Horror Flick Fans: List Your Faves (Made For TV/Sci-Fi Mixes Welcome) & Critique Away

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Oct 28, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

'A Quiet Place', not too shabby but slightly disappointed after all of the hype. I did like it, though.

'Hereditary'. Aside from the all pervasive dumbass AA crap that is somehow 'science' that we'll never be able to get away from because people are too fukking stupid to admit and grasp that it's not science, that's my only minor cut on the movie. I grudgingly forgive that because I loved everything else about it. Oh, fine, maybe it was a bereavement group. It's a must see. As in a must see. A24 has been grinding out some great flicks. They're fast turning into the new horror house.

I can't express enough how great this flick is. Toni Collette for the win.

#101 jetophile, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. jetophile

'The Titanic'. It's on in my Studio right now. No, I would never buy this mega-overrated POS, it's just that I only have limited TV channels in here. I've only seen it once before, and also on TV at that. Why did I put this movie in the horror flick thread? Because the dialogue is absolutely terrifying. It's so bad, I'm in the midst of making a primal scream and I'm about to start running for my life. Luckily for me, the absolute classic idiot horror film move of running INTO THE BASEMENT or RUNNING UPSTAIRS WITH NO WAY OUT instead of RUNNING OUT has been decided for me. Back to business and more on the actual 'Titanic' later.

Re-make of 'Dawn of the Dead'. The best scene in the film, IMO (sorry it's not all in one clip). Here's Johnny! lol

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Not sure if you guys have seen the Korean flick "The Wailing"

Check it out.

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Just watched The Chase and Memoir Of A Murderer on NF, two Korean movies that I liked a lot. The Wailing is next, you're the second person mentioning it.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  5. Jay Bizniss

Deff a good watch. I am going to check out the two movies you listed.

Walt White likes this.
  6. jetophile

That would be me. : ) I watched it twice, because there was definitely a few things that I missed. Good catch though, Jay Biz. Again.

#106 jetophile, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
  7. jetophile

'Curse of Bigfoot'. S-o-o-o-o-o worth it. I mean it. Wait for the reveal. It makes the hoax film short we all know look like a masterpiece.

HOLY, hahahaha.

". . . So I arranged a field trip. And as a result of that field trip, three of those students wound up in a mental institution." Yes, I own this movie, what else.

#107 jetophile, May 24, 2018
  8. The Hitcher (80s OG version)
    Phantasm
    Maniac
    Creepshow 1 & 2
    People under the stairs
    The Funhouse
    The Omen 1-3
    Childs play 1-3
    Halloween all but 3
    Friday the 13th
    Pumpkinhead
    Hellraiser
    Amittyville horror
    Wishmaster
    Nightmare on Elm All

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  9. jetophile

Pumpkinhead. Ed . . . Harrrrlehhhh. Most have already been mentioned, but excellent list. 'The Funhouse' (RIP Tobe Hooper), that made me so proud, I will gladly donate a kidney to any Joe Blow just for that. I hope you're hanging in. : )

[​IMG]

"By the pricking on my thumbs, something wicked this way comes." Shakespeare/Bradbury. I LOVE Ray Bradbury. 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' (the book) was great. The movie was decent, but it's worth it even if you never read the book. It's actually worth it just for Pam Grier. Does this woman ever age?

EDIT & P.S.: Man, do I ever have a story about the movie 'Maniac'. It involves being high as a kite and a fight in a Greek diner. It's coming. Always remember, all of my stories are true.

#109 jetophile, May 24, 2018
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Watched it and liked it a lot. Very good. Will prolly watch again on the bigger TV

Not horror but another Korean flick I loved was The Man From Nowhere. Have watched it three times. Had a man crush on the lead actor lol. Along the lines of Man On Fire

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

[​IMG]

When this mother fucker pops up in Salem's Lot, is one of the best scares you will ever get.

12. Jay Bizniss

I have a nice list of movies to check out. Thanks buddy!

Walt White likes this.
  13. jetophile

Already mentioned pages back as well. Petyr from 'What We Do in the Shadows' is based on 'the monster'. I can't recommend it enough. Funniest horror comedy since 'Shaun of the Dead'. I saw it for the first time on a flight into Rome in 2015, and I was laughing so hard, I almost choked on my own tongue. Even if you don't know horror movies, it's absolutely hilarious. I heard they might be making a TV series out of it or something.

14. K'OB

Damn I looked through but must have missed it being mentioned.

I love horror movies, even the shit straight to video ones lol

Session 9 is worth a watch

15. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

The rumor is the TV series is going to follow the werewolves not the vampires which also sounds hilarious.

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

What I read was there were 3 spin offs. The first is a series, a half hour comedy set in NY with the vampires, the second is a movie, "We’re Wolves", and the third another spin off series, "Wellington Paranormal", based on the cops from the movie, set in New Zealand.

17. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

All three of these would be fantastic. Especially the NYC vampire one.

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  19. jetophile

I thought I was clear (maybe I wasn't?) re: Salem's Lot, but 'What We Do in the Shadows' was where Petyr was taken from.

'Session 9' is a guilty pleasure. David Caruso is so bad in general, lol. It has its moments. I guess that guy really did kill his wife. With hot boiling pasta water and maybe his kid, too? But yeah, he murdered her, unclear if it was the ghosts of the patients that spurred him on or if he was just nuts on his own. The lobotomy scene was really creepy because they actually did that to people routinely, especially on people who had nothing wrong with them in the first place. Absolute barbarism in and of itself. I wish I believed in Hell because there would be a lot of people there who performed and condoned that atrocity and I hope they all died of brain cancer. Don't read about Howard Dully if you ever want to sleep again. RIP Rose Williams and Rosemary Kennedy.

#119 jetophile, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  20. K'OB

I did misunderstand you, tbf it isn't hard sometimes lol

Session 9 is a funny one, has he become possessed by something and then killed his family or did he do it before they started the job and what you witness is his slow descent into madness.

It has been an age since I watched it, will have to lug it out and have a watch.

I looked at the trailer for what we do in the shadows and it looks promising, hopefully it will be on amazon prime :)