 'Train to Busan' pages back. We all kind of keep crossing over on some flicks. That just made me crack up, apologizing to 'Brandon Moore's Butt' if you read it for what it is. Haha. Trust me, I'm easily entertained.

EDIT & P.S.: 'Burial Ground', good one.

#139 jetophile, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  20. jetophile

Post #109 in the EDIT & P.S. re: the movie 'Maniac'. I just had to deliver.

OK, so here's my 'Maniac' movie story. Like I always say, all of my stories are true. I don't care for weed, and I've probably only smoked about 10 times in my entire life. Part of the distaste was the shkivatz sharing of spit. Um, yuk, no, keep your hippie chit over there. Anyway, it would generally make me untalkative and withdrawn, and most times when a siren went off, the cops were out out to get me, so what's the point? There were a few occasions when I laughed like hell, but I generally stayed away because it wasn't fun for me for the most part. I almost always got a sore throat, and again, the spit sharing, yecccch, roach clips, more spit proliferation. Plus, bongs have this penis like remindful shape on top of it. It's just not sexy looking at all. I mean, penises are fine, but bongs and spit sharing, just . . . no.

So anyway, my friend Mark and I momentarily considered making tea with some Hawaiian he had instead of smoking it because I refused to smoke out of some homemade toilet paper roll contraption. The end part, after the TP was gone. What? No, bad idea, your parents' house will go on fire. Then he tries to go all rolling papers on me, and I say, your spit, my spit, the point is the spit, eh eh, spit no. I'm not a germophobe, but the thought of sharing saliva with a group of unknown people who might have the herp or God knows what else in the spirit of sharing, get a job. Well, that wasn't the situation, but as much as I love you, I'll pour water from a canteen into your mouth if we're ever stranded in the desert, thanks.

Then I come up with this brilliant idea. Let's mix the pot with raspberry jam and toast it on bread. Yep, we ate it, which is a lot more potent. Who knew? We went to see 'Maniac', the Joe Spinell film. Joe Spinell was in 'The Godfather' and really believed in this misogynistic POS movie. People were protesting over it, but we went to see it before the real ruckus. It was 'I Spit on Your Grave' bad, and I was getting really disturbed. We were high as kites about half-way through, and I said, "I gotta get the fukk out of here. NOW." We went into the lobby. Mark: "I'm so high, I think I'm dying." Me: "No, you're not. Let's sneak into 'Every Which Way You Can'. "

So, yeah, we watched a crap sequel with an Orangutan with Clint Eastwood and Sondra Locke that we barely remembered on the way out, and then went to the diner. Story not over, here's where it gets better. Mostly back to earth and shoveling pancakes into our yaps while mainlining coffee, we hear this noise outside. Is that an earthquake? The foundation of this lovely Greek-American establishment was literally moving right below the window of our aqua colored pleather booth. Thump, thump, thump! We simultaneously lifted the curtain to see, and one guy with a mullet with jeans up to his neck was kicking the crap out of another guy with a Mohawk and slamming him against the bricks. Mystery solved. I swear to Christ, it went on for about 15 minutes before the owner grabbed a broom, ran out there and starting hitting them over the head. "NO CONTROVERSY!"

I was shrieking the whole time, there was no stopping me. Mark put quarters in the table side jukebox. Guess what happened next? "You're not ever going to believe this, J. Here it comes! 'Oh, What A Night', hahahahahahaha!" Perfect. God keep Frankie Valli. What a night it was indeed. Legend. You can guess how old we were by the movies.

#140 jetophile, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018