Hackenberg/Bates Article on Yahoo

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by championjets69, May 29, 2018.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Unpleasant friction with Master Bates?

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I wish there was a MegaThread on Christopher Hackenberg.

NYJetsO12, K'OB and FJF like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I could understand why Jonathan Bates would get upset with a guy like Hackenberg... couldn't hit the broad side of a yarn!

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

My concern here is, why was the OC aware of Hack's plan to re-work his mechanics, but the coach wasnt? Seems like news that should make its way around the coaching staff.

Other than that, doesnt really matter. Hack sucked in college, and sucked in the pros. A blind guy could have seen this coming.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

There is no way we will miss Hack in the lineup. He's not accurate enough and not aware of the defense. Just follows the first WR and doesn't looki him off. Goodbye!

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

A good lubricating lotion would've been in order.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

[​IMG]

joe likes this.
  9. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Brought to you courtesy of Rich Cimini.....

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

My concern is what were Bates and Hackenberg doing for the whole year to have Hackenberg decide he needed to make a change only after the season ended. What was Bates doing as the QB coach to make Hackenberg better?

Are we prepared to have the same lack of coordination between Bates and Darnold with Bowles in the dark again? Is this just a sign of Bates becoming the pariah he's been every other place he has worked now that he has not one, but two of the most important jobs on the team considering the arrival of Darnold? Perhaps the year of Gumping has not helped the man put his past behind.

#10 Ralebird, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

More than likely Bates believed changing the mechanics wouldn't have made Hack a better QB

12. Ralebird

Too bad the head coach wasn't in the loop when such decisions were being made - I wonder if the GM was, or anybody else who should have been. This sounds like a very dysfunctional organization. Doesn't bode well for the future.

13. 101GangGreen101

head coach is focused on the draft, FA and improvement of the roster ... not a 3rd stringer that cannot figure out his own throwing motion.

I mean now is a good time to leave, its open team season.

LF911SC and FJF like this.
  14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah, sounds to me like they made their mind up about Hack a long time ago. The rest is just noise created by the media. Thankfully nobody in this regime gives it any credence. Hack sucked and he's gone, oh well.
    Hack-Gate Lol.

#14 Walt White, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Gruden the qb whispered is a bit of a false narrative, he got a couple of good seasons when Gannon was throwing to jerry rice and Tim brown but no where else has his qbs been anymore than average at best.
    As for hack, whatever, good luck. Sorry you didn’t work out here. The team would be better right now if you did.
    // topic

16. Ralebird

Are you really suggesting that only sycophants need apply for the position of "Jets Fan?" Do you really want to disqualify everyone who can see farther than your sunshine, lollipops and rainbows? Bring on the fucking unicorns! Just remember that now when having the Head Coach, OC and QB coach on the same page is more important than it's been in decades you're making excuses in advance, already approving of such lack of cohesiveness.

Do you really believe that business strategy is sustainable and can support the results of the draft and improve the roster?

17. 101GangGreen101

Well there's no need to overreact. Just turn the card in, no one will judge you. I mean things with Hack didn't work, all is lost and the Jets should've used their entire off season to help Hack. Fuck Darnold. I mean the rules totally allow you to make such an investment.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

18. 101GangGreen101

It's amazing how some fans think players deserve to play just cause they got drafted. Some sort of entitlement based off draft position. The best players play, but that's a hard concept for some fans to accept.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

19. Ralebird

Yeah, I'm sure to give up because you said I should, after abiding the likes of Winner, Holtz and Kotite.

The point is not about Hackenberg, he may just be collateral damage, it is about how this business of playing football is being run. The Head Coach and his QB coach don't talk because...I dunno! So, the answer is to make the QB coach also the OC so there is one less guy in the coaches room to not communicate with? That's sure to help bringing along the savior and also in winning a few games, right?

Can a guy who professes to be a fan of the team actually be okay with such a system? How has it worked so far?

20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

He got every chance to play last preseason at the expense of McCown getting in the games and he sucked.

But it must be that somebody is to blame due to incompetence and dysfunction as suggested by crack investigative journalism from some local hacks like bich semeni et al.

I love that Mac and Bowles are immune to this type of nonsense. They prolly laugh at a lot of it if they even see it.

Peebag and 101GangGreen101 like this.