Who is setting up to be the next AFC "Dynasty" team?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by seanofthedead, Jun 5, 2018.

1. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

Thankfully (or Mercifully) it appears that the N.E. Pats "Dynasty" will slowly be winding down over the next few years. What AFC teams in your opinion have either set themselves up or are on their way to setting themselves up in the next 2 or 3 seasons to go on a good Playoff / Superbowl Pats type run once the Cheats are done dominating the AFC?

I think as far as the AFC East goes we have the best QB situation going forward (could just be home team bias) and with a few more young guys with skills and manageable contracts on the offensive line we may be able to compete for the division/playoffs on a yearly basis.

Any thoughts on what other teams in the AFC are headed for LONG TERM success?

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Their is so much parity in the league that its hard to become a dynasty. The Pats have it because the GOAT HC/QB and they are well run organization. The Steelers are another organization that will remain competitive for the long term simply because they are another well run organization. Think about this the Steelers have had only 3 head coaches since 1969. Knoll(1969-1991), Cowher(1992-2006, and now Tomlin (2007- to present). They have 8 Super Bowl appearances with 6 Lombardi trophies which is the most of all NFL teams. I don't know about dynasty but the Steelers are a team that will remain one of the top teams in the AFC even after Ben retires.

NYJalltheway, onefanjet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

its almost impossible to predict but i'd say Houston has a good shot. they are a young team with a lot of talent on defense, a solid line, good positional players and watson looked great before getting hurt

Antoni, NYJalltheway and FJF like this.
  4. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Us.

Walt White and FJF like this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That's a nice thought you got going on in Candy Land.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I would say Jacksonville and the Vikings are well stocked to keep challenging the leaders in the AFC/NFC

Also, LA Rams, Atlanta maybe the Titans get better too...I might say New Orleans but Brees like Rivers in SD are aging out

Until the Jets are a better run organization we will always be on the outside looking in...good management is crucial imo

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the only reason i didn't pick jax, is their lack of a QB. bortles might have been gone if his injury didn't force the team to keep him and he isn't very good at all.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Vikings have a 3 year window max. They have to pay a bunch of players within the next few years and that is when Cousins walks. They are win right now mode. Chiefs are one that comesto mind if Maholmes is the real deal. That offense is really young with Hill, Hunt, and Kelce.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

3 years is an eternity in the NFL, and the Vikings can always resign Cousins.
    I think they will be competitive in the NFC for awhile.

But dynasties are really tough to come by, as even an elite 1st tier QB is not enough.
    I don't see a budding dynasty on the immediate NFL horizon.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I agree. It requires more than just players, you need the best FO and a great coach as well and I don't see any team that has all three right now.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Nobody. In the salary cap era, rosters turn over so quickly that to be a dynasty you need the best GM, the best coach, and the best QB. The Pats have that, but odds are it won't happen again.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The P*ts have never had the best QB.
    They just had a very good system QB, that fit what the HC wanted to do perfectly.

Belichick (along with the cheating) is how they've remained consistently good.
    Once he's gone, they are done. And there is no other coach nearly as good, and nearly as sketchy, as the hood.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep ..there's some that believe Belichek has eclipsed Lombardi as theGOAT...

Now just imagine 18 years ago Leon Hess was miraculously still alive ...Little Bill would have stuck with Big Bill his Mentor and be running the Jets...

How precocious for Belichek to foresee what absolute nincompoops the Johnston family would be compared to a more experienced owner like Kraft....too bad..bad luck for Jets

14. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

This is the EXACT thing I would have said, just about word for word, including the three coaches point. It would behoove the JETS (or any other organization) to take notes/learn a lesson ...

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It appears they might have learned a lesson. Any other time Bowles would have been fired already. Hopefully the change for change sake is over with

onefanjet likes this.
  16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think Bortles has the potential to be a top 10 QB in the NFL. He needs to work on consistency, but when he's on his pretty good.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The LA Chargers are setting up an incredible young defense.

18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

But their QB is close to the end of his career.

19. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Agreed on Houston. In the AFC I think they have the best shot.

In the NFC it's the Philadelphia Eagles by a long shot. I mean Wentz could win MVP this year and they could repeat, and then we can already start dynasty talks.

Royal Tee and GasedAndConfused like this.
  20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

We're about 2 years behind them imo...